SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I’ve gone back to playing Ed the past few weeks, and i definitely think he’s improved, s4 changes have been game changing.
I get a 6 frame punish from almost max range. And it’s perhaps the best 6 frame poke in the game. And your light button punishes are no longer useless, as in know you can cancel them into ex psycho upper (gets you oki on back recovery). And psycho flicker only needs 4 inputs.
Got a dhalsim to ragequit atleast.
One of the best anti airs in the game. St mk poke is solid from its workable range and can get you a side switch mix up. And on the ground it’s +2 ob, kk gets me a knockdown and oki. Fireball and v skill can get them to jump at you.
Negative i find with the char is that you have to be on point and pixel perfect in utilizing your tools. Because he does nothing extraordinary. No means to opponent up or get damaging punishes. But atleast you dont have to worry too much getting jumped in on, so you focus more on the ground game.
Still low tier but better than kage and vega imo.

Don’t know if I could do straight tiers. Putting FANG super high feels weird, but I think he is better than a lot of the people below him. Either way, this the playable or fuck’em chart. People on the same road I feel are on the same power levels against each other. Top being better characters than the bottom and all that. Probably need to learn more about new Alex and Blanka but it feels more or less right.

4 Likes

A note on G.

When you are playing someone who is better than you (outright) G lets them blow you up really fucking fast, which can create the illusion that the character is pulling a lot of the weight. But in reality, if the skill levels are more even, the momentum will never swing that violently (most of the time).

Edit:

Or as @DevilJin_01 said… win more.

1 Like

Yes that is definitely an amazing job for Capcom matching the costume with the right character that used disguises.

He starts as a Komuso and then turn into a Ninja

It’s base on this

Source

https://web-japan.org/museum/others/ninja/ninja01/ninja02.html

4 Likes

explain this shit to me

Pretty sure her backdash has low invincibility, not anywhere near matching the animation. That exact scenario has happened to me so many times with Juri.

You can delay a grab to catch the non airborne frames of backdash. Common knowledge pressure tool grappler players use

1 Like

It’s called Juri’s Law. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

4 Likes

that’s the same for every char not just Juri

1 Like

I put input display for a reason, there’s no fucking delay there. or at least I don’t see it.

He definitely delayed it. Even if it wasn’t purposely delayed it was definitely delayed timing.

He couldnt get real oki off of that scenario any ways so he went for delayed grab after you were clearly into the later part of your backdash.

Its more relevant with grapplers as their command grabs have the range to catch the later parts of your backdash. Every Gief player has that setup in their back pocket. That or early air spd to catch the early airborne frames

Everyone except for one character. For that, refer to Rashid’s law.

Just played 3 hours of Sekiro. Jesus the game is fucking good.

Blows all dark souls games, bloodborne and Nioh out of the water.

Love the combat/gameplay so much.

9 Likes

Mike2stronk hits me with them delayed command grabs with fucking finesse. Shit makes me salty.

2 Likes

I’m so ready to start it

1 Like

I know a streamer whos been freaking out about it so hopefully it’s as good as hyped

1 Like

List is trash, Sak/Gief/Blanka/Abigail are way too low, Nash/Dhalsim/Laura/Bison are way too high.

That’s what I wanna hear I pre-ordered a copy.
Been needing something to scratch that soulsborne itch.

1 Like

Yeah taking a closer look i realized it was trash. I just looked for akuma towards the top and vega at the bottom and called it a day lol.

No time for a super in detail response but. On Zeku, Kolin, and Karin, I really disagree.

Zeku is the one I’m least confident on, the gaps in that character’s game are fairly apparent. But we disagree on the strength of his vtrigger especially.

Kolin I actually think is underrepresented right now. CJ getting top 8 I take as confirmation of what I personally already thought, that this character is ridiculous and we’re going to see way more of her as the season goes on.

Karin I would agree on a lack of data justifying the spot if not for Johnny. I think her weaknesses this season are overstated.

Boxer I won’t lie, it’s entirely on Brian - but that’s my opinion because I think he could have taken the character even further. His loss, imo, was an upset, a fluke even. I definitely don’t think he belongs at the top but I do think he’s close, just underrepresented in players right now.

MOV almost got top 8 twice. I think he will take the character further in the future. I think the character is better now than she seems

Im not gonna go on my downplay crusade again, you know my opinion on menat by now. But tbh I think the bigger disagreement is that I actually think cody,g,abi are better than you do and that tier isn’t particularly low to me. Frankly I know little about Falke. If you think she belongs higher I might take your word on it

Guile, i dunno. I think it was hifight who showed at some point that every character had won a local except guile, and he’s still getting no good results. I suspect that some universal changes have hurt him badly.

Kage has tools, but imo, they are too flawed and his gameplan is too vanilla. But i still thought abt putting him with juri. I go back and forth on this. My problem is even the best online kages seem to surf on fake stuff