SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

c’mon now. You probably listening to 5 Finger Death Punch and hating all metal for it.

I don’t fuck with that screamo shit but I like some rock music. Another genre that fits well with fighters imo.

If you want SF6 to do well you know what has to be done

Give it to Ed Boon hhaahahhahHHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

3 Likes

I’m so tired of every fighting game being full of metal and edge.

I miss my jazzy clown theme, rapping 3s character select and true love making of CvS2

1 Like

Bro, that’s only ArcSys games. Outside of that you don’t really hear all that much metal in FGs.

First time I heard this song was on an MvC2 mix and I can’t tell you how lit that was:

Trailer opened with Johnny cage delivering a slow motion nut punch to a time traveling Kano.

I’m sold.

5 Likes

Slightly off topic, but I hope SF6 takes us back to hype announcers and menus with actual personality.

The voices you here in 5 are so bland, with the loading screen lady sounding like a Siri knockoff. Also the faux sci-fi menus are not a good fit for this game and would be better placed in a game with a more futuristic aesthetic like Halo or something.

2 Likes

I mean seriously, if a match started with a riff as fucking bad ass as this one I’d shit my pants playing it:

Same with this:

Y’all better understand that electric guitars will save your soul.

4 Likes

I like it because it adds personal information to the announcement. As long as that’s a thing, it’s gonna be a little Siri-ish.

Also, as an airdasher guy, I want the announcer to say “counter” when I get a counter hit. I didn’t realize how much of my brain looked for that until it was taken away.

3 Likes

If we are keeping that thot Siri on load screen we need a real announcer during the actual match. I didn’t even think SF4’s was anything special but it’s leagues better than the dogshit we got in 5.

We need the CvS2 announcer back. That or the Vanilla SF4 announcer again. Never been so mad so mad at an update as I was when they changed the announcers to that tryhardy dude in SSF4 and up.

Vanilla announcer was on point.

3 Likes

Also to be clear AE was a monumental improvement as far as UI. I’m just saying they could easily do better if they started with a better base.

Photo digitized games were out before MK. Pit Fighter was probably the first fighting game that did it IIRC and came out in 1990. At least 2 or so years before arcade MK.

I remember playing the Genesis version back in 91/2ish. The Genesis port looked nowhere near as good. Way less colors, not as many voices and the characters were tiny as shit. Not that it was really an amazing game gameplay wise to begin with. It was basically a fighting game that played with beat em up SoR/FF style controls.

1 Like

“I don’t care what anyone says, violence is a BEAUTIFUL Thing!”

When i first heard that after killing with Dan’s ultra, I knew that game was for me.

5 Likes

That’s the most random thing the announcer says. The announcer in IV was hilarious.

2 Likes

Man SF5 better have some big info now that people are kind of detoxed on getting info. Because all these other games are looking like snacks.

A mode and a new character or two aint gonna bring much hype now that the high and anticipation has worn off and people “don’t care” a much.

1 Like

Pit Fighter! I fucking LOVED Pit Fighter. I played a fuck ton of it at the local, bootleg, 2 players Pit Figher machine with Buzz.
That game was a fucking master piece.

1 Like

Yeah I wish I had played the arcade version of the game. The ports definitely don’t do it any justice.

The Genesis/Mega Drive port wasn’t terrible. But yeah, all the other ports were just cringe worthy.
I love Pit Fighter so much and wish it had gotten a sequel even though older men at the local arcade tried hard to make me not want to be there.