SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

mk forum fixed, usf4 next :coffee:

Fixed how?

The Tekken discussion got me thinking about how SFV handles its frame data and how the visual look/feel doesn’t really match up right to how + or - a move is

Like Ed’s stmk, everyone presses something after that 'cause it looks and feels like your standard -2 poke, but it’s actually +2. Guile’s sthp looks like it’s + on block, but it’s actually -4. Mika’s stmp recovers super fast and feels like it’s + on block, but it’s also -2. But Gief gets a unique animation on his stmp that looks like it gets extra recovery but it’s actually +1. Cody’s stmk doesn’t look or feel like it should be + on block but it is. Etc. etc

Of course SFV does thankfully have its own frame data provided on its site + the in-game attack data, and in general this doesn’t matter all that much for a competitive player since they’ll (probably) know the frame data anyway, but Tekken gets across what’s safe/unsafe or plus better (as does Soul Calibur imo).

5 Likes

Also holy nuts this netcode dropping inputs.

I knew there was something fruity going on while playing this guy right now. Shimmy him and the buttons coming out super late etc.

:angry:

@Pertho btw if you want people to join the dojo you kinda need to accept the requests

4 Likes

Netcode seems get worse just before and just after updates.

1 Like

I got wrecked fair and square for not adjusting properly in lots of areas which is fine.

But I was legit missing random stuff in certain games for no reason.

Netcode being trash 3 years after launch is unacceptable

4 Likes

we need to keep the netcode the way it is, I dread to think what would happen if Twin’s opponents suddenly stopped getting one sided lag.

2 Likes

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

1 Like

If animations actually matched what they look and feel like you’d see alot more competent play over all.

Right now it takes constant hours, frame data knowledge and almost autistic behavior or traits to play sf4 or sf5 well.

I don’t understand why they do it…

1 Like
3 Likes

Some of that wacky looking nonsense is why its also really hard to fight bison. Some of his + moves on block are designed to move slow so you stuff them by mashing. Problem is you kind of have to be a deranged lunatic to mash against Bison. Thus the nonsense that you have to deal with against him.

His Psycho Blast (w/e that move with the purple ball is) is + on the HP one, but the animation is just the same one as LP and MP but done reeeeeeaally sloooooow so you can tell its visually different than the others. Won’t matter since by the time you react to it, you’re gonna hold that. Kind of similar to the stomps and other things.

Goofy design choice that is sort of counterintuitive to how you want moves to play out.

@Reticently why does NCR hate your man prototype so much? :joy:

2 Likes

Every pool is a death pool in 2019.

5 Likes

Somebody tell Alex that the pool is full of muggers, he’ll do just fine.

1 Like

Alex has EX knee and his VT2 actually works now. He’ll be fine.

:thinking:

That is what made Final Round so fun. Pools was filled with Top 8 caliber matches.

3 Likes

NCR 2019 entrant numbers:

SFV: 312
Tekken7: 148
Smash ultimate:135
Dbfz: 114
Unist: 82
Sc6: 58

Hopefully this tourney is hype!

6 Likes

I think I could go back to SFV if I learned Ken, but it feels like a lot of work for no reward

Those numbers are quite low for the other games, what’s up with that