SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

So, Capcom is saying… Rashid is weaker than intended?

7 Likes

nah it was VERY easy to get the point across against everyone but super scrubs after a few AA’s and mid rang normals to not attempt it again

Imagine if this was tekken and you moving around hitting them with normals blocking and the continue to run slide at you… but the run slide doesn’t just give them an in or the wall, it gives them that plus as much if not more damage than you’ve dealt to them running dead at you.

Jump in’s in sf4 weren’t as bad because the damage was decent but its the knockdown into vortex that was the real deal. But at least you have to do that 4-5 times instead or 2 or 3. Jump in’s in 3s weren’t even really scary unless it was well timed you could change your jump arc or into an empty low/throw.

Sooooooooooooo…

If I do a back throw to stun you with Zeku and I have super, the ensuing combo (along with the damage from the throw) does a total of 596 damage.

Stunned an Urien and left him at exactly half a bar, the combo literally drained half of his life and killed him.

Sucks to be him TBH.

1 Like

No, that trash started with SF4. Every other SF game you really have to land a jump in properly to combo afterwards.

The difference between SF4 and SF5 is that at least 4 had some decent anti air normals for a lot of the cast. The reward was kind of way better because you could set up unblockables backed by OSes that were likely to put your opponent back into the same set up.

I think it’s more the first part than the second.

Because you had to go deep to get a combo, a less extreme move could AA properly in those situations.

Also, to rephrase a little bit. In pre-SF4 there was more to it, after SF4 it’s basically jump yes/no.

Jump-ins like this I think work in something like SF x TK 2013 where the risk/reward was way better balanced

You had dumb damage combos off of them…but you also had dumb damage anti-airs. Jump 2-3 times and you’re probably dead, much as you’d be dead if you ate 2-3 jump-ins

You ain’t persuading someone to stop jumping in SFV nearly as much, unless your AA is super consistent

Funnily enough the deep/not deep jump-in idea kinda works on Abigail 'cause of how tall he is (hit him early so it’s harder for him to AA but then you probably can’t land and combo), but that’s about it

1 Like

The only time i feel rewarded for anti airing is when i crush counter with Juri’s cr hp and i juggle them into a free store + pinwheel followup.

Same with Vega s.hk.

Nothing more satisfying than dicking a nigga for 25% because he couldn’t sit his ass down.

YOU’VE BEEN ANTI-AIRED! Take 200+ damage and go to jail get shackled to the ground. Do not pass go or collect $200 dollars.

Air throwing someone back into the corner is another good one. Building the wall on these hoes.

5 Likes

Sounds like 2 bucks to me.

1 Like

In my experience that is exactly the perfect mind set to eat a whole pizza in one sitting.

I’m about there right now and only barely managed to talk myself out of pizza for dinner (into a pita + mozz sticks so it’s not like I did especially great).

Now Falke needs a camo skin so she can hide in the grass.

1 Like

The damage part of SFxT AAs I like, where they screwed up is using Head invul on all of them.

That’s something that works great in Anime games, but in SF it made all the AAs 100% unfuckwithable. The is part of what contributes to so much of SFxT being nothing because almost any offensive action you could take was EASILY exploded.

Actual screenshot of Dhalsim’s VT 1 on the new stage.

18 Likes

Not all of them. Abel’s only his elbow was air invincible and would trade or lose if you didn’t do it early enough, for example. Heihachi’s stmk had his leg air invincible but it didn’t juggle properly unless it hit at the knee. Only Ibuki and Cody bmp felt like truly unbeatable AAs since they didn’t just have part of a limb invincible, they were completely upper-body invincible (which meant you could also use them for counter-poking certain high attacks).

I think it only got really silly when it was ones like Law’s flip kick which was fully air invincible, covered cross-ups and was stupid fast.

1 Like

I though you didn’t believe that the wall should count?

:slight_smile:

Law is the ultimate example, but almost none of the Tekken AAs would trade ever, so getting put in a spot where you could AA was basically impossible. Since that game also had auto-canceling on all normals it was really tough to justify doing… anything most times.

The problem was that the jump ins had stupid hit boxes in that game and a bunch of the cast didn’t have AA looking normals, so the solution was just to use head invul.

By solution, I mean fixing Vanilla problem where most of the cast couldn’t AA.

I remember before 2013 Tekken characters had booty AA. Which meant they pretty much required the SF characters to play neutral for them.

And most of them couldn’t AA reliably either. And lots of the Tekken jumps were 3S shallow.

I like SFxT 2013, but the vanilla version of that game was pants.

That said, I’m still Salty about them nerfing asuka because Capcom are idiots.

1 Like

It’s the one game post 3rd Strike where Ibuki isn’t high tier in also. Not cool.

1 Like

But neither is Akuma.

You win some you lose some.