SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Ruy has the answer to Akuma’s air options. Parry is really great against f.FP and red fireball.
Ryu has more health/stun and hits like a truck. You don’t want to have your EX Dp blocked.
That is why I think it’s even.

A bit, but within the context of SFV it’s not too relevant especially when you’re fighting other characters that are designed around fair c.MK’s

Looking at this.

It’s about what Frost said. Akuma just has cheaper conversions on the ground, but it’s not a wash or anything. Ryu still can do his own control.

That’s the thing about the matchup. There’s 2 sides to the matchup

1. The more air heavy Akumas.

2. The more grounded Akumas like Tokido and XSK.

He has good options for the ones that wanna leap up in the air a lot, but once you face a top tier grounded Akuma it’s still a bit more of a struggle for Ryu.

That Ryu vs Akuma match, looked like Ryu outplayed Akuma the entire match and once Akuma activated trigger, he lost.

This pretty much defines SFV and the difference between a Top tier and a low / mid in most cases.

5 Likes

If you care for it, MK’s preorder beta is up

all of your outplays prior to VT activation don’t mean shit, you’ve effectively given them the gateway.

1 Like

I would still say it was mostly just the difference on the ground. V Trigger comeback only won like 2 rounds of the whole set. Lot of the time XSK ran out of trigger without doing anything crazy meaningful.

XSK is way better than the other guy.
Besides that, the Ruy player was hit by cr.MK into VT combo multiple times. And he did not defend against VT Akuma at all. To me it looked like XSK outplayed him.

1 Like

At least one tier over AMKidd as good as AM is. AM had some randomly blocked donkey kicks for whatever reason also.

1 Like

Tbh the biggest problems i saw in that Ryu’s gameplan is the jump ins. He kept jumping even though he got anti aired all the time and also jumped at Akuma while he had Akuma in the corner. Just why.

People under estimate Ryu in this game. He’s got more tools here than he’s ever had and he hits you like a godamn truck. I honestly don’t think there’s anyone on the roster that can do as much damage as him without meter. I can beat my friend’s Akuma pretty evenly if not often. The second he brings out his Ryu it’s game over for me. Ryu hits hard and he has higher priority over moves. I’d actually rather face Akuma than Ryu (Both over Ken’s Yolo).

Had this convo before but damage output is not equal to and barely as relevant as damage access.

3 Likes

So why does Karin convert from anything into high damage ?

1 Like

Before getting the Panthera, the Obsidian was my first choice, the design of it is sick. I had the chance to try it and I felt like I dodged a bullet, even being full Sanwa that stick felt cheap.

I’m starting to believe i’m the only hitbox player here.

To be fair, those cancels are not safe, so to really optimize you need some strong hit confirming skill.

That’s why punk is terrifying. His success rate at confirming cMK (and other single hits) into damage is crazy high.

Ryu’s fireball is good and sometimes he hurts. His big damage doesn’t happen often. He still has shit buttons, crap triggers and gets worked by the top tiers.

Lol at wanting to face Akuma over Ryu. Must be a Gief main or you’re full of shit.

1 Like

Rose totally confirmed again:

Summary

Gorilla hands and thicc thighs give her the raw power needed to launch nuclear strikes from every hit confirm option.

Also the power of having a mid hitting launcher into juggle from any button. JFT is crazy. One of best specials in game.

4 Likes

it’s alll in the lever for me, the Atrox/Panthera feels short and stiff to me, that’s why I now exclusively use the Obs

@Twinblades and @Frost you two gonna be around at 7:30pm EST or so