SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

As long as they are good.

The extra punishment is supposed to be a trade off for the move being better.

After playing BBTag, I’m 100% okay with DPs having a counterhit state on recovery if it means that they keep actual DP properties.

Feels like a really fair trade off. DP characters get a move on defense but if it gets baited non-DP characters get to do DAB on them.

Exactly, here we have expensive and/or shitty DPs and then the huge punish.

This is true, although it is also true that Akuma would be too dumb with hard knockdown DPs that he can VTC not being counter hittable. Least the system keeps Akuma from being more stupid.

If it were up to me they should have just kept the meterless DPs (except for Necalli, command grab characters don’t need meterless DPs) and then just add an extra counter hit bonus to meterless DPs.

It’s the perfect balance goal they tried to reach.

Always thought removing meterless dp invincibility was a bitch move for soft players, but at the end they were too impactful in a dry that is SFV tech depth. Outside Nash and Chun all the dp characters were in top 10 in S1, strange huh? Giving that to just Ryu would’ve been a reason for Capcom to make Ryu even worse in other areas. The recovery on cmd grabs didn’t stop people to use them at all, so whatever.

Probably in SF6 we will go back to unique traits for characters hopefully, but then people will complain because the balance isn’t like SFV :man_shrugging:t5:

SFV balance is ass

Psh. Give me SF2 Ken DPs. Safe on block and plus on whiff. Completely fair and wholesome and fun for the whole family.

1 Like

It’s more than that. All these characters can sit on super meter cause they don’t really need to spend it.

1 Like

Ummm…it’s been sketchy, but they’ve been doing a good job keeping it from getting too out of hand. Technically it worked out that Rashid won CPT and Abi got second, since neither were top 5 (although Rashid really should have been in top 5 regardless, just crying about nerfs early threw him out the top tier radar).

I’d say S4/Type Arcade season is the first season I feel the balance is in a decent place. Unless you play boo boo bottom characters it’s looking solid so far.

1 Like

Looking at SamSho’s launch roster, it really emphasizes how much Street Fighter has comparatively struggled with portraying badass characters.

1 Like

More like those characters don’t have good options to spend it on.

What is Alex using EX for besides EX grab? Occasional armor through FB?
Nash uses his meter for what? EX SS?
Laura uses EX for her fireball and again an armor through a projectile.

Those characters aren’t like say Ibuki were they can burn a bar to do pretty much anything. Hell it’s probably one of the reasons all the characters mentioned are low tier.

I mean it looks this way on paper but most of the characters I see at high level (Rashid, Karin, Ibuki,etc) have been the same since S2. The only consistent newcomers this year are Zeku and Kolin, and that’s work mostly done by one person.

S1 was the best version so far don’t @ me saying otherwise

1. You’re leaving out Mika and Karin.

2. A lot of the DP characters who were good had crazy good offense. Ryu was top tier because he hit you with all of the anger he had over the SF4 nerfs. The things that made Cammy top tier in Season 1 are still present in Season 4. Ken has gotten a few smacks in the face, but Necalli has fallen out of favor because other characters have come out who outclass him, not because of some massive change to his gameplay.

1 Like

@Vhozite

1 Like

Ahoy!

1 Like

Alex ex knee is all the things now, ex stomp is prime fuck neutral get in, and there are a couple of places where the other ex’s do come up. It’s not all camping super, especially since last patch.

2 Likes

Good variety of stuff in top 8s already i say. Bipson, Gief is back (he literally died last season), Urien, Cammy, Menat and even Sagat is showing up now that the king can do some work.

MOV was inches from getting Chun in top 8 also. G also inches from top 8 (even if I think hes overrated)

Otherwise

1 Like

We are going to fight

The Strider life is hella real too.

#Bless

1 Like