SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Booted the game up half an hour ago to take on the chained mini-boss, after losing lots to it last night. Did it in the second go tonight, but my hands were shaking so much afterwards I thought “that’s enough progress for now” and shut the game down.

Literally had to pause the game a couple of times to get my pad back firmly in my hands they were shaking that much. I love the game, how it handles and feels, but fuck me… it gets tense. And I’m basically at the start.

1 Like

Till @DevilJin_01 is the 2nd highest ranked Falke in South America.

Meanwhile I am 49th ranked Falke in SA. :frowning:

3 Likes

Ask and you shall receive

1 Like

Thank you bro great stuff!!

I get Sekiro on Tuesday. Getting sick of waiting, my youtube is full of boss guides and ‘7 things every beginner should know’ vids.

so how was everyone today?

4 Likes

Pretty sure the ones complaining about it being hard haven’t played fighting games so they opinion and skillz suck ass from the jump. And they’re probably playing it like Dark Souls and getting butt fucked by not have any I frames during rolls.

Once you know what to parry/dash/jump/strike it’s fun as shit. I can’t get mad if I get grabbed even though the enemies hand didnt literally touch me. I play fighting games that shit is natural. And the game is really beautiful/optimized. I haven’t beat it yet but I stand on what I say though, they’re playing it wrong.

Probably the same folks that thought Cuphead was hard, would probably have a heart attack playing easy shit like R-Type.

Edit: Ew I sound like a shill, let me find something negative ummmmm…grappling is kinda spotty but that’s probably on me though. I’m trying to grapple to corners that don’t have the icon even though (in my mind) it should.

Also as far as I can tell 2 enemy types do not chase you if you’re on a roof. I don’t expect a dog to ninja jump above but I sat for a few seconds and not one grunt warrior climbed up…could of have been just that area…I just hope in the later game enemies don’t let me get away that easily because then shinobi spiderman-ing everywhere is cheap as fuck

2 Likes

That’s you?

Who’s the dad?

Its like the first time you played bloodborne after souls. it takes a while to adapt, and in that time your brain still wants to play it like Dark souls.

My biggest miffs with he combat system are:

1 - Its basically impossible to fight multiple enemies efficiently, you basically have to single them out to take them down (my opinion on this can change)

2 - The context sensitive deathblow can be finicky. You run up, you get the prompt, but the deathblow doesn’t trigger because something moved a pixel at the last second.

3 - Some perilous blows outright do not give you time to react to which one the enemy is doing. Thankfully these are not common, and there are usually methods to play around it to minimize the frustration.

Edit:

4 - performance is spotty. Not worse than DS3 or BB, so its workable, but still… I wish it were better. (XBX version).

1 Like

The one on the left. Niggas ain’t loyal nowadays.

1 Like

I alerted one goon and I don’t know when or how but he called at least 6 goons and that one tall enemy with the sledgehammer for back up.

BOY, I hid in a corner for like 15 minutes. Edit: Don’t ask me about locations and areas but it was after I fought the beefy Samurai protecting that gate. Around the first revenant memory thing or whatever it’s called.

Edit: Also “X-box” I’m…I’m so sorry. I’m playing on PC and this shit is smoov as butter even on my old rig.

That’s how I handle it too. When enemies swarm, I bail.

Thankfully, the game seems to lets you isolate and fight one on one most times.

At the moment, I like it, but I think its probably weaker than Souls or BB… but these games take time to sink in, so that is subject to change.

Edit:

I know exactly the area you are talking about.

1 Like

You guys need more Godhand in your lives: the game that actively punishes you for doing well by scaling up the difficulty.

There’s literally a meter there to tell you how hard it is. Maxed out it turns into a skull. :skull:

Maximo did that too. Extra lives/continues kept getting more and more expensive.

Among other things.

1 Like

I’m hosting a lobby if anybody wants in, it’s all US dudes. I’m just streamin it and watchin. @ me if ya wanna play with em.

I did just get home, but nah I need a lot of games and since I’ll be mainly losing a big lobby would just result in sitting around for 30 minutes in which case I’m better off watching footage of my own play or Teru/Sako Kages.

I’ll play you 1v1 if you want. I’ve got some time.

Alright, where the games at?

This weekend hasn’t been the best online. Lost 3000 points in Ranked. Think I’m gonna take a little break from this.

Wanna play for a bit, give me a sec to turn on playstation.