SFV Lounge: SRK Cross Tag Battle

Can anyone give me a rundown on the Zeku changes?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking too after re-reading Karinā€™s changes to make her ā€œmore offensive.ā€

Simply put, he can switch a lot more freely between his OZ and YZ forms.

1 Like

New patch notes summarized in a picture:

Fixed for consistency*

10 Likes

Good guy Ryu, sharing his chair.

Sharing shmaring.

Cammy cannon spiked his ass out of it.

Wait to people actually want menat nerfed? She is probably the most balance character in the game at this point.

1 Like

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAA

breathes in

LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE TIER LIST

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4 Likes

why the ever living fuck would you use VT1 with S3 Kolin?

In some match ups the corner carry is useful and it easier to freeze your opponent, that said I agree with you. Especially against Guile and Akuma. Even my old ass can punish fireballs on reaction in VT2ā€¦sometimes.

Menat is in a really really peculiar spot.

She was intentionally made hard to use to appease the ā€œSrteetoh fightah Fihbu isa too eezyā€ crowed but in doing this they filtered out all the plebs that canā€™t use her. So since no one can use her except like 2% of the player base, Capcom canā€™t just knee jerk reaction nerf her unless she has some truly game breaking stuff in her game plan.

No one can just causally lab out her BS, so itā€™s easier to just be like, ā€œokay just nerf the bitchā€. I know Ahkos would prob say something along the lines of ā€œget gud bitch boiā€ but I feel like the situation isnā€™t that simple.

Menat takes too much work to play right and even if you got her gimmicks down chances are you still arenā€™t playing her optimally. Capcom is literally adjusting this character off of like 3 niggas.

So what do? I donā€™t have the time: [Read] (Iā€™m too fucking lazy) to figure out every Menat meaty, corner set up, loop, vortex, gimmick. She has to offer and I donā€™t play enough Menatā€™s to understand how to handle her game plan.

Now Iā€™m not asking for Menat nerfs. Let her be strong whatever. Iā€™m just saying this is the consensus and Itā€™s never gonna change till a baby can mash out her VT1 set ups.

5 Likes

lol

sorry. the best i can do here to let you know that was funny.

1 Like

i think itā€™s because Capcom knows who they want to be top for each season and who will be the underdog. theyā€™re putting on a show for all the viewers. Cammy hasnā€™t won enough and they want to see her winning more events. if the audience boos loud enough (Abigail) theyā€™ll nerf the character/s.

I donā€™t really get all those Urien changes, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m fucking stupid.
Quarrel kick is now +3 because no one fucking uses that shit, ok, I get that one.
Why did they nerf st.HP crush counter and then bring it back?
Why did they increase recovery on st.LP and cr.LP?
Did they remove cr.MK xx tyrant blaze?
Why did they make v-trigger II cost more v-gauge on use if itā€™s worse than v-trigger I?

1 Like

Yeah one day weā€™ll get LOLs modded up in this bitch. Hopefully.

I mean like Daemos said, I guess thereā€™s no debating that shit is political about balance changes with viewers and CPT money on the line. With that said I think with Abigail they figured Abigail was fun and needed more stuff to be fun with. I think they were just stupid enough to not put together that he would be like 3 archetypes in one with the buffs they were giving him. Looks like they figured it out now. Itā€™s like how they gave Urien a cross up and shit. I remember when I read patch notes and saw Urien got a cross up and was like ā€œWTF whyyyy??? does he need that??ā€ He probably wouldnā€™t go too much further down the tier list if he went back to no cross up like 3S, but having a cross up just pushes him up that much further.

Yeah thatā€™s how Eddie/Zato stayed top tier in GG for years and whenever he gets nerfed into something thatā€™s not top tier Ogawa calls bullshit and bitches because WTF Zato is supposed to be top and who cares if the peons canā€™t breakdance on the stick and use 2 characters at once. He can do it and it lets him win so thatā€™s enough and you wont have to deal with it unless you fight him so if you canā€™t handle peon Zato then git gud.

E.Ryu was like that too. The only other shoto that you really needed to bother using once he rose up was Ken, but E.Ryu was clearly good enough to be the shoto to mostly use and he had combo swag that people were action movie bomb scene wiring their sticks for just to perform better.

I personally dont really have a problem with her because Ibuki has enough ways to pick her way in on her and then you just fight her like every other character once you get in. For other people though who play characters where your chances to get in are much slimmer, I can see why there would be frustration. Overall though she adds a zoning dynamic to the game that people want so she probably isnā€™t going anywhere for a while.

1 Like

You know, had the stun on the air headbutt been kept at 400, then being able to cancel into air ex SPD would be well worth the risk and the difficulty of pulling it off.
Manage to land it? Hereā€™s 650 stun for your trouble, or 750 stun in VT2.
It would be worth risking trying to pull that stuff off in neutral if your opponent jumped in this case.

I can answer your Cr.HP into CC question. They put it back because they are nerfing Crush Counter damage.

Awww man I donā€™t wanna see that nerfed Ibuki s.HK CC damage. Awww manā€¦Tuesday.

I guess itā€™s worth it so bad EX DPā€™s dont destroy Akuma and anybody that isnā€™t a big body.

What time does the maintenance start?

Cammy Boyz still being blessed by the Capcom gods

1 Like