SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

The reason I hadn’t messed around with Stomp Pressure is because I had only touched Kage for 15 mins prior to the set and I had played Ryu prior so some of his tendencies were coming out when I was finally knocking away Ed’s tendencies.

As for the mashing, I do that a bit in general but with a new character it’s more to see what could and couldn’t work in certain situations. Trying to figure out where c.LP can reach for punish potential and where to fit it in.

Idk, maybe tonight I’ll try both Kage and Ryu, see which one ultimately fits me the most. I haven’t really messed with S4 Ryu yet.

St mp is +1. If you have a 3 frame just jab whenever a ryu meaties you with that button.

Fucking laggy Canadian Necallis.

:angry:

I could’ve sworn they changed that to +3.

5 frames, +1.

Bleh. Fuck that button then.

I blacklist any laggy Necalli. Dealing with laggy trigger dashes just isn’t worth it.

… I am doomed. :sob:

1 Like

Why doesn’t necalli see much play anymore? And also I see people say he’s boring and one dimensional. I guess get the boring part but not the other

Both boring and other characters do what he does better.

Unless his toolkit specifically fits what you want in a character, there’s no reason to play him.

1 Like

I legit keep forgetting that Necalli is in the game.

He is one of the least impressive characters I’ve ever encountered. As in, fails to make an impression. I give him extra points for being forgettable when he clearly was supposed to be a face for the game (if not “the face”) but still fades super far into the background.

8 Likes

You probably noticed that ryu players love to use it. It’s a good pressure button outside your 3 frame range. But the main reason is that it has 3 active frames, which makes it an easy meatie, trouble is he cant do anything after (unless he uses st lk), and they’re hoping that you dont know it’s frame data. Another thing is he got a tick throw off his st lp, a buff in s3 and it frametraps into st mp. The better ryu’s will always meaty you with the st lp.

Pretty much. I hate that all of his moves are just like very “stock”.

Like if you made a create a character and they have

• a fireball

• a dp

• a stompy move for pressure

• a command grab

• a dive kick

• a charge based move that closes the gap and goes through fireballs

The problem being that all of those moves can be interesting or done in their own way like they are with characters like Menat, Falke, Ed, G and so on, but with Necalli they just straightforward do what you expect each of those moves to do and that’s it.

Like if SF6 has a create a character mode, you could just create Necalli.

2 Likes

doesnt he still has his aa jab?

I rarely ever wanna brag about bodying somebody with my super plat ass, but this Abigail got worked hard for his teabagging.

Ended the combo with stance switch too.

10/10 would wreck again.

2 Likes

That’s why I brought it up because in the early days you could hardly watch a tournament without seeing a necalli somewhere. And yeah he’s definitely forgettable, to supposed to the bad guy something about him is just not as menacing as it should be.

There is no perfect game.

If I should quit games just because they have some flaws,I wouldn’t be playing anything.

You played SF4, you can’t tell me that game had no flaws,come on.

1 Like

In the early days he also played a little more to the meta and was pretty cheap because he was a command grab character with a meterless DP. It allowed him to do dumb ass mix ups that a command grab character shouldn’t be able to do (Seth style get DP’d if you jump, take command grab if you don’t BS) while having an infinite trigger.

Now with the meta changes and changes to the character he’s more just a lesser version of other characters with no real variety to how you use his tools.

That’s why he works for Jyobin though. Jyobin always finds a way to take the most boring run of the mill character in a game and make them nutty as hell and work for him. Forces a very weird psychological thing where the straightforward character suddenly becomes super gimmicky.

3 Likes

Yeah I think he got hit with a weird Ryu syndrome.

They wanted to make him the SFV “everyman” char and you can see it in all his attacks - specials, normals, whatever. Its all fine but bland as shit.

I think the other problem is that they didn’t quite connect the dots for making him feel like a savage motherfucker. If he really felt like he was smacking people around and ripping and tearing that would at least give him a bit of flair. They definitely tried but something with the animations and hit stop on his moves makes even CC hits feel flat.

4 Likes

That’s the thing. Even with Ryu I feel like what he does even though it’s basic, stands out better. Especially now that he has donkey kick which adds a bit to his tool variety

Have you played ST or Marvel 2?

If so then stop blaspheming the Gawds.

Since I constantly shit on IV for all this flaws and bad points, I don’t think I have to repeat myself.

Ryu is “exemplar karate man” so he can have that element of style.

He’s actually a perfect counter-example, just in the CCs. Efficacy aside when he karate punches or kicks you in the face it seems like it hurts.

Necalli should look like he is smashing whatever he hits but his st.HK is the most boring YMCA side kick I’ve seen in a fighting game in a long time.

3 Likes