SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

That’s why I like running into other PC players on SFV. Know you’re not dealing with much cross platform input drop shit and generally are going to be playing on wired so connections usually better. Rare case I’ll get a laggy PC player, but it’s rare.

So, the “bars” don’t have anything to do with WiFi. They are measuring ping. So saying that the best WiFi is the same as a 3-bar wired doesn’t really even make sense. A 3-bar connection has the same ping regardless of WiFi/wired.

WiFi can fluctuate much more frequently than a wired connection for sure. Often times his is because the WiFi is shared between many devices, so the bandwidth gets stretched at quasi-random. I think the core problem is most home setups allow for more flux, more so than WiFi being inherently flawed.

As I said before, WiFi is something you would only notice when it’s working badly. I suppose the filters on newer games just let you avoid the whole problem though.

Don’t underestimate RF interference when it comes to wifi too. Wifi can seem golden for a stretch, then your neighbor turns their microwave on or an ambulance drives by and your connection is fucked.

It’s not that wifi is never good, it’s that no one can keep it from getting bad.

2 Likes

FUUUUUCK THEY REDESIGNED CHARLOTTE AND SHES A SEXY WAIFU NOW HNNNNNG

That slow as fuck combat
Shit constantly resetting to neutral
No animu cambos

Yeah I’m thinking I’ll play this for a weekend before going back to SFV

Also Genjuro looks siiiick fuck I’m maining him and Charlotte

5 Likes

Sf4 was complete ass unless you played the most pristine connection. It was passable to the naked eye under most green bar connctions but the shit quality became apparent if you spent any time playing offline. There was a sharp contrast between online and offline play and i think that’s how you have to judge it.

4 Likes

Man, the music in that SamSho trailer was hype AF. Something about that whole thing felt very arcadeish. The vid almost felt like the attract mode for the cabinet.

4 Likes

Looking at those gifs. Shit literally is night and day.

Geese is looking so stiff in his transitions during his combos and his gi moves about as much as Heihachi’s gi does in Tekken 3. The light normals, wake up from oki and the gis on Haoh and Genjuro have way more life and flow to them.

7 Likes

True enough.

Like I said, in many setups several things can interfere, but in others, it’s basically fine.

Nobody is good at the game yet though, so current gameplay probably isn’t a great picture of what play will be like after it’s out in the wild.

1 Like

As I’ve said before.

SF4 netcode at its very best was merely “OK”.

I think nostalgia goggles color people memories. You play SFV and have a bad confirm due to rollback and your first thought is “SF4 didn’t do that” without remembering just how bad that old netcode was.

3 Likes

My SF4 netcode experience was east coast green bar was doable and anything yellow bar (usually midwest/west coast sucked). Everyone in California was unplayable (but I just played any way because no choice and had some Hollywood Cali players on sometimes).

SFV at least gives me a little more room where certain Californians can be at least playable. I know Beekmeer is pretty far west coast too and matches with him were way more playable than anything that far would have been in IV.

1 Like

I never played it offline but I could do combos online and there wasn’t any lag between my inputs and the action on screen. So while it was probably suboptimal to use it as a training tool for an offline tournament setups it was perfectly fine for an online warrior like myself.

Oh I can already tell this game is gonna be a nightmare to play once people know what’s going on. I think this could be that game where your PSN is gonna overheat lmao

1 Like

Yeah, like Ukyo wouldn’t reset your ass to neutral at all lmao.

It’s Samurai Shodown. Game is basic ass neutral first, tech second. Long as the game isn’t 300 hit combos it’ll be pretty quick to get the jist of how it plays. Good to get a game that’ll just play mostly like an OG Brazilian fightcade game for once. Not all of this stuff, just buttons.

2 Likes

Am I blind or does Earthquakes entire face clip into his body

The chin does lol

He looked cool as well ;_; that’d annoy me too much to play him

Earthquake is the granddaddy of the true big men in fighting games.

3 Likes

Yea i took fgs way more seriously during the sf4 era. I traveled a fair bit early on and was decent comp for mid level pros.

It was absolute hell trying to train online for an out of state tournament then get there and have to try and adjust your 1f link timing on the spot on their monitors and then play without sound or something.

It got to the point where you were almost much better off just skipping online. I think that’s where the line of thinking originally started about online making you worse.

Sfv is much better in that regard. But anyway I’ll cut it there because i feel my topic focus shifting.

2 Likes