SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Honestly if you said to me Sagat - you want a DP or…Birdies AA.

I’m dumping the DP.

7 Likes

Nothing I say is bullshit.

You on the other hand… rare for something of worth to be said, but you have rare insightful things to say that go beyond monkey level front lobe development.

It’s cool when you take the banana out your ass and have a worthwhile thought.

7 Likes

At least you’re still making good jokes.

That being the main point. This goddamn game fucked up archetypes to absurd degrees.
Ibuki not only has EX Kunai, she has her dumbfuck V-Skill and a plethora of great buttons.

Rashid is even worst, he’s a rushdown with superior neutral buttons and the craziest part it’s his VT1 basically says “fuck yo neutral, hold these mixups I started fullscreen bitch.”

Won’t even go onto the Akumas, make a smurf, get to plat, see how many fucking retards can get to Plat with Akuma without pressing a single fucking button in neutral.

Everybody in this game crying there is no individuality. Get fucked I say, you don’t want individuality, you want wins. If people were so obsessed with individuality they’d be playing Juri, the one character in the game that can be played with different styles, but they don’t because she’s not good enough for a game where everyone else gets in easy and with better close range tools.

You add nothing to the discussion. But I’m glad you’re here.

I love you bro. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What are your thoughts of having a comeback mechanic gauge and super gauge be separated to each other rather than both of them available at the time, Something like what 90s KOF did with Extra and Advanced?

KOF 98 extra and advanced system was pretty nifty indeed, with extra getting free DMs once your life was low enough.
They changed it on UM so it would have a cooldown between each DMs, which made the mode much weaker. Advanced already had a lot of advantages over extra.

But KOF 98 didn’t have the need for ex moves while they are crucial on SFV, so they would have to come up with something that would give access to ex moves on both modes.

3 Likes

Comeback Mechanics don’t work, they’re always either dumb or rubbery.
Or in SFVs case both.

I take clever Ressource management over it.

4 Likes

You did not get the full combo, unless it was a deep jump-in.
How can you compare that to SF4/5?

SFV core mechanic ain’t gonna change, why bother now? They gonna refine the actual system here and there, but nothing drastic, then welcome SF6.

1 Like

Hoping for some fresh SamSho info this weekend.

4 Likes

I have a gut feeling we’re going to get a character in April.

1 Like

Not really about SFV but other future fighting games.

If those need to be separated and selectable than having them both accessible.

Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist, Soul fist,

1 Like

Can tell you now with 100% clarity that no Sim is going to make it to Master rank by mashing buttons.

Can write you a list of Ibukis that have gotten to at least Super Dia with literally zero neutral ability though.

2 Likes

4 Likes

the build is playable there so even when they dont show new chars and stuff we at least see how the gameplay actually is looking like. i hope it turns out to be a good game and of course that the pc release isnt taking to long. good time to be a fg fan :coffee:

1 Like

Put some money up

1 Like

maybe at end of the week… lol

4 Likes

VTC is fine, I think its neat system mechanic. It just needs to be looked at character by character, with it over all being a way to make moves safe not plus on block outside of certain buttons. Cammy and rashid and akuma at best should be getting plus 2 of some obscure Heavy button that doesn’t crush counter for there Plus 2 on block. Everything else should be 0 to - 2

2 and 3 bar V triggers should have distinct differences, 2 bar triggers you can’t cancel from specials. 3 bar triggers you can, 3 bar vtc give you 1 plus to your VTC’s.

The problem with the game is legacy skills from older fighters of any type don’t really carry over well. Sf5 plays more like every other fighting game than street fighter. Like you are literally at a disadvantage if you some into SF5 or play SF5 with a SF mindset.

As much as I dislike sf4 that wasn’t an issue, same with sf3

It really annoying losing to people you make better choices than most of the match and then lose to quickly off a bad choice or two at the end.

It really sucks that the real match starts once someone pops V trigger which is usually mid to late match.

I really wish Trigger was full an available from the jump and harder to acquire again unless you actively are trying to build it via CC’s and v skills.

3 Likes