SFV Lounge: SRK Cross Tag Battle

so marvel made you a mod here?

1 Like

Marvel and Capcom.

Ima go to work for a bit. LMK if Falke trailer

this is a new thread weird.

lately people think im good at dbfz and know what im talkin cause of the youtube channel about haha what fuckin IDIOT NERDS

1 Like

I wont tell them you said that so you can keep getting groceries for free

2 Likes

Youtube startin to pay the rent money now instead of the grocery money :-0

Maximillian yours days are numbered!!!

14 Likes

whatā€™s there to understand? He has among the best neutrals in the game, a lot of people play him because heā€™s easily top 3 if not the best character in the entire game and he isnā€™t that hard to play effectively

I guess nVidia fucked up on the new drivers.
SFV crashed thrice today already. Once when I was winning against an Ed and almost hitting ultra silver. =_=

Menat is greatness and those who oppose to her reign shall be slaughtered :sunglasses:

3 Likes

NVidia and Capcom made a joint agreement that you are not ready for Ultra Silver just yet.

Well in any game Guile is in regardless of his tier (there are games where he isnā€™t top tier LOL), thereā€™s a certain way you have to fight against him that pretty much suggests how good you are at the basics of SF. Being able to make good neutral jumps and walk ins through the obstacle course is a staple of knowing the basics of SF neutral. Those that dont will get sonic boomed and flash kicked until they lose and auto lose to him.

Once you learn the ways around Guileā€™s booms then any old lower rank Guile canā€™t just gatekeep you. They always auto pilot their booms and sit on down back for flash kicks in situations where itā€™s easy to move in and bait them into a bad one and punish. Those are usually easy to beat. Itā€™s the ones that are much better at Guile neutral and know how to hide their charges inbetween moves that make things more difficult.

Guile is top tier because he has what he usually doesnā€™t have in other games which is very strong offense. He usually ends up middling out because someone else just out offenses him or disrespects his boom game. Now he can do both. Play the boom game and take it to people with V Skill mid screen lockdowns and frame traps into the corner.

I was referring more to his midrange game and normals rather than his zoning ability.
Iā€™m ok with zoning in general and I enjoy matches where I have to be patient to get in

His normals are good, but itā€™s hard for him to win just on his normals alone vs better players as he canā€™t really force any frame advantage without booms. He kinda has to have both in play or else heā€™s playing a mid range where he canā€™t convert from extremely well compared to other characters more built for it.

Thatā€™s the point, heā€™s extremely good at zoning and pretty good once youā€™re in range for his normals while being without any real weaknesses at the same time. Iā€™d rather fight Abigail than him

:coffee:

4 Likes

fuck that rooflemonger guy hes a piece of shit and mark my words I will beat his ass if I ever meet him

5 Likes

Yeah that rooflemonger guy is a total sell out. He is on EventHubs like every other day with some random DBFZ vid. :thinking:

5 Likes

Luckily he still has a few counter matches and he isnā€™t super unga. As top tier is he is heā€™s not making 80 to 90 percent comebacks unless you screw up really hard. I donā€™t really have problems with Guile because heā€™s still about the most fundamental character in the game. If you lose to Guile you canā€™t call it a bunch of bullshit unless you just hate everything Guile stands for. You just got beat by a character with strong SF tools.

Iā€™d rather play against Abigail tho , at least he has some exploitable weaknesses, Guile is just too flawless, apart from outplaying the player you just canā€™t do much meanwhile he doesnā€™t really needs to change is gameplan unless heā€™s facing Rog or Menat.

I love Abigails VT2. Its the closest thing to Juggernauts Headcrush. He even says unga when doing a charged version of it.

Sadly, VT1 is still better in almost all situations. Is there any reason to use VT2 over VT1? Matchup wise or not.

well. i heard he likes to be like maximilian and he is getting there slowlyā€¦this changes people :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard he crafted his stick himselfā€¦from a bigger stick

2 Likes