SFV Lounge: Revealed DEEZ NUTZ! They don't reveal $H1T. Momochi plz wakeup super

Was it? You keep saying that and I see no evidence for it, and no one seems to buy it.

He is presented as a villain with an actual motivation beyond “I am Evil”, but I don’t actually follow the “sympathetic” line of reasoning here.

Do we have a problem with Thanos or what is it the point of this argument?

To be specific, if you are talking about Nitro, he’s a mutate, not a mutant. They categorize people like him and Spider-man as mutates. Nitro was a Captain Marvel villain, so his reason for not appearing on a movie must be something else, like writers sucking ass.

he’s the main protagonist of the movie. straight up. the main arc is his. if we don’t sympathize with him at all then that doesn’t work

yeah, but instead the read we get on his motivation is “well, he’s not just evil, he’s also dumb”

this is my problem. i don’t buy this. this is what i mean when i say the movie is presenting his plan as being smarter than it is, because even in the short term it should be a -disaster-.

1 Like

Thanos is this completely insane dude with nonsensical motives, a complete lack of empathy and a warped concept on just about everything.

You’re not supposed to walk away questioning if he’s in the right. At all. He’s about as batshit as the Joker.

1 Like

You can sympathize with someone without agreeing with what they are doing or even thinking they are a good person. What are yall even on about.

The problem with Thanos is his a comic book character and his transition to live action wasn’t as evil like his other counterpart in comics.

So it felt impractical, forced and they tried to wrote his character to be sympathize.
Which was wrong to begin with.

This poor transition made his comic book goals with the infinity gauntlet or all that power felt meh.

He wanted to solve population problem by removing half of the existence instead of space expanding and multiplying resources .

XD with all that power he had other options.

Same with the choice of making Starlord meh.

Not dumb, crazy.

The movie doesn’t really present the plan at all. Thanos himself is the only one who ever discusses the plan in a positive light and you know… it’s his plan?

I still don’t follow the argument that sympathy was the intent. Especially since no one else seems to see it.

Edit: you absolute do not need to sympathize with the protagonist. That is an outright falsehood. Plenty of movies feature bad guys in the main role. You are supposed to understand them, not necessarily sympathize. I Understand Thanos and his motivations very well, I do not sympathize. I think you are mistaking the two.

1 Like

How does anyone in SFV live through Nash critical art? Or any of Giefs grabs? Shouldn’t they be dead? :thinking:

2 Likes

Uhhhhhhhhhh…what?

You can have the movie focused on someone without them being the protagonist…at no point is Thanos seen as the good guy. He has a motivation and backstory we can sympathize with but a solution we’re against.

1 Like

And Jack coulda grabbed another floating piece of titanic debris.

Movie logic a lot of times can be pinned to “it just got wrote that way cause movie”

2 Likes

Also pretty sure dhalsim is literally burning people alive and they just shake it off…how can that be? :thinking:

3 Likes

…I know you’re doing jokes here but the SF excuse is that Dhalsim’s flames aren’t real, they’re an illusion :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think Sim and Ken’s flames aren’t actual flame.

Sims are like Will said some kinda weird illusion and Ken’s is his ki manifested.

Blanka tho? Nah Blanka legit just fucking electrocutes you. No chill.

He got infinity gauntlet lol it can literally do anything other than erasing existence.

He could have made every existing being smaller, if he doesn’t want he can make every planet to grow 20 times larger than before.

In comic book he was definitely an evil titan that is desperate on pleasing Death but in the movie they turned him into something who tried to solve a problem

So he burns people with illusionary flames…?

3 Likes

The illusion’s just that convincing!

True, that was just a recent update in SF5? correct me if I’m wrong storythread guys.

MCU Gauntlet is clearly not as strong as comic gauntlet even though they hype it up that way.

Also erasing half of sentient existence and doubling every resource in the universe are not anywhere near comparable feats. The gaunlet looked like my burnt ass oven mitt after Thanos did the former.

1 Like

Thanos reminds me of one of those “smartass” environmentalists on youtube who bitch about poor people having too many kids. I imagine in the last scene, he retreats to his village, hops online to go back circle jerk on r/population control.

1 Like