SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

As I think about it, even if you took away all of Akuma’s extra tools, and only left him with fireball, uppercut, and Tatsu.

He’s Ryu with better walkspeed, more damage, better normals, and a better V Trigger.

1 Like

Don’t change the subject nigga you are 100% in the wrong here. You’re literally arguing against a point i never made in any post.

Acknowledge your L like a man.

Vhozite with the forum VT pop into corner carry into throw loops.

:sweat_drops: :sweat_drops: :sweat_drops:

6 Likes

@Vhozite VT is almost as shitty as his main’s (Vega).

At least mine helps with my problem matchups.

The next time Akuma is added in future SF. He should entirely lose his ground generic Hadouken to make him different from Ryu but still retains his Shakunetsu Hadouken to compensate.

So he cannot play like Ryu or Ken in the ground.

Not all of us are as blessed with good VT’s

This goes back to my earlier suggestion.

Make Ken the only shoto.

Sagat already owns fireball/uppercut so Ryu is meh, let Ken own midrange shoto footsies.

Don’t bother with Akuma.

2 Likes

I dont think it’s that simple. There are differences, best way to describe is that you can get greater rewards playing ryu more wild and offense, whereas akuma’s all about control and precise spacing.
Some of the differences, Ryu’s got a farther reaching dash. The utility of mid ranged moves like solar plexus (compared to ground stomp) is very different, ryu’s back roundhouse is cancelable. Ryu has your typical fast recovery mk poke which akuma lacks. Faster and slower fireballs, and a ex version that gets you oki. Ryu has a 4 frame normal with longer reach,Lastly ryu’s parry is different to akuma’s in function and execution.

That was also my thoughts before Akuma’s revealed in S2 in the Akuma thread.

As for Ken, SFV Ken is already unique.

What’s left is mostly Ryu and Akuma. That Akuma can play like Ryu in someway.

Removing Akuma’s projectile-game in the ground makes other need to choose Ryu.

Idk didn’t they already do that with Kage?

2 Likes

Kage got stomps and a better crmk to compensate. His fire hitbox is also pretty thicc.

We’ve seen how strong it looks in theory and then how weak a fireballess shoto is in execution. They need to be able to dictate the midrange but have terrible normals in V.

1 Like

You are totally correct. My post was hyperbole.

My point was that you wind up looking a lot at small nuances to find advantages for Ryu. And the reality is that Akuma does have lots of other tools on top of that.

To clarify, I’m not saying Ryu is bad.

I think the no firball idea could work in theory, just not with SFV shoto t-rex normals.

If we are gonna go the no traditional fb route with Akuma he should get back normal and back jump air fb.

Kage is Evil Ryu without Ryu’s projectile game.

But Kage doesn’t have Akuma advantage.

It would be interesting to see that Akuma would be restricted stay on air to engage and keep up with a projectile war in the latter SF since he is doing that in the previous SF.

So what they need to ditch is Akuma’s generic plasma so Ryu would be relevant choice in future titles.

I’m very okay with no jump back air FB…

Akuma is a balance problem given form. He’s designed from his basic level to be a super shoto, so he wil always be dumb. I’m good to just let Akuma die. Oro can kill him, and we can go back to Oro being ambiguously good/evil.

I mean yeah i agree Akuma can skip the next game. You just don’t want to repeat a 3S situation where people don’t like their legacy characters being omitted.

Akuma is probably top 5, if not top 3, popularity wise and i think he’s been in every mainline entry. Chances of him missing a game are low.

The thing is it’s entirely impossible to make Akuma dead I’m myself is okay that Akuma is replace by Oni being taken over by SNH, but Akuma is the most requested character so we need to deal with it.

Removing his ground projectile game makes him not anymore a super shoto, because that is the essence of his shoto like gameplay.

Keeping his Shakunetsu Hadouken is okay but make it slower it still make him visually look super shoto but doesn’t play like one anymore.

Just spent 2 hours in training mode with Ken

1st
I thought he had more combos

2nd
that low forward is so easy to 1hit confirm even I can do it.

My point was they play DIFFERENT, which they do, but since you want me to acknowledge I was “wrong”, ok, im giving you an early Christmas my young adrenaline full brother.

GUYS I WAS WRONG, MY MAIN MANS VHOZITE WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG. VHOZITE IS THE BEST, HIS CONFIRMS ARE THE BEST, HIS MUSCLES ARE THE BEST! MY MAIN MANS VHOZITE IS REALER THAN REAL DEAL HOLYFIELD! RESPECT!

1 Like

Has akuma ever been bad? I wanna say in one of the sf4 versions he wasn’t that great.