SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Yea striker sucks. NRS has some hits but he definitely goes in their bin of miss fire’s.

when is that in Britbong hours

That’s like half past 4th tea time.

I used to hate striker, but now I think he’s come full circle and is so lame it’s awesome.

His X-ray in MK9 and his gun stuff pretty much sold me.

“Police Brutality, coming up”

3 Likes

11:30pm

I usually see you on until at least 2 in the morning your time

I don’t know. Honestly unless you have something going on this weekend it might be better to save this for Saturday.

I have friends coming over Saturday

So stop running away from this learning opportunity >:c

Regarding Ryu i made a post a few days ago about him and other characters who want to play neutral and aren’t designed with robbery triggers.

They are always going to suck unless the neutral tools are overwhelming. Like Guile in s2-3 or Menat with her standing HP. Or they need to shit out low risk damage without needing to land jump ins or make wild guesses. Karin for example.

The game is too volatile for your game plan to be winning from single pokes/fireballs and anti airs

6 Likes

Yeah sure

I’m not running I’m tired as fuck after work. I’ve been playing allot less lately :C

i was thinking about this a while ago, as far as mid tiers go would it be fair to say Falke probably has the least bad match ups against top tiers?

She still has some horrible ones (balrog) but for the most part it feels like her kit kinda brings the match ups to a level of “ok” compared to other mid tier characters.

Winning is about being cheap. If it’s not cheap don’t try too hard to win with it. That’s tournaments.

Ryu didn’t win shit in IV after AE because they took away all his cheap and then like this game, had to settle dealing with other characters that counter his footsie/fireball placement. E.Ryu gave Ryu players the ability to play Ryu with actual cheap stuff. Similar to how Akuma in V also gives Ryu players the ability to shoto with cheap stuff.

2 Likes

Exactly.

There’s no reason to use Ryu when the villainous version is also in the game equipped with cheap tools too. Akuma is what if Ryu and Ken had a baby plus a ton of roids, so there’s no really a reason to suffer using plain Jane Ryu,at all.

1 Like

All the more reason to just have one shoto in SF6 rather than 4+

:slight_smile:

Akuma would need way lower health to make Ryu a viable pick. Right now Ryu eats two medium normals and he loses the only reason to pick him over Akuma.

Akuma, Ken, and Ryu are very different, they’re playstyle is very different, their gameplay is very different, their move sets and strategic approach are very different, nothing to do with each other.

3 Likes

And Akuma still invalidates Ryu and probably Ken what is your point lol?

The point is that in that case Akuma invalidates almost every character, why pick anyone else if we go by this logic? They’re shotos but different, so depends on what you prefer.

Lol no he does not stop being a hyperbolic idiot.

So we agree Akuma is stupid.

One down, 3+ more to go.

Serious face: I don’t disagree that all the shoto characters are different. But “very different”? Not so much. They are one step above smash brothers clones. SFV did more than pretty much any other game to make them less clone-y and they still step all over each others spots in the roster.

There’s a reason balance discussion around the clones is often framed with “best shoto”. No one is comparing Kolin to Bison that directly.