SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

That’s why he took all of his frustration out on the decrepit Gen.

Scumbag.

3 Likes

He’s like 7th or 8th best. Like playable, but if they were to do double elim tourneys in Japan he’d almost never win. Top 6 are just that much better. Biggest thing that holds him back is (outside of health/stun being crazy low) is that all of his supers have large bars and he can’t use EX moves. Meaning he has to wait longer to burn meter than the top 6. He can’t just crash through the neutral and dump damage with short amounts of meter like the higher ups.

1 Like

There is still that specter of “theory Akuma” where if a player ever levels up enough he has the tools to be better. Kinda like theory Remy.

I don’t really put much stock in that kind of thing, but I do recall theory T Hawk in ST eventually becoming a reality.

Kuroda’s Akuma was probably closest to theory Akuma, but it’s just not practical overall especially in a US tournament setting. Theory Akuma would get some nice rounds in in Coop Cup, but yeah.

Those 6 would be Chun, Twins, Koto, Ken and?
Dudley?

SHIKI is in SamSho btw

Yup. That’s what the game really is a tournament setting. Everything else is just what gets good rounds in Coop Cup. Maybe a slight nod to Ultra Theory Urien, but reality Urien not so much.

Just stealing Gen’s swag.

To add to the “theory character” discussion, I suppose you also have to compare them to the “theory version” of other characters. If someone can get really good a T Hawk, another person could be equally good at Boxer.

both of them can see Gouken

in SFV

Gouken is with Ryu again

Summary

2 Likes

I ain’t arguing the retcon didn’t happen.

I am arguing that it was stupid and that they should ret-retcon it.

Oro is also a good guy now. That’s also boring.

I always thought Oro’s personality was the same trope of characters like Happosai (minus being a perv) from Ranma or Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Did I mention Shiki being in SamSho?

1 Like

I’m not saying he was super interesting. SF is filled with anime tropes.

But in SF3 his morality was extremely ambiguous. This lent an air of mystery to what his ultimate intentions were, especially since he could lay out Akuma. His gameplay only ever gave you brief glimpses into his power, which also lended to the air of mystery and intimidation.

Also, he was yellow-green and ugly. So a real Brazilian.

Knowing Capcom SF3 is going to be retconned in it’s entirety or we are never going to progress past that game.

I don’t care that they retconned things.

My issue is the retcons are often to makes things more generic, rather than more interesting.

A counter example, Dudley could use a retcon to his motivation. That character is awesome, but “dude where’s my car” is a shitty reason to show up to kick ass.

He basically is Happosai. He asks Ibuki out on a date during the mid boss fight in 3S. Old men have to be pervy and put women in front of business.

1 Like

From a lore perspective Gouken was bodying Akuma consistrntlu like Daigo with prep time bodies people in a F10. Salty Gouki comes back and finally edges out his brother and “kills him” thanks to Shun Goku Satsu.

4 Likes

this weeks kombat kast starts in 3 minutes :coffee:

3 Likes

Watching it

1 Like

Exactly, that’s a great bit of plot to work with. Akuma isn’t even the true master! Ryu could achieve power if he gives in. It’s generic, but good stuff.

Reviving Gouken kills that plot line. It’s just another pair of shonen protagonists who want to fight strong guys.

I think it’s just a thing that most of the black characters in SF just have really stupid reasons to fight. Like Capcom always just figures that you know black people like to fight so that’s good enough.

Although I do like how he’s a black guy that’s into antiques and fine things and not the typical yo yo i dance or play basketball BS. Even Sean is playing basketball.

2 Likes