SFV Lounge: SRK Cross Tag Battle

Rooflemonger videos are good tho

4 Likes

Frame advantage notes on Blanka VT2 (Lightning Beast) for those wondering.

Blanka VT2 Frame adv/dis

3m
Blanka VT2 frame advantages after different balls.

from @Jerom on the disco (may not be 100 percent accurate, but gives idea).

c = cannon/v trigger ball
point blank:
lp ball > df+c = +1
mp ball > df+c = 0
hp ball > df+c = -2
ex ball > df+c = +1

inside backdash range:
lp ball > df+c = +2
mp ball > df+c = 0
hp ball > df+c = -2
ex ball > df+c = +2

outside backdash range:
lp ball > df+c = +2
mp ball > df+c = +1
hp ball > df+c = -2
ex ball > df+c = +2

rainbow ball adv:
rainbow ball > df+c = +2
rainbow ball > d+c = +5

lk upball adv:
lk upball > df+cannon crossup = -3(-4)
lk upball > df+c, b+c, df+c = +5 (+7)``

3 Likes

One INTENSE set.

2 Likes

Well for one Platinum Guile players have to play the mirror match in about 7 out of 10 matches which would already be reason enough to immediately check popularity rankings and pick one of the bottom 3 characters.

1 Like

ā€œGoddammit not another one of me. Fuck this Iā€™m playing FANG.ā€

See, if you all just played Menat like I keep telling you to, you wouldnā€™t have these Guile problems

2 Likes

Itā€™s always fun to see Tokido approach different characters and players differently. He used a lot of s.MP to V Skill which is not something I see him do often in other matches. Air EX fireball is really good for commanding space and hard to punish if whiffed any way. Necalli is still Necalli.

Hmmm, I think any character that can invade his space quickly like Ibuki, Rashid and Dhalsim can give him problems. They may not be as bad matches for him as Rog (well Season 2 Rog) or Menat, but all of those matches are easily even at minimum or slightly in their favor. Guile definitely canā€™t just go into auto pilot to beat those characters easily and one bad boom or flash kick vs them is problems. Best case scenario Menat is already a hard counter to him and probably one of the worst matchups in the game for a character that is top tier. Being able to V Skill his V Skill is huge as thatā€™s usually his main way to safely lock up the screen and start rushing down when zoning isnā€™t working.

Iā€™d say Rashid is closer to the ā€œperfectā€ character. I still havenā€™t even heard anyone ever discuss anyone that he flat out loses to since the game came out. Not even heard anyone he legitimately has issues with. Which I think is because his combination of solid buttons, corner carry, top CCā€™s and great movement with EX DP covers too many bases for what you need to be good in this game. He definitely doesnā€™t go much worse than even vs any of the top tiers and probably even beats some of them. Not to mention having 2 triggers that can force momentum nicely and are only 2 bars.

Itā€™s fortunate that you donā€™t mind fighting Abi too much as a lot of people still witch hunting and pulling their hair out over him.

Well I know his VT2 can shit on fireballs, but overall you just dont get the combos or damage of VT1 and VT1 already improves your anti fireball options. Which means with Abiā€™s health and damage pool he just needs to get in once to make it all count. Like Abiā€™s VT2 is pretty solid, itā€™s just VT1 is that much better and VT2 doesnā€™t really do much that 1 doesnā€™t other than allow him to bully projectile characters a little bit harderā€¦

That is one of the main reasons I started playing her.

If you canā€™t beat em, at least make them a secondary char.

1 Like

Blanka VT2 shenanigans

1 Like

So, no Falke in March. Time to bury this game for another month and see what else is out there.

1 Like

I just finished watching the grand finals between infiltration and tokido.

Menat was struggling vs Akuma. The game still works against Menats playstyle and everytime Akuma lands a hit, she had to hold that shit.

Infiltration did play the match perfectly cuz heā€™s that godlike but Iā€™m still somewhat surprised he won. I think tokido had him downloaded and the next time they cross paths, results might be a lot closer.

FIRST PAGE BOYS

What the fuck is this ā€œBody is unclear, is it a complete sentence?ā€ bullshit? Why the heck are you trying to control how I shitpost.

3 Likes
1 Like

Canā€™t wait but notice that nothing from SNK shows up in that trailer. :smile:

Part of Infiltration winning is definitely due to people not being as accustomed to Menat (whoā€™s good at things that are not regular for this game) as other characters in the game. Any DLC character that becomes as strong in the meta as Menat is just going to have less top players to research to learn to deal with. Luckily a few of the top asians do use her, but Infiltration will still have his own style.

Iā€™m not too sure if the game works against Menat that much. Other than not having an EX DP and having a poor V Reversal I think her defensive game is pretty well thought out in comparison to her offense and what she can do in the neutral. Sheā€™s one of the few characters that can bully Guile who is also known for being top tier because he stops a lot of the cast from running in and popping CC/VTC into snowball momentum. Menat and Guile are both high/top tier because they have tools that work with the meta and also have anti meta tools that allow them to slow down what normally wins matches with characters like Akuma, Necalli and Abigail rather quickly. If the game worked anymore in Menatā€™s favor I donā€™t think most of the other characters would be able to even fight against her. She fights with anime disjointed hit boxes in a game where everyone else has very meticulous hurtboxes around even their best hit boxes.

I think Infiltration could always pull a switch to Juri for that matchup. I always felt she did pretty decent against Akuma since her charged V Skill allows her to slip around air fireballs and shuts down his standard fireball game. She can easily lock him into only playing with buttons and then force him to play around her buffed LK fireball and s.MK. Which both of those also do a pretty good job of spacing out a lot of the cast. Which the buffed LK fireball active frames now allow her more opportunities to land the fireball on block at frame advantage and give her more space to charge the next fireball or other store. Plus an EX DP that just got buffed to have a real amount of invincibility to not have to respect all his offense. Oh and a V Reversal that can actually hit the opponent and doesnā€™t have as many guaranteed punishes.

I havenā€™t had a reason to post short enough yet to check out the body is unclear shit yet. I donā€™t know if the character limit is like 10 or 20 letters or what. I also want to be able to add spaces in between paragraphs. Otherwise starting to get used to the site more. I just bookmark the 40th post of the most frequent threads Iā€™m on and thatā€™s like a page on an older forum.

Falke in 2 weeks

1 Like

@DevilJin_01 please unpin old lounge and repin story thread, oh ye of greatest power and wisdom. <3

I already unpinned the old SRK Lounge like a few days ago unless Iā€™m missing something. Just pinned the Story thread a minute ago.

ALSO, Iā€™m going to push for a fix to the character discussion stuff. Itā€™s all in a jam right now because right now thereā€™s only one category for character discussion. Just character discussion. Itā€™s basically what would happen if you clicked on the character subforum and every thread for every characters was just lumped randomly in descending order. Like 940 threads just in a mess.

I want it to look more like this where each character has their own category in the sub forum

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/c/battleborn-open-beta

As you can see this is much neater and you can even see previews of the threads for that character on the right of the category. Right now the only way to get to stuff is through tags which is rather confusing and not in any real alphabetical order. Thereā€™s no middle ground where the characters are clearly listed to pick from. You either hit character discussion and sift through the mess or search up tags in a not very organized search.

You guys will see or Iā€™ll let you know when that gets fixed up so itā€™ll be easier to just browse through characters again. Already @'d a couple admins to hopefully expedite the process.

From there we need to get some boxed/bigger avatars, some reaction icons with hopefully some labels and from there get a bit more of a forum feel.

4 Likes

Pools for Thaiger Uppercut are live

4 Likes

I believe you set your own pins on Discourse