SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

:+1:

Good work.

Now you should play with us and class up our lobbies a bit. My 1-week old Karin doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

im too much of a baby to know anything about this samurai game but it looks really cool

I’ll definitely make it a point to actually play in the lobbies with y’all more. I’ve only played against @getthetables so far. I’m not home much to play but I’m sure we’ll make something happen.

Even if your Karin is 1 week old I’m sure you’d probably kill me lol.

For everyone who want neutral based, normals matter gameplay…we’ll see how much they actually live up to the desire when SamSho drops.

Not that it matters if SNK shits the bed with Netcode yet again.

1 Like

I just push sMK.

Recently I started pushing sHP. It was a big moment for me.

I should learn a couple new characters actually. No idea who they should be. Thinking Mika and then big shrugs to whom else it should be.

Cuz it ain’t Crapcom.

2 Likes

Meme answer: Vega

Real answer: Bison is pretty fun to use. Could always use more Kunochis too. Chun because stomp combos are fun af

16 is a good number at launch for most FGs. Having too many bogs down the entry barrier with a lot of info.

4 Likes

Goddamn SamSho looks better than I thought. And Genjuro is is!
At least now I know for sure there is a char I can fall back to if I don’t get Shiki, Iroha or a brand new character that catches my eye

Jokes on you, I think Vega is a solid character.

Bison is not a bad suggestion though. His “spacing” stuff is kind of easy to get down because you’re measuring through the life bars.

1 Like

Agreed 100%.

I can tell you coming into SFV late has been difficult for this reason. So many random situations and nuances that I don’t have really in muscle memory. Which is why, as pointed out, I still run into snatcher. By the time all the gears have turned it’s too late or I’ve done something else.

What do you want? Do you want another rushdown monster like Zeku?

lol like 90% of the cast is trying to rush down.

Only reason I stuck to Zeku for so long is that nobody else in my locals was playing him. But defo need something for when I’m playing chill battle lounges.

Edit: I should learn the FANG grime. Make y’all really mad. You thought Zeku’s kokus were bad for Abigail, get ready for that real 7-3 match up.

1 Like

Yeah Tekken 7 fries my brain because it has so many characters with such a huge amount of data to pick up on, comparatively SC released with a slightly smaller roster and I learnt that game at a much faster pace.

It must suck getting into FGs like 3 seasons in. Only way you’re gonna learn characters quickly is to just play every one of them for a week or two.

1 Like

I think for people like us…16 is adequate.

16, however, is not a very appealing size for casuals. You still have people draggin the fuck outta SFV yrs later for daring to launch (nevermind the various other issues) with that amount of characters at full price. I’m just wondering how this’ll affect a game like SS. Hopefully not too bad.

2 Likes

Or to just have people blugeon you while you try random things.

I’ve been paying attention to other players closer to my rank/level to try and pull together some answers to stuff. One of the problems with only watching pros is, they are really playing a different game. You gotta get up to that level first a lot of the time.

Do it!

Also, I don’t even think Koku is that bad. I just didn’t have any answer or plan on deck for that situation.

1 Like

Bingo I tried to emulate what I was seeing from ultra
Grand Master players and that didn’t work. I know we’re all playing the same characters but trying to copy super high level play I would get bopped by the most random stuff. I feel like I still gotta play a little reckless and gimmicky at my level.

Well, I think samsho has a couple things going for it.

1- it seemed to be marketed at more hardcore players

2- basically no one knows any of these characters. They don’t need to appeals to fans of 30 years worth of titles. No one feels entitled to play Akuma, or Sagat, or whomever.

1 Like