SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Ken lacks the agility and projectile game of Ryu. That he needs to be more in close range to be in advantage.

While Akuma has numerous tools, that’s why if an update in him in the future is that he needs to stay on air to throw viable plasma from both offensive and defensive situation that change would make him play different from both characters, because he would lose options that the two(Ken and Ryu) usually does.

I think Tokido was the best ryu player in s1. Even Daigo pretty much said such last year.

3 Likes

Add Gouken, don’t make Ryu like Gouken.

And nerf Akuma,don’t need to come up with crazy theories.Just nerf the fucker.

3 Likes

Tokido plays more tech heavy and exploitive so his Ryu was going to surpass Daigos. SFV Ryu is more meant to engage and counter play which also fits Tokidos style more than Daigos. Guile finally gave Daigo a strong papercut character

4 Likes

Gouken is dead.

SF4 was just a wierd fever dream Ryu had brought on by not showering for 30 years.

The problem with Akuma is his toolset. That’s why nerfing him has typically been pretty ineffective. You’d have to nerf him to the point where he was just bad, and at that point why keep the character.

That’s kind of why I asked if akuma has ever been bad earlier. Seems all his tools would make him at least decent no matter what. Kind of like guile is gonna be pretty decent no matter what.

Also something i think peeps are forgetting. Akuma was developed in mind with 875 health and at a time where damage scaling was higher. With that health you have to be much better than everyone else, especially ryu.

Akuma was developed in ST with completely normal health and the bullshit turned up to over 9,000.

Edit: you mean SFV. My point still stands.

Nope he’s alive and well in SFV. Which means he must of bopped Akuma again.

4 Likes

Shiki finally being in a real 2D plane SamSho is nice. She was in 2 crossovers (SNK vs Capcom, NGBC) but never in a mainline 2d game.

Akuma was not top tier in CvS2 and 3S.

:thinking:

1 Like

Nah, i think he was straight up busted in ssf2. In sf5 he’s more tame relatively speaking, ground stomp and ex demon flip (slide) used to be plus on block which was fucked, but they removed that.

Or Ryu still hasn’t showered.

He was pretty close to the top in 3s

Also Shiki is gonna be in SamSho

The problem with Akuma in SFV is that he got a lot of choices to keep up so losing his option and play style that are similar to others would force someone that are took advantages of his several utility to pick another character that has a relevant similar play-style options.

ST was was a quick fix of Super that was rushed to compete with the release of MK. Akuma might be added for the sake of something new and to give a esoteric vibe in the game after some of the MK fatalities and Shenglong stuff. That was the 90s

So probably ST Akuma wasn’t expected to be seen played often and the game environment wasn’t designed with that thought in mind. In other words Akuma was rushed and just a gimmick that was not properly implemented.

Point is demon flip (expecially EX) is cancer.

Also Shiki is in SamSho.

@ZioSerpe

I just watched the new SamSho trailer, and it looked like this Shiki character was in it?

I don’t know who that is, but I figured you would like to know.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was referencing the SF4 endings. The original SF4 endings interconnected. Gouken and Akuma’s endings had them fighting over an unconscious Ryu. Gouken showing up training with Ryu in SFV means Akuma lost. He can’t seem to beat his older brother without his Shun Goku Satsu hacks. Which makes since from a lore stand point. Akuma’s endings are usually him developing a deadly non-SGS based techniques.

2 Likes

From a lore perspective Akuma killed Gouken dead. This was one of the motivations for Ryu/Ken.

When SF4 retconned it they turned Ryu in to the stupid hobo we joke about.

Gouken blocks Akuma’s raging demon like a boss.

The old man is pure awesome.

3 Likes