SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I think all Abigail pro players but one needed VT to win in S3.

Ken.

1 Like

He said he put McDonalds that high based on Japan.

Japan has much higher standards for food than we do in the states so they can’t get away with the cheapest of cheap products over there. So they get quality meals. Kfc in Japan is supposed to be really good too

1 Like

They do, but it’s not like you just pop one of those triggers on Ed or Fang and they elevate to the same level.

Yeah, that one I can see! His actual triggers are pretty mediocre.

I’m at UltraPlat. Which somehow means that diamonds show up as opponents because of the matchmaking algorhithm. Which means I can play casuals and have access to what should be higher quality opponents.

Its been so so in diamond gameplay how good they are, but def putting in more work. Now I just gotta make sure I’m anti airing properly, really catching whiff punishable normals etc. Doesnt really feel insurmountable really. More like “well, now you just have to get better at using your tools.”

3 Likes

Their base kit is good, Rashid would be top if you stripped him of VT, but Rashid has some really questionable design on his core kit already. Free ins, very easily piloted neutral.

I think Karin is the best example of a well designed character that V has. She feels complete pre-VT pop. Has a good arsenal of normals and her walkspeed makes the V stubbiness way less apparent. Has the V dash, the easy access to -2 red chip, fantastic meaty options to maintain momentum etc. Good character, can’t really fault her.

1 Like

understand for a second that menat’s opponent, by definition, will always get their vtrigger against her. and she can’t really prevent anyone from activating either. the opposite is not true now that she’s at 3 bar, getting rushed and dying with her vtrigger charged is now a regular occurrence for her. she would be MUCH stronger in a game where vtriggers didn’t exist because your main obstacle in games where you’re winning is their invevitable attempt at a vt comeback and possibly an insane neutral skip vtc. it would be a huge buff to her zoning game not to have to deal with that. the same would apply to all zoners.

remember that the point of this convo from the beginning was that VTCs wreck the neutral as a comeback mechanic when they’re on the table, not that they’re the sole reason top tiers are where they are or something. i think having a good vtrigger is extremely important but obviously it’s not the whole equation

1 Like

If Pertho passes me up in rank I request I get a “You ain’t shit nigga” title

5 Likes

I feel like a lot nerfs to Ryu, Chun, necalli and a few others should he reverted. Think that’d leave the game in an amazing place.

Mocha would have more to say than me about Ken’s VT game, but his base kit is insane. His VTs are on the latter end of cast.

Chun-Li also falls short at the VT game, would deffo be near top if hers were nuts.

Absolutely not, without trigger a lot of top tier characters are now good but more more manageable.

Ryu all of a sudden can fight almost all the cast on even standing, sagat is strong, Cammy and ibuki aren’t obnoxious, Abigail is a real grappler, akuma is “honest” and rashid doesn’t get to be a total balls to the wall nut toward the end off the match.

Alex and mika would be almost useless, laura would be better falke would be amazing sim strong Urien would be useless…lol

game would be totally different.

Hard reaches here. Insanely hard.

1 Like

“Cammy and Ibuki aren’t obnoxious”

Ok

3 Likes

Don’t really understand how it makes Abi a real grappler either but sure.

1 Like

Chun’s weird. Like, some of the base concepts involved say her triggers should actually be pretty good. I think her problem might really just be that she needs a real damage buff.

People love downplaying. Abigail had a bunch of stuff before he hit v-trigger. Hell Evil Canadian had vids on how much he had and went on rants on how much he lost.

You could legit take away Zeku’s v-trigger and nothing would change about how good he is. Cammy and Mika are consistently good because nothing of what makes them effective has to do with v-trigger.

Problem with some of the v-triggers is that they have to justify them by nerfing regular tools to make you use them. But when you do that, you get seasons 2 and 3 Ryu. Unfortunately no amlloumt of overbuffing v-trigger leads to good gameplay.

These are the breaks.

Her VT1 timer nerf killed the trigger, and VT2 at 3bars doesn’t come online quick enough given her poor VMeter building options and lower health value. VT2 could be worth something if it were dropped to 2bars. They tried to inject better meter building with her S4 changes but it isn’t enough.

Also almost all of Abis kit got demolished you should prolly read the patch notes. Cause you hadn’t before. If we go back and watch majority CPT matches with Abi it’s a VT1 comeback. I say comeback but he didn’t even need to lose enough health to make it a comeback at 2bars.

eh. menat matchup would be very different if zeku had no slide cancel

I dont think Zeku needs VT to make that match up even.

2 Likes