SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I can’t really see the argument for VTCs being neat, they completely invalidate playing any form of interactive neutral in favour of a strong insta-in button that you wouldn’t normally use, have little to no potential to be played around, and don’t have a form of risk/reward which V was supposed to be based around(The premise sounds terrible to begin with it’s just funny how it’s the complete opposite of what they intended.)

Zeku’s gonna slide, Bison’s gonna slide, Alex gonna st.hk. And there’s not really anything you can do about it other than say “yep, I’m eating it.” Even if they were -2, this problem still exists.

7 Likes

VTC is the second ghetto roman cancel ability Capcom has put in their games. It would be nice if in SF6 Capcom stopping doing poor copies of GG shit.

2 Likes

But they went and nerfed boxer advantage on his target combo VTC. Fuck you capcom!

The idea that vtc is a bigger departure from “traditional Street Fighter” than universal parry or air blocking or crouch teching or focus attack seems pretty garbage.

4 Likes

You can play around focus attack. You can play around crouch teching.

You can blow these things up, get back to me when I can actively avoid/deny an instant VTC into a mix.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone is saying that, just that its super degenerate.

Like I wasn’t around for the former two but people definitely hate the latter two lol. Also do all of those things lead to unavoidable offense?
(They may like i said i don’t know)

Like why can Bison “still” slide into activation and be fucking +4?

Why couldn’t they leave Balrog target combo alone? Psycho power bias I tell ya.

Because Balrog was hitconfirming from a low into 1 million damage with a potiential reset lol.

Btw i know you’re just clowning. Nerf Bison

1 Like

You can’t hit confirm his low target combo.

A solution I have thrown out before.

Eliminate the revenge gauge, make VTs (with some tweaks) use super meter.

For example, if Zeku’s Itaden were just a 2 bar move, that would be a lot easier to swallow.

1 Like

Look mang it ain’t about the damage dump. It’s the principle of the matter.

Okay, but you’re playing every second of every single match around focus attack. How is that “traditional Street Fighter”.

I don’t hate any of the games, but people just pile on the V system because it’s what they’re playing NOW. It’s not a bigger effect on the game than every other departure from SF2 has been.

I mean when you cancel into VT its pretty easy to see “hit or no hit” lol. But more importantly it leaves them standing on hit vs a knockdown.

For what it’s worth I dislike VTC and FADC for the same reason.

SF games just haven’t been set up to handle Roman cancels.

3 Likes

Principles? Bison is literally his boss

SF6 will introduce the dramatic new mechanic of “Crisis Time”, where when two equal strength attacks clash you enter a brief state where all normals will result in Super Counter Hits.

The term traditional street fighter is garbage, nobody even mentioned it. The games structure changes with each iteration.

Difference being the things you mentioned, I as a player can deny and play around. If I poke you and see a focus attack? I can just cancel into EX.Tatsu, Shoryuken or some other shit and blow you the fuck up.

You want to crouch tech? Okay, eat this delayed frame trap. You’re about to eat shit.

You want to deny my VTC? Uhhh…good luck I guess? Better start randomly neutral jumping and pray.

9 Likes

Is that what happens In guilty gear?

I haven’t played hardly any xrd, but I have never been able to figure out what is going on when that happens.

Danger Time, generally disliked mechanic in GG. All hits have insane hitstun so you get a big fat combo.

Damn yall got me scared this is really gonna be in SF6.

1 Like