SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

if it’s even without it then he’s winning with it. it has a massive impact

Probably they want us to VTC from Hozantos,Kokus and Run Slides.

Ok.

And that’s where everyone’s failings are, including Capcom’s. They WANT each SF game to have something from a previous one. “Well, throw this in from my fav SF game, it worked great there!”

Outside of moveset, each SF games should be built on its own, without just trying to frankenstein shit from previous entries in the series. Instead people keep asking for, and Capcom keeps trying to make, shit to try and bring back the “glory days” of SF without understanding why those things worked in those particular contexts.

Zeku definitely doesn’t need it.

I won’t lie though. When VT1 is up I’m basically just thinking about slide, as if they are on the ground more than a split second I get to basically do whatever I want. Not that it auto-wins games… but there’s not a lot for Zeku to really consider.

1 Like

You can just slide at random intervals until ones blocked and then cover with VTC and then another with the VT into fat frame trap.

Laura would literally be deleted from the game without trigger comebacks. Mika would still put you in the blender. Akuma and ratshit would still crap on over half the cast. Abi a grappler? Fucking how? Ryu and Sagat would still have shit buttons. Cammy still gonna corner you hit you with shimmies and grabs. Ibuki still has vskill and Kunai shenanigans.

Seriously wtf are you smoking mate?

Good then. Fuck your character. Zeku’s been ass for two years straight.

Dont tell me that doing a slide cancel to be a +6 is the thing busting shit wide open while she still has one of the best triggers in the game.

Its hard for Zeku but he has tools. I gotta use 10 differe nt things to deal with 3 of yours. Dont know what to tell you; ask ono to put more ass shaking in her super or something.

1 Like

Tell me what you see more out of abigail a command throw or Roll into VT and some kind of charged attack?

abgail and birdie are as much of grapplers as necalli is. At this point necalli probably threatens with command grab more than both of those guys truthfully.

TLDR without VT he’d be force to use his other moves more, right now the only command grab you ever see him attempt (especially in season 4) is the armored run from time to time.

“zeku vtrigger doesnt matter” “yeah it does, here’s an example” “GOOD HE DESERVES IT HOW DARE YOU” lol

Yes he does. Zeku has no low threats other than that one normal once he has v-trigger. Gotta check your ankles somehow.

1 Like

OK

The game 90 percent of the time at all levels comes down to trigger. Without that the game is totally different. Like I said the top tier would be still top but much more manageable and some would drop significantly

Lolwut. Abi still has true ticks and Cool Kid used them last event. His run grab is terrible, it’s the least used move out of his run.

Removing Abi’s VT does nothing to make him function more like a true grappler, at all. They already removed Abi’s oki from all of his command grabs + his super oki. So no, he would not function more like a grappler.

Mostly, I believe he still gets it in the corner

Alright, let’s have an experiment. Lounge Sets today, but no one uses VT or V-Reversals. Let’s see how this really pans out.

1 Like

wasn’t aware, that’s neat. And also terrifying.

Welcome to SFV, where the comebacks are made up and the lows don’t matter.

Slide VTC is dumb… not really more dumb than other VTC stuff in the game though. So I don’t see singling it out as a unique problem.

Y.Zeku cr.mk is a fantastic low btw.

Might as well still allow V-reversal. Only changing one variable at a time is a much more informative way to test things.

Did it yesterday, it makes the match play out way slower, and at the point where VT would come online, you’re both still playing an interactive game.

Removing VTs removes that small window in a match where context is removed in favour of VTC swings, which doesn’t lead to insane tempo from VT pressure. It slows the game down a lot.

We kept VRs though, VRs are still fairly mediocre. You can just feel the loss of bar when you VR an EX move moreso because it’s your only source of increased damage.

Removing triggers from the game does nothing to close the gap between good buttons, good oki, good frame data and the shit the trash characters gotta roll around in lmao.

1 Like