SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

I mean I don’t mind having to study frame data if it’s in the game in some accessible fashion. Hell even a link the the CFN website somewhere in the game would be acceptable.

But otherwise I should not have to rely on any other source to get the numbers. I feel like Capcom is trying to play both sides. One hand I can appreciate no frame data since, at least in theory, it helps keeps the game (theoretically)simple for beginners and you don’t want to game bogging down into math sim. But then on the other hand Capcom has been going out of their way to make the game visuals misleading and disingenuous, making it so it’s almost impossible to tell what is and isn’t plus outside of your typical SFV “rules”.

1 Like

C’mon, that’s every 3D fighter. In SF it’s easy to memorize -3 / -2 / -1. Since even the fastest jabs take 8-9 frames in 3D fighter, there’s a plethora or negative states and doing math like “he’s -8 my 14f heavy needs to be blocked” on the fly is quite more daunting. Good luck if it’s a Namco game where the devs truly believe that releasing frame data ruins the magic of learning a fighting game…

Although disagree on frame data being overhelming, gotta admit that the mid range SF5 is quite unique and messy, but instead of proposing to nerf dashes or crush counters, I’d rather have all pokes extended, to have an infusion of Menat’s st. HP before the nerfs. Nobody dashed through that shit, at least offline. If pokes were lenghtier, people can’t enter easily into the zone where a dash converts into a throw and AA become easier by keeping crossups in check.

But yeah, won’t happen. Jump into other game, or hold those dash in throws with pride.

1 Like

Not providing frame data is still a problem for quite a few games and sadly the block hit data in AE is still better than some other games

I can hear my sister arguing with some people in Apex I think. I’m truly grateful I love fighting games.

2 Likes

For me SamSho is gonna live or die by its netcode. I know SNK has a shitty reputation for online but they rereleased KOF 97 pretty recently with rollback and i was getting playable matches between Australia and China.

Its definitely a wait and see game for me. Looks fun though.

5 Likes

As often as I’ve heard this point said it’s only just now fully clicked in my head. Yes, this is exactly it, SFV is trying to get you to play like the Mortal Kombat 2 AI, like a fucking robot, it rewards pure mechanical response time and data memory so much more than anything else and those things aren’t really the interesting or fun parts of a fighting game for me.

1 Like

I don’t get the whole SNK netcode is bad, I play KoF14 constantly and it’s pretty good online.

1 Like

Its better than the worst of SNK but bad connections in the US for that game are pretty bad. Netcode is less of an issue in Asia though especially Japan

1 Like

I’ll hit you guys with another half dime post worth of thoughts on this game and how its played. Think the frustrations on offense and defense tie a lot with the type of game its forcing people to play.

Mmm you see that’s where I disagree. SF5 offers you enough bullshit that you can get by with minimal knowledge ( case point Ultra diamond Sim that didn’t know frame data).

But really if you don’t know the close +2 or -2 situation with every character with almost every button - you are toast. The game WANTS you to press a button back , it almost demands it.

Then it’ll chuck up a -4 that’s actually a whiff punish on their side if you do take a turn, so you gota hold very negative moves incase you get blown up.

I feel like because the frame data is so streamlined thats not really a problem after you study the games data for a month. Barring pushback stuff

@Evil_Canadian I didn’t know you went to Japan

11 Likes

I don’t actually mind it , the game , I think only a few characters really blow up the experience. Just so happens most of those characters are the best characters.

Lemme spice up the thread real quick

this dude is insane if he thinks churros are bottom tier

1 Like

Thats the thing too if its the best characters then its the ones youll know the data for any way. Complaining about learning data for the weird characters makes sense, but the high tiers well you see them all the time no excuse to not know.

Even if it is more so that the high tiers can abuse the data despite you knowing it. High tiers abusing stuff is what they do.

I’m not a huge churros person myself. Don’t care enough to read the list to begin with.

Key Lime Pie is pretty high tier for me. Brownies too.

“Even if you fight, you can’t win.” LOOOOL

2 Likes

Then you’re a lucky son of a bitch. 99% of the time the game plays poorly. On top of that, their epic fail to start KOFXIV’s lifestyle which made online all but unplayable to most to begin with didn’t help.

No, their netcode isn’t as bad as some of their earlier offerings but it still isn’t good either.

2 Likes

The online issues at launch killed every mode except party mode and then party mode died after 3 weeks

2 Likes

This is a powerful image

7 Likes