SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Agreed.

But fr i was being a dick my bad

Good.

I hope you learned your lesson.

:slight_smile:

Akuma plays Ryu’s game with a superior end product. Ie VT1/2. I can’t think of any one thing that Ryu does that Akuma can’t do. Cr.Mk Fireball, check, Hadoken (Opponent jumps) SRK, check. Footsies? Akuma definitely has the advantage. AAs? Akuma. Akuma bests Ryu in ALL regards.

1 Like

SFxT is the only game where I can remember him being bad.

In 3S he was not top tier because his health and stun were pushed super low.

1 Like

You’re the first person ive seen make Maravilla clap back. You brought the SRK out of him

1 Like

I can think of something!
being low tier!

1 Like

It’s how we show love here.

And yeah i just want akuma at paper mache seth tier health. Kill that boy in 2-3 combos type shit.

destroy Akuma ground plasma game so he would be force not to stay on the ground would make Ryu as a relevant pick.

@Maravilla

Remember @Vhozite is a Vega main. He’s desperate to win at something.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmaoooo yes tis why i wake up super whenever possible

1 Like

Yes sir, lesson learned.

… I know…

Random silly thought:

You could let Ken be the new shoto, like I suggested.

Since Ryu is moving to master his martial art, you could move his moveset closer to Gouken. Incorporate the parry and angled fireballs.

The Oro could drop a moon on Akuma. At least that’s a cool way to go out.

I think the reason why one would pick ryu over akuma isnt because he’s stronger but allow you to more effectively play a different style and give you tools that you prefer using (parry, solar plexus strike, faster/slower fireballs, mid range dash) ryu’s parry can also net you great rewards in some matchups, etc, Urien. And lastly greater health.

Ryu being Gouken like move isn’t really on the direction because Ryu was the familiar and default character.

Gouken doesn’t play as a default character, or someone would be easily familiar with that recently pick up the game or someone from another FG titles.

Oro is likely to teach Ryu new tricks in managing his Ki which Oro is specialty. Like Homing Hadoukens etc.

For clone situation of gameplay Ken already had differs from the likes of Ryu and Akuma.

What’s left was just Ryu and Akuma.

As much as a scrub that I am, I LOVE using parry. I think it just makes the character (and game) funner for me. It just feels badass when they throw a fb at you and you parry that almost on reaction. However that parry has been the reason I lose a match many a times.

I guess I don’t think Ryu and Ken differ enough.

Even without Akuma, most people would just say Ken is the better shoto and continue ignoring Ryu.

For most of SF4 It was the opposite with Ken ignored in favor of Ryu.

Again, not claiming either is bad or not different, just that they are so similiar they step on each other’s space. My hope is that by pushing them farther apart, you can let them be even better at what they do, because you wouldn’t have to worry about the “invalidation” problem as much.

I am also very aware that despite any of this, SF6 will still have Ryu, Ken, and Akuma like always.

You should check out mdz jimmy, he makes very effective use of his parry and even developed some option select when it comes to countering with v reversals. He has some tutorials on those.

5 Likes

You know I was watching tokido vs Daigo yesterday at Evo 2016 because someone brought up the concentration side of sfv so I YouTubed it and tokido was able to win the set because of how he got more ex bars because he parried a lot while Daigo didn’t even once I believe.

1 Like

So a new samsho trailer is out…
… Ukyo… Cool… Tam Tam… Fuck that… That kabuki guy I never remember exists… Yoshitora? Really?..
SHIKI IS IN
SHIKI IS FUCKING IN
SHIKI IS IN A REAL SAMSHO. SHIKI IS IN
SHIKI
SHIKI SHIKI!

Edit: it was Kyoshiro, I never remember his name because I think about Kabuki from far east of eden