SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Now you know why Ed beats Abigail free.

Just making a point that I’m CAing through a lot of the obvious blockstrings.

Never do s.MP twice in a row in a blockstring. It took me forever to break that habit but trust me, you get nothing off of it even if the second s.MP lands. Your first s.MP is the opener. After that, branch.

See, now your offense flows better and your opponent is left guessing a lot more.

Squigga i’m mad AF at your cr.mp mashing ways.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

That CA was NOT intentional, my inputs are getting sloppy.

1 Like

And now I’m just playing terribly in general, lovely. Gotta get my wits back about me.

1 Like

Alright, that’s it for now. I’m not ready for Zeku, and my brother just texted me anyway.

EDIT: It’s unbelievable how terrible my reactions are. You jump and my body is thinking 10 seconds ago to throw a sweep.

1 Like

BuffBalrogHeSux is the best dojo ive seen so far

1 Like

Strider thinks G beats Sagat? Disagree.

1 Like

Its obvious he thinks G is better than he actually is. People will find out soon enough

1 Like

Here’s the thread. Luffy the GAWD downplayer though.

We all need to downplay like Luffy.

Edit:

All of you get dunked for disagreeing.

As much as he wants to call that guy on twitter a Super Silver, it’s not like his list explains anything either. His list doesn’t give anymore reasoning than anyone saying anything on twitter.

Which funny enough the back and forth he had with that guy was about Rog. No way G vs Rog can be in Rog’s favor. If Rog makes you block you’re done and there’s no way the neutral is so bad for Rog that he can’t get in. Brian F or Smug level Rog would definitely give any G problems.

Gs command grab is slow so he can’t really threaten it offensively vs Rog the same way other characters with faster grabs have. Usually Rog has trouble vs grappler characters, but G doesn’t really play like a grappler he just has one.

2 Likes

He is giving some explanations:

As for that second tweet, I just thought it was funny. Everybody in the FGC gets bodied by some silly ass hot take on something. One thing I’ve found to be hilarious is that Chen and Ultradavid struggle to get out of Gold. Sure UD has that issue with his hands, but wtf is this shit about Gold players being pretty good?

World needs more scrutiny.

Yeah he might wanna do that.

I see nothing in this video that suggests he clearly has an advantage over Rog. Even in the first match last round his G gets put in the corner and he has no way out other than galaxy brain forward jump out. If Brian F read that better he would have been cooked before he got cooked. Had to burn all of his V Trigger without landing a hit and then got lamed out. Characters with defensive options get blown up by corner Rog so Rog cornering G is RIP and Rog has plenty ways to run you into the corner.

Rog can at least afford to give up a V Reversal because his momentum and movement is better than Gs and still has a lengthy 3 frame. G has to sit on bars because if he burns a V Reversal he’s either going to be blocking until he dies or die without a trigger.

Consider this,

A lot of Strider’s reasoning for this match ups is that G is going to have meter for his stand jab buffers. But because he has no EX reversal to spend meter on, G gets to always have meter to buffer his jabs into shenanigans. Which means that the decision making process for him is cleaner than some characters because there are no options to weigh with meter. G is going to poke a limb and light you up like New Year’s Eve.

So it seems that he is valuing the midscreen tools and leveraging how good/bad they are against different characters. Hidden in all that seems to be the idea that even if you win the first round, you’ll have to deal with finger poke of doom from the jump in round 2 and 3 if/when it gets there.

:thinking:

Don’t know if I agree but its definitely something to think about.

I’ve already thought about that and it’s not a consistent gameplan vs Rog or in general for tournaments. You can’t rely on buffers all day to save you vs the near strongest frame trap/corner push character in the game. It’s not like you’re fighting Bison who at least has slow walk and situational whiff punish. Rog has real walk speed and can whiff punish all kinds of shit with s.MK and LP dash punch. You can buffer jab all you want but you’ll get trapped and you’ll be in the corner until you’re dead.

G has the magic to make it count if he lands the hit, but the odds of G getting magic hits is just not consistent for certain matchups or general tourney winning.

Its a strong tool when mixed in with all the other buttons.

Him saying that G beats balrog is nowhere near as weird to me as him saying G beats Falke. He may, but those are some long sticky icky buttons and a real anti air he had to deal with. Not like he’s gonna catch Falke unable to anti air his air shenanigans.

Yeah Brian F wins twice in a row from the start of this video already and we’re supposed to believe G has an advantage vs the shit in the first 2 matches? Come on. Those 2 matches cleanly displayed why there’s no way G can beat Rog. Risk/reward and spacing clearly in Rog’s favor and G just has to hope he gets galaxy brain command grabs and jumps out of pressure.

Brian F might as well just downplay and say G wins the match so G gets nerfed unnecessarily. G beating everybody

2 Likes

Take it up with him!

I’m just posting the tweets so at least there’s something to actually discuss. Just speculating on why he thought a match up was good or not doesn’t lead to much talking. Right now dash straights seem to be hell for G.

I’ll look at the tapes again later when I’m less sleepy. you haven’t said anything about whether G beats Falke or not though. :thinking: