SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Played so little that this is the kind of nonsense the game is telling me

About 80% of Canada’s population lives in urban areas so he might just be goofin’ you.

We just have an extremely low population relative to our land mass.

Reminds of the time I kept losing to Balrog, so the game recommended me to him. Like, fuck off game.

Never seen that recommended stuff before.

You need to navigate with r2 in the shop/
Yuriko can be very mean, though. And try to appeal to your heart like this:

:frowning:

1 Like

Because the game was made bad…on purpose. If more of the cast could reliably anti air with normals, it wouldn’t be such an issue.

Like right now, played some gold Ken that was laggy AF. dude did literally no good thing but doing random DPs and one jump in gets me cornered free. Easy to do all that when your opponent can’t reasonably stop it consistently. Its sort of the same issues with dashes.

Its also a game that forces you to make bad decisions quickly and often. Take Cammy for instance. Cammy needs one hit to get you into the situation that’s easiest to fuck up: shimmy defense. So from one hit, everything goes to shit in an unnecessarily daft way. Rashid and a few other characters tend to do the same thing too.

Add to that that the damage you take coming in will never be as bad as the one you’ll get to deal once your in, and you get a really taxing game to play. Sprinkle in the fact that keeping out your opponent means giving them more tools to fuck you up with (because of dumb ass v-triggers) and you start getting a game that’s kind of trash.

What’s funny is that a lot of what makes this game terrible for beginners. A lot of the interactions that happen in this game are stuff you really have to study. You really need to know which is the tick throw light for each character to defend at a high level.

I could go on about some other stuff but its just a lot. This game won’t really feel SFish until you play really good players. Lower levels is just a death ball of insanity.

It just can be a really frustrating game altogether. Playing a bit of Sagat and Falke really let you know just how different this game is compared to a lot of SFs.

6 Likes

I already played Marvel 3 so this game is pretty chill in comparison. Falke does a good job slowing most of the cast down for me and can usually still lame a good bit of them out even when they have trigger.

2 Likes

Last one @Flack0

1 Like

IIRC from the time I spent with him at Canada Cup I believe he lives in Quebec. Told me how the stuck up people there want to keep French as the main spoken language… He generally only talked about going to the grocery store and Tim Hortons as far as landmarks so yeah.

Sorry @Flack0 i have to pack it in. I hate to go out on a game like that though. ggs man

1 Like

GGs breh that was fun sets.

1 Like

Facts those were some close ass matches towards the end. My heart was coming through my chest that last set.

1 Like

Think my favorite thing about SF being shitty is this decision tree. Tried to explain it to somebody and they got mad at me because I forgot why. Think because they liked the game a lot at the time and calling it bad made them cranky. To find out why he was so mad, lets take two design elements of SF5 that directly contribute with each other to make it a bad playing experience: Crush Counters and fast unreactable dashes. Necalli and Urien are hilariously good at exemplifying too.

Game has fast dashes. Starting at 15 and going on up (a lot of the cast sitting at that 16-18 range). Because of the math involved in reactions, you aren’t going to reliably react to dashes in order to stuff them. So what happens? If you know your opponent wants to dash in, then you start having an active approach to defense. You start clogging up that space he’ll end up dashing at with a normal that covers it fairly well. So you can do random jabs and stuff to take up that space.

Problem is that in SF5 this is a terrible idea. Because your best buttons to cover that space are going to be lights and mediums. But SF5 has the crush counter system, which only functions through a priority system. So in reality, defending yourself is bad because you can (and in practice will) get lit up for it.

That means a lot of characters can jerk forward in normally unsafe ways which are very viable in 5. you have characters with fast dashes and other forward moving moves that have normals which dissuade an active defense.

ST has a really active defense. You basically stop certain moves by mashing on jabs so you’ll stuff them. In this game even peppering jabs can get you irreparably harmed for a round. So yeah, this game is some shit.

5 Likes

btw sorry for the random trash Kage pick, shoulda known better not to bring that boy out he aint ready yet.

It’s cool. I thought that was the “lets take a break from our mains signal”.

I thought your Kage was pretty good. I switched to Chun because I absolutely abhor fighting him with Ibuki. Sorry if that was a dick move :sweat_smile:

What I love about SF5 the most is hitting someone with like 3-4 stray normal’s (or projectiles) for about 240 damage total and then getting hit with a jump in into a oki with no reversal option for 290 plus depending on trigger and super meter.

It really makes you wonder why…

But you I’ll just cream me

I’m scared of you

Yeah and that’s what stagnates growth imo. You can see it in even akhos replays. I know why he doesn’t want to sit at mid range, cause that’s where you get fucked up, but you have to sit a mid range to win. The cycle…

I don’t think there was a game where you needed to know frame data more than this one.

2 Likes

sf4 too, I remember the old head homies use to get mad frustrated because you couldn’t tell by looking at things anymore if it was safe.

I complained about it too for a bit then realized it’s what it was gonna be.

A bunch of moves that look safe or unpunishable but where negative

A lot of newer games force you to study something pretty heavily to get going in them. SF4s stuff got really esoteric to the point where studying frame data in V isnt quite as taxing for people learning

1 Like