SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I was born and raised in Quebec but live in Ontario now.

French is a horrible language and you guys wouldn’t believe half the things I would tell you about Quebec laws regarding french, its near nazi germany level stuff, not the least of which laws literally designed to breed out the english language.

Tim hortons and the grocery store are significant landmarks as well do not belittle their significance.

3 Likes

Well yeah Tim Hortons is awesome. Just wasn’t sure everyone else would figure

I don’t usually complain about netcode but KOF XIV had underwater netcode for me. SFV’s is much better in comparison, it isn’t even close.

Samsho’s looking good, they’ve basically fixed every problem that KOF XIV had. Just need decent netcode now.

SNK netcode very bad :frowning: Its the reason I stopped playing KoF 13, and 14.

I can only hope better for Samsho, but its just that hope. I don’t expect them to actually put in any effort to make it better.

Samsho should hopefully be good, the pace of the game looks quite steady, with the emphasis ( at least from what I’ve seen) on commitment if you want to do big damage

*Looks at SF5 slip case

Samurai Shodown 2019 is remake of Samurai Shodown 1993

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see you having much gameplay issues with the game. It’s a rare just sit on the ground and hit buttons game in an an era of flashy long combo fly in the air run along the ground constantly stuff.

Which is funny since Sam Sho was probably near the first fighter with a run, but its not super frame trap/mix up heavy so you still stay pretty far apart from each other often enough.

As for SFV, I’m just glad DPs can’t be cancelled anymore. Whatever problems it has, I’m glad a DP is a DP commitment wise unless it hits with certain triggers which is fair.

Meh I’m not for universal changes. The DP didn’t bother me, but simply saying “all command grabs” “all over heads” “all DPs” " all sweeps"

It’s why the game feels repetitive.

SF6 should look at not just changing things across the board.

3 Likes

i might need to avoid this place. reading people talk about samsho is going to give me actual physical pain

2 Likes

SamSho is worse than Smash?

At a certain point you’ve got to stop complaining about the netcode and blame the infrastructure. How is it even possible that we have such vastly different experiences.

2 Likes

The way KOF14’s netcode was where I live it just was bad when it was bad. I imagine if I was playing online at your house it’d be better for logistic and geographic reasons, but yeah.

If you were here in the US during the 3 weeks people were playing it here and said you were getting lots of great connections that’d be weird.

Like i say hopefully 97 having rollback was a test. That’s the last fighting game they’ve released right?

Outside of Heroines or whatever that loli wankfest was called.

1 Like

I’ve actually asked people if they’d like a SFIV side event at one of our tourneys. They’ve said no. One of the guys said he didn’t want do “compete in a game he’s out of shape in”, even as we were playing SFIV in casuals and he didn’t lose a single freaking game in two hours and 10-0ed me in a moneymatch I challenged him to for fun.

Idk. It’s weird. The guy loudly misses SFIV but doesn’t want to play it if given the chance. I don’t get it at all.

4 Likes

Ive not experienced this in fighting games yet but i have elsewhere.

Its not really the ‘thing’ that they miss. Its that it was ‘their thing’.

Honestly the game is a part of it probably… But the people, the places and the times these people had around the game are what they really miss.

6 Likes

Most of the newer streamers i watch dont have that issue. Like the 16ers like Mhike and Justakid just have fun playing. When I was at Canada Cup a lot of the people I talked to main and enjoy the game also. Its not a coincidence that the grumbly people are mostly old (relative to SF). Mhike is actually just over 30 but SFV is his first competitive SF

SF6 will be the same with some of those people missing the SFV times

6 Likes

I’m in a similar boat. The only other fighting game i spent years playing is Hyper Fighting in the arcades. Tick throws, cross ups and cancels are as deep as our tech got though.

SF5 in a lot of ways is my formative SF experience. Hit confiming, frame traps, shimmies, whiff punishing, empty jump lows etc etc i learned them all playing this game.

Part of that is lack of options but a big part of that is i have enjoyed playing the game.

I hope SF6 is an objectively better game but I’ll probably always remember this one quite fondly.

10 Likes

Mostly get to play with Chinese and Japs that are close but not too much. I know they addressed the netcode in a post launch patch, are you saying that just the launch netcode was bad or it’s still bad for ya’ll in Greatagania?

The Tekken scene is bigger than the SF5 scene at our locals. So it definitely feels dead “ish” to me.

I’d go in for a SF4 tourney but the thing is it’s like playing football when you’re 35, it’s great fun, but you’re kinda not as good as you used to be and nobody is really taking it seriously.