SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

How unimaginative.

There’s always a bigger hammer.

Something about the phrasing of this sentence cracks me up. Not that I necessarily disagree.

“All you need to do to reign him in is cut his legs off at the hips, easy peasy be done by lunchtime.”

2 Likes

Nerds are super easy if you don’t care about the character.

And this is Rashid? Do we really care?

I think I am at a point in my life where even reading it as a clear joke I can’t stand the thought and I go into a blinding rage.
Damn fuck this game has issues.

Nerf hammer on rashid isnt enough but buff ibuki? i gotta admit that’s some funny shit.
How i see it there isnt a single char that in a class of their own.
S tier: Rashid, Bison, Ibuki, Karin.
Menat/Kolin/Birdie could be S, or right below, give or take a matchup.

After playing Laura through S2 into S3 I honestly empathize a bit.

However it is also Rashid, who is a pain in the ass and has a high % of toolbags playing him randomly online.

So I probably wouldn’t lose a ton of sleep over it. :wink:

Plus even if they did chop his legs off his torso would probably still wall jump out of the corner and fuck me up with his VT3 that gives him wind legs.

1 Like

FYI, buffing Ibuki was a joke.

When peeps don’t put Mika or Birdie in S tier.

Nah, Mika aint s tier, too many bad matchups.
The ultimate crime was that i forgot to put akuma in there.

Also menat probably has the shittiest matchups of the top tiers. Its either overwhelmingly in her favor or she gets stomped. Feels like she barely has even matchups.

Think the closest this game has come to S tier nonsense was patch 2.0 Urien/Balrog. Don’t know that people here have felt the true oppressing forces of 3S Chun/Yun. We definitely don’t have any Hyubal Vega nonsense either.

It’d be kind of interesting to see which was the most brutal of the characters when they were at their worst. Probably still season 1 mika, since she got the party started without needing a damn meter for anything.

Yeah, that’s probably the closest thing we got to it now that I think about it.

1 Like

I agree she has terrible matchups like Mika, but she stomps most and invalidates a few. But that’s why i wouldnt put her in s tier.

Ibuki does not need buffs lol.

Karin, Ibuki, and Rashid all need real nerfs, seeing as how they have been top tier for like 2+ years now.

1 Like

Mika only really loses to gief, Karin, blanka, rashid and birdie. She gets to go ham on pretty much everybody else.

No where near terrible.

Edit

Rashid is like FANG. He’ll either be top tier or bottom tier.

Karin and Ibuki are fine. They are good, strong, have certain levels of scummy but not overwhelming. OTOH, a lot of the cast is still kind of limp wristed in terms of tools. But this is what happens when you forsake letting people play midscreen for hoping everybody would get some snowbally offense instead.

3 Likes

I did say Birdie could be s tier. Mika’s top tier for sure, just wouldnt put her in S. S tier char tend to be walls or have great matchup spread and complete toolset. Mika’s relies a little more on gimmicks than the top tier. You could play rashid with just fundamentals and he’d still be strong. I’m reminded of how Punk destroyed a mika player earlier this year, who used a lot of gimmicks to play the neutral, but he just exposed him because he knew how to deal with it. Also Fuudo having to rely on Birdie.

Before you guys go on further with this convo, you should probably drop a baseline for whose power level you feel is in the right place. Kind of hard to say who is too strong if there’s no baseline to it.

I mean I generally agree with what you’re saying, but I’m sick as fuck of watching these characters. Karin and Ibuki are fine imo, but Rashid needs to fucking go. Characters is literally all the worst aspects of the game in one package.

Mika doesn’t have to rely on gimmicks. She has amazing buttons, shits out oki, you’re fucked in the corner and great triggers. Even her bad matchups you’re always one touch or grab from a YouTube highlight reel comeback.

Karin sucks for Mika. Probably her worst matchup.

Karin’s been strong throughout the seasons because she’s well designed, and her main weakness can be played around (even though doing so is a pain in the ass online). Not sure why anyone would nerf that, she plays like a solid oldschool SF character with kinda eh AAs.

2 Likes