SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Shotos ultimately play the ground the same way, have the same conversion paths, and they’re data pans out pretty samey.

So it’s whoever gets the best data and walkspeed that wins the day normally. Ken has a slightly better throw game and corner carry than Akuma, but Ryu loses on all fronts.

5 Likes

I mean I just told you how all three of them have different play styles yet you say Akuma “invalidates”, muthafaka he invalidates shit lmao, like you wanna tier whore then yea pick him, you wanna pick a character you like? Then pick that also.

Ryu was dead as soon as they added Akuma to the roster.

He was buried when Sagat came out (not a true shoto, but he owns the “fireball/uppercut” gameplan).

4 Likes

Bb…bbu…but there gi’s are different colors so it’s all preference!

Dumb no avatar having ass nigga

Lol Ryu not being able to do as much as Akuma, specifically on offense, does not make his playstyle different when Akuma is capable of doing the same stuf Ryu does. It just makes Ryu and inferior copy.

What exalty is he doing that Akuma can’t? Some cute parries and firballs with slightly different speeds?

Their playstles are only different in that the weaker 2 lack his versatility.

Stop with the vague statements and figures of speech where the details at my nig?

“What exactly is he doing Akuma can’t”, NOBODY is saying he’s doing Akuma style shit. That’s the point.

Ryu has a longer crmk by like 0.02 units or something. But Akuma walks faster and his is -1 on block so you can frame trap from the damn thing.

Also Ryus S4 fireball buff still doesn’t make his fireball game better than Akumas because Akumas fireball knockdown is way too good that the frame data and speed doesn’t matter enough.

Ryu is literally just a worse Akuma, Highland can tell you more than me.

Ryus biggest pro is supposed to be his fireballs, but they’re not good enough to compete with a knockdown fireball. EX Hado is unga, but meh.

2 Likes

Is English your second language? Because that is not what i said at all.

Obviously he isn’t doing Akuma’s thing he fucking can’t lol. The point is that Akuma can do his style and more.

Do not reply to me again without putting my post through Google translate first.

I literally quoted what you wrote. Since Akuma is the far better character he has more tools, Ryu can’t play the same way Akuma can, entiendey? Comprendey?

This issue is the opposite.

Akuma can do ryu stuff… and then some.

Lol that’s what we are telling you!

You’re the one who jumped in trying to argue otherwise.

Their styles are less “different” and more “inferior copies of Akuma”. That’s all we are saying nobody gives a fuck about your hot takes on preference.

I never said Akuma can’t do what Ryu can, I SAID that doesn’t mean they play the same. I KNOW Akuma can do more stuff, that doesn’t mean they “play the same”, that’s all I’m saying my young easily upset brothers.

I’m not trying to be a jerk, but that doesn’t seem to make sense?

You say Akuma can do Ryu stuff, but they don’t play the same? That is literally agreeing Akuma can enforce Ryu gameplan if he needs to.

Akuma only plays “different” because he can do what Ryu does on top of other things.

Except take a punch. Akuma is a bitch.

1 Like

Akuma can play the same as them though, it’s just that doing that would be needlessly gimping himself when we can do that and more.

They are only different in that one is almost a direct upgrade to the other. So do you have a point other than them not being the literal same exact thing?

Yea basically Laura can command grab but she’s not mika. I’m just trying to explain to my young easily upset brother that they don’t play the same obviously. Yea Akuma can try to become ryu maybe not not the other way around, making his claim invalid, debunked, reject!

But as long as that’s true he does invalidate Ryu. That’s the point. Ryu has no point.

The grapplers are more different even and Mika does invalidate some of them.

Except i never claimed ryu could play like akuma lol. It was a rhetorical question because the answer was quite obvious.

Literally go read the post i never say that. In fact i claim just the opposite.

Also I guess it’s a good argument, it’s IMO, I respect everyone’s opinion, I’m enjoying the game until mk11 comes out, and even then I’ll still play sfv but not as much as mk11, though. You capcom guys are lucky, you have a game that still carries the fgc yet still expecting updates after 3 years (which WILL happen). Us MK guys only hope our game gets 3 years of updates. Unrelated but just wanted to end on a more positive note.

Nothing to be worried about.

NRS games get mad updates for a couple years.

I think akuma ryu matchup comes down to the ground, and Akuma can v skill palm punish ryu’s fireball startup up close on reaction. That alone tilts the matchup in akuma’s favour.