SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Most people don’t for some reason XP

Well… XBO controller has the best joysticks of the ones I’ve messed with?

Okay, time to run some games, who’s up for it?

Yeah I’m rocking the TE2 as well , the plastic is started to lift up around the buttons. Probably due to pure rage Honda slaps that come down it like a fury of thunder.

Could probably just glue it, but it’s 4 years old now.

The funniest part was that wasn’t even her only air invulnerable move.

That’s what I’ve been considering moving to next once mine dies, but I’ll need a new converter too at that point. Good thing they seem to have wired XBO controllers.

Though, my controller preference shifts between games a lot.

2D games like Street Fighter or Blazblue I use that 360 pad. Quarter-circles, half circles and DP motions just feel more natural to me on an analog stick.

Soul Calibur, I switched to using a PS4 pad, but using the D-pad for movement. Since precise diagonals for moves are more important (and most analog sticks nowadays don’t have the notches like the Gamecube controller does)

Tekken I used the Pokken Tournament pad (it not only works on Switch, it also works on PS4 and PC which is neat)

And of course GC for Smash

Thankfully all my controllers fit nicely into a small bag, which still saves me room compared to the space a stick would take up~

Same. I had an… episode… and punched it… the MK button popped out.

Thankfully it popped back in. I’m kinda holding until the new consoles. I expect things to be backwards compatible, but I don’t want to pay up until I’m sure.

I’ve been looking hard at a Hitbox. Even if only for the fun of learning something new.

1 Like

I don’t think you even need wired?

I’m not sure with PC, but one of the good things about XBO controller is that when you plug it in, it bypasses the wifi. Also, since they aren’t bluetooth like other pads… they don’t have the interference and lag issues.

Big downside, its an expensive controller.

If it’s built wired it guarantees fewer issues, at least that’s how I see it.

Plus I believe they’re cheaper that way

1 Like

@Saitsu

I’m making some noodles. I can play after. Shouldn’t be too long.

You should just glue all those bad boys together and make the ultimate Borg controller. :upside_down_face:

Hitbox is def the way especially for a shoto , DP game up 5000%

I’m too old, like Clint Eastwood, can’t change now.

2 Likes

Karin took me a long while to get used to. Her combos are funky and she kind of plays a different style than the rest of the cast. Back in S1 I was kind of clueless how to use her properly. Part of the reason was the meta wasn’t really figured out and I had a much easier time picking Necalli who was simple and had unga.

She’s pretty fun though once everything clicks and you get a handle on her. I enjoy playing a character that has somewhat of an execution barrier - to where I still miss confirms and drop combos from time to time.

2 Likes

I don’t get that reference I’m afraid

I like that she feels complete. She can move, and has some real buttons.

Also, not VT reliant. This is petty, but when I win game by activating VT… they feel hollow.

2 Likes

Shit now I want to see the movie where Eastwood learns to use a Hitbox.

If you’re still considering a replacement I’ve really enjoyed the Qanba Obsidian. Replaced my TE1 frankenstick with it and haven’t had any real complaints (only things I don’t like are very very minor and not related to game use).

1 Like

I cheaped out and bought one of those £70 venom sticks while the SFV betas were ongoing, but the buttons were fucking awful soft spongy things, so ended up swapping them for Sanwa ones (really easy to change), and once I had done that, I couldn’t tell any difference between that and my Q4 or TE sticks.

That lasted me about three years, but I screwed the cable, so ordered another, thinking I’d swap the buttons over again - but the later models seem great, felt no need to fuck about with anything.

Still want one of these though, years later. No idea how they operate, but hell, they look good.

1 Like

Yeah that’s another nice thing. You can win rounds without V trigger and have the added option of blowing v reversals if need be.

1 Like

You ever come across one of those Sagats… you shouldn’t have fucked with?

Well that’s @Highlandfireball

2 Likes

From Star Trek