SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Yeah, it says he was last seen an hr ago.

Looks like he’s good.

1 Like

Yes, he was a cool and chill dude.

Hopefully he’s just felt hes done what hes needed here and keeps us in good faith. He said Papa delivers and he will

I don’t think characters like G can win majors without things falling their way, they can pull a win out of their ass vs high level opponents, but I’m just not sold on that working against 4-5 top end players.

It never really worked for Abel, I can’t see it working on G. These dudes are just too good at avoiding bullshit.

3 Likes

Definitely. It’s a similar situation to SFIV where Gustavos archetype will remove him from major wins, but at least he’ll be able to stay relevant with a character that fits his style

1 Like

NRS games. lol.

Unsafe cheap isn’t even cheap…the definition of cheap is shit that is too good for too little skill or something of that nature.

“Cheap” and “mixup” aren’t the same thing. Not even close.

This is why pokes can be cheap and strategies can be cheap as well and neither is a mixup.

Cheapest move in this game currently is Karin’s cr.mk.

People don’t realize she is the reincarnation of 3s Chun. Oh but now that I’ve said it they will.

In before people start understanding how crazy young zekus st.hp is… oh wait, yeah I said that too.

There are other moves as well, but most are known. Most slept on button in this game right now is probably Sagats st.hk. It’s a DP versus any standing poke. And fighting gat without standing pokes is a helluva thing.

4 Likes

It’s going to get cheap. LOL. It always does.

Apparently one of the tweets said the combo isn’t real and you can use the juggle fall mechanic to drop out of it.

Depends , EX kunai is pretty cheap, but it can be unsafe in the right read.

Sagats st HK is good, but I wouldn’t put it in the top 5, probably not even in the top 10.

Since anyone with a crouching cancel will blow it up.

Crouch cancel and if you walk in Sagat’s s.HK is whiff punishable on reaction by a lot of longer ranged standing buttons (Ibuki’s s.HK or s.HP are examples). If you keep her at tiger shot range you’re good, but once you let her get inside tiger shot range RIP if you whiff and she’s ready. Once Ibuki gets VT2 you’re not whiffing it without taking reaction shuriken punish also.

Falke of course is one of the easy characters that can poke back against or or whiff punish if close enough with the reaction.

1 Like

I’d say in no particular order some of the best buttons in the game are -

Rashid cr.hp ( surprise) and cr.lk
Akuma - st.mk
Birdie - St.mp and sweep
Karin - cr.mk and st.lk

Basically buttons that do lots of things whilst being really good and not getting punished. Rashids is a bit of an outlier , but it’s just so good I can’t leave it off.

4 Likes

Akuma’s MK became even better after S4 changes.
Now you have safeish buffer into fireball. You can see that even Tokido is using it way more. Previously he only used MK into LK Tatsu.

1 Like

And… type arcade lagging even against the CPU.

3 Likes

That’s just the new balance patch to nerf Gief so that people can react to SPD startup and jump to safety.

BUSTED BUTTONS (sorta)

Birdie s.hp

Kolin s.hp, b.hk, s.lk

Cammy s.hp, c.HP VTC

Chun s.hp, c.mp and s.hk

Ibuki V Skill and s.hk

Menat s.mp

Boxer s.hk, his lp dash punch is basically an OD normal

Fang sweep, c.mp, s.hp

G c.mp , c.hp

Guile c.mk, b.hp

Juri s.mk

Bison anything

Sakura s.lk , s.hk

Gief s.mp

Urien s.hp, charged s.hp, c.mp, c.mk

Y.Zeku s.hp, sweep

5 Likes

I really don’t think that move has the necessary frame data to be considered one of the best normals in the game even if you can low profile through a lot of stuff with it. It’s basically a worse version of Dhalsim’s slide which in itself isn’t even that great.

I was going to mention that with VTC its for sure one of the best normals in the game, but the utility even outside of VTC for her archetype and walk speed is crazy

It has its uses certainly but I really don’t think it should be put in the same list as Ibuki’s V-Skill. With V-Trigger it’s pretty dangerous, sure.

1 Like

With VTC its Ibuki V Skill worthy no doubt and even outside id still do it just for sheer utility in a ton of situations with that walk speed

Like Cammys c.hp is ehhh until she gets VTC but then with VTC it becomes another button that hurts Highland’s soul. Chun c.mp can just use for so many things and the kitchen sink before trigger and then VTC well Chris G had a whole video on it

Something to brighten up everyone’s morning~

2 Likes