SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

This explains it perfectly for most people who insist on playing a game they don’t like. If they get a little high with some wins or finding a character they like they ease up. As soon as Urien kills them with EX tackle Aegis they blow up again

4 Likes

I mean there’s plenty of people that play just as much as mean that have just as hard of a time. Maybe just maybe some people are good and better than me? I mean we can’t all be god like like you.

I’m not godlike by capacity of fast hands, blessed with execution, or quick reactions. People aren’t naturally engineered to be better at FGs than you, their ability to break down the game and adjust to their opponent is better, which comes from being able to critically think in a short span of time.

If someone blows up say, your neutral Hail usage and you don’t know what to do - where do you go from there.

I’ve seen this in lots of streamers. The moment when things start to go in the opposite direction, you never hear the end of how much the game sucks. It doesn’t even need to be done by VT Bison or anything overly gimmicky.

And those same people scream bloody murder whenever they get CC’d :crazy_face:

This game has made me salty countless times, but I could never play a game I despise. It’s not fun and it’s pointless. I’m good.

4 Likes

When it comes down to it there is a thing of natural talent in fighters. Justakid being the only Warlord on CFN I would say is partly due to natural talent. Partly also hard work and critically thinking about the things he does. You can be super analytical about Juri’s tools, but you still need talent to do it on the level of Gentleman or Justakid.

Otherwise I feel there are just people that are better at teaching themselves than others. Which is why personal coaches if they were more of a thing in the FGC would be nice. Like your main problem is you can’t really teach yourself in game to fix your mistakes so you stagnate. If you had a coach that could beat stuff into you, you’d eventually have no choice but to clean up your play.

The best teachers in fighting games are the ones that can teach people to teach themselves. Once you can get someone to teach themselves you’ve taught them to fish.

3 Likes

He enjoys winning and thinking he’s getting better.

He’s also pretty stubborn and stuck in his ways like most old heads get when it comes to everything.

But he gets high off wins and beating his demons, then when he loses to the 20th place sakura player that didn’t respect anything he did and landed V trigger combo’s into a W, he’s like what is this trash game.

3 Likes

Okay @Twinblades @Frost Let’s do this tomorrow

Twin, fight me. Wi-fi connection or not. Frost, stream it. @HighlandFireball or @DevilJin_01 (or yourself Frost), do live coaching on what our problems are.

Either Twin will be forced to learn or he’ll get his confidence back from beating my ass

I hate streams but I hate Twin out-whining me even more

1 Like

Out of all days to find nothing but opponents using wifi on SFV, Monday is probably the worst one to have it happen. Better stop now before I snap this arcade stick in half.

1 Like

My philosophy is this. If you are playing something you don’t like, you forfeit the right to complain. WTF you playing it for. Stop and play something else or just shut the fuck up already. If you gonna be a masochist be one in silence.

Side Note: Is it just me or does MK11 Jax look like David Banner?

2 Likes

People HIGHLY underestimate how much the value of a good coach would help them. But that’s because fighters have always included free coaching, usually the best players will tell weaker players whats going on and they’ll improve a certain amount and then they had those that weren’t really super good at the game but has a great view of how things work and what you should work on.

100 percent of all the strongest players I’ve known all had someone that coached them. Outside of the naturally talented guys who usually only get so good and so far then quit when the natural talent doesn’t carry them anymore.

1 Like

What if you like street fighter, fighters, and competition but don’t like street fighter 5?

Thankfully I got free coaching on SRK.

1 Like

Coaching does help a fuck ton, no questions.
The coaching I am doing with Keoma and PauloWeb greatly improved my paltry game so far.
Pros can point a lot of shit you don’t see and point you towards the way to fix it.
Then it is all up to you to make it happen.

2 Likes

Lol gotta tell everyone you beat that

1 Like

Don’t play SFV. There are shit ton of fighting games out. WTF are you playing something you don’t like for? If you have to play SF. You can nearly get all of them on the console of your choice. Why play the one you don’t like. Unless you just like bitching, there is no reason for it.

2 Likes

Good fighting game players are notoriously bad coaches.

Actually, people who are naturally good at things are terrible teachers in general because they aren’t working their way up through the struggle other learners have had.

But a lot of improving is a willingness to improve. Think a lot of people want to get better but they aren’t really scheduling things so they can do so. So the biggest shift into getting a lot of people better at this game would, at the very least, require that you admit that getting better at fighting games is some sort of priority in your life.

Once you do that, then you can really start doing the other things needed to get better. But until you make that step that says “This is something I enjoy, I’m going to take it seriously”, then there isn’t much we can do to legitimately help a lot of people.

Being on SRK is a big step, but there are certain mountains to climb with how to approach games etc. that you probably aren’t going to make unless you decide you care to get there.

4 Likes

You can’t load up sf3 and get matches anytime you want quick, or any of them really. SF5 you can, you also know you’ll always have some one to play against where ever there is competition.

That’s a much bigger deal than you think.

If I could get steady streams of matches for some games, then maybe I don’t play SF5 as much.

Either way, TDP, why haven’t we played? :thinking:

Uuuuugh…

I’m not completely (hopelessly) shit. When I play vs people I know, well above my “rank”, I can play well. I can do OK against, say, @you - his Rashid is beyond me, but his other chars, I don’t think he’ll mind me saying, we’re maybe even.

I just tried playing ranked again and something in my brain just fucking snaps in two, every time. I get so tense, so stressed, that even if I’m winning, I need to take a break.

I’m happy being twatted, I don’t care, I know it’s how you learn. But when it’s some anonymous Ken/anyone (four in a row, for kicks) I just stress out and have to stop…

I agree with that, anytime I’ve seen good players give advice like quickly its always pretty dumb “You just have to do etc etc” Like… yeah no duh.

However in a casual setting or long sets that’s usually when you get the gems out of them. They have to be actively playing or watching. Otherwise like you said its usually trash.