SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

The execution was kind of wacky, but the fucking hype was real. Kind of disagree with Bea on this. I think updating with a new character the same day as Capcom Cup was a great idea. Probably should’ve waited to launch it til after the tournament was done though.

5 Likes

It was planned to launch the moment the tournament ended but the tournament was behind schedule and obviously PSN didn’t delay it for them.

1 Like

Yeah that was unfortunate. But I appreciate Capcom doing something different and trying to be sneaky. They did something hilariously unexpected from a company known to be very japanese about the way they do business.

So I’ll give them the 10/10 for the effort.

It was nice and all, but it killed all the hype about the Capcom cup top 8.
Pretty much everyone stopped watching it to check what was changed in terms of balance.
It would have been perfect if the patch was released just as the tournament ended, like they had planned.

I mean clearly the tournament wasn’t as hype as the new character. If people were actually interested in it they would’ve kept watching lol

1 Like

I mean…It was Rashid vs Abigail.

:man_shrugging:

Nonsense vs bullshit?

Sounds right.

People weren’t interested in Kage, though.
They were all crazy about the S4 balance changes that dropped along with him.
Twitter was on fire with what people where finding regarding balance changes while the top 8 was running mostly ignored.

Can’t say they’re above doing it, but kind of dumb from a business point of view, giving up some of their advertising window doing that.

Man, I gotta farm Super Plat Laggy Mexican Kens to rank up to Diamond.

Definitely gonna have to prove mastery if I make it all the way to the top. Gotta control this wild ass people trying to DP over the border.

:japanese_goblin: :pray:

If I could fight nothing but Ken in ranked, I would be a grandmaster.

If there’s one character where I have seen enough bullshit over the years to have it thoroughly ingrained in my memory… it’s online Ken.

1 Like

Looks like Capcom is just letting every other new upcoming FGs play tug of war with attention and publicity.

I hope that is the case for now that they would reveal something satisfying after all things are cleared.

Clutch ass microwalks up in this bitch.

:pray:

Edit: Hear the slide hit, it gets rolled back to blocking. Lord giveth, lord taketh away.

SamSho is aesthetically beautiful, but not my kind of game, so bye.

My interest in Capcom news/reveal reached a new down low, if their goal was forcing the players to focusing on the actual contents more than the future ones, they succeeded.

Stay denial, thats what this fanbase is anyway.

Though ASW Marketing outside of JPN is pretty shit, better Marketing would help a lot.
You get ads for CoD and Battlefield every 5 seconds, yet I never saw even one Youtube/TV Spot for a Fighter, that isn’t named Injustass/MKXI.

Neither the less AFGs are constantly growing.

I just hope that if they would be releasing a set of s4 characters that would be related to the polls. Since it had decent characters in the rank that can fill up another season.

I have my own wishlist but I believe that the polls are the best thing they could follow now because it’s the win win situation from both the company, franchise and consumers. Just like they did with S3.

1 Like

Welp, I just learned that Laura has an 8 frame fierce that’s -2 on block.

Why?

Back when SFV launched I got allot of YT ads for the game and on Twitch to.

Why not?

2 Likes

Laura’s buttons have always been good as far as frame data and hitboxes. Though i will say since they nerfed her god s.mk she has a pretty noticeable gap in her footsies. Truthfully that button was probably overnerfed.

Nah, that button was 5 frames of stupidity. It was basically an old school SF button in game full of random trash shit they weren’t going to make work like it.

I’d rather have all characters have those buttons because it makes the game more fun and active. But it was hilariously how much it would wreck the cast. It was so dumb that they gave it to Akuma too and made it cancelable because Capcom makes no sense.

1 Like