SFV Lounge: SRK Cross Tag Battle

S3.5 biggest winners and biggest losers. Your picks!

Winners

Zeku
Sakura
Ryu
Cammy/Akuma/Menat (because they got away with murder)

Losers

Rashid
Abigail
Fang (because fuck you Capcom)

Still alive. Capcom is just telling me to stop being a spamming meany pants so itā€™s okay. The V-Skill nerf is whatever since after its destruction in S3.1 I stopped trying to make it my game plan. Hell, ever before that I stopped using it as the go to footsies button. I have no idea what the VT activation unify notes mean. Does it mean I canā€™t cancel the first hit of sweep into unga anymore or does it mean I can do that in VT1 now?

Also VT1 getting a damage nerf is fucking hilarious. itā€™s like they really really donā€™t want me using that again.

Yeah I thought I saw that right when I saw VT1 damage nerf. Yup, Capcom.

The unified thing for her VTC cancels is just a fix. Like sweeping the dust off the keyboard. Apparently different moves had different starting/ending frames where they could be VTCā€™d, so they changed it so itā€™s more uniform and you can activate on the same set of frames for each move.

I would put also Guile in the winners group. Fang didnā€™t get nerfed that much, his st.lp AA wasnā€™t supposed to be there and the V-Reversal nerf is general for that kind of escaping V-Reversal, so nothing game changing.

Something tells me most of these changes were already supposed to be implemented, but Capcom hold it a bit to see how the playerbase would have adapted to the AE rebalance. Looking at the shitstorm generated from Abi buffs+ low tiers being useless they pulled the trigger, thatā€™s why the changes are coming so soon.

But he wasnt buffed when he shouldā€™ve been which makes him a bigger loser.

What da fuck ā€œeased the combo countā€ means?

But he wasnā€™t nerfed also which sometimes itā€™s even better.

Probably means combo with that special will be easier.

Usually means that the juggle limit was eased up. You can connect more things.

1 Like

I see, but that would be connect stuff from the move, not into it right? So many moves got this change.

I wouldnā€™t consider Ryu a big winner in this patch honestly. He might go up just because of others going down, but his changes are meh.

2 Likes

Diamond Dust
Damage increased from 90 to 120

Speaking of Kolin, I just jumped the Chun ship and am back to using Kolin again. Canā€™t really remember her S3 changes but the increased recovery on Light Vanity is noticeable. Everything else not so much, at least if you use Trigger 1 as I do.

*ā€I am now more inclined to believe that this patch had nothing to do with balancing the meta. Based on reading the notes and comments, it is more likely that these changes were made to help popular players. I also believe this was done for the sake of ratings and Capcom Cup. I am confident that they have the analytics to see if there is a correlation between a character and concurrent viewership ratings.

Capcom has gone full corporate with these changes. As a fan, I donā€™t like it. However, as an analyst by profession, I understand why they did it.ā€*

Comment from that which shall not be named. Thoughts? I think viewer ratings are becoming more important to Capcom and that eventually/inevitably they will do this as such is the path we are on. But I donā€™t know if they already are doing it here.

Just seems convenient that the biggest names had their characters basically go untouched.

As much as Iā€™m annoyed with the Abigail and Laura changes, Iā€™ll have to play them and see how bad the changes are myself. Hell, I did play Laura in S1 and Abigail in S2, so Iā€™m not a total fraud, I swear!

2 Likes

It is like that since SF4. Remember how many nerfs Yun,Akuma and Evil Ryu got? I 'member. AE rebalance was a mess, cā€™mon now.

At least you donā€™t leave the sinking ship, respect for you. Instead I can feel sorry for those Abi players who are going to usain bolting the fuck out from the Vroom Vroom bomber. I can say Iā€™m sad, because Iā€™m not.

6 Likes

I am back from the Shoryuken-dead.

3 Likes

Meh, Capcom has always made weird balance choices.

A select few are chosen to never be relevant such as FANG and Vega(Claw phobia) are the Deejay of today, add Ed to that list potentially.

If it were about popularity anymore than before then why did they nerf Juri? She is extremely popular and stream gets ā€œhypedā€ when she is on you donā€™t need analytics to see that one.

1 Like

Trolling on EH was never been that funny, told yā€™all

Iā€™m going to side line Cammy with Juri. This is what Capcom wants, then Capcom will get it.

ā€¦As soon as I figure out how to mod in her Doll outfit.