SFV Lounge: Makoto is coming for sure. F2P definitely. RIP Pertho's doggy

Why is MK4 specifically bad? Had plenty of fun in it: it was still 2D with a command for sidesteps and introduce d weapons and throwable items. It also expanded the lore with Shinnok and the Netherealm characters.

Yeah it marked the end of real actors but that was bound to happen.

MK4 was awesome!

…yeah I admit, it was my first FG ever.

Omg, the music was GENIUS.

1 Like

MK4 has a lot of shitty memes associated with it due to the garbage voice acting and editing of the endings. Worse than it usually was for that time.

I remember seeing it for the first time and going “hmmm this looks ok but tacky compared to other 2d fighters”. Felt the same once i played it also and felt the cast was kinda goofy. Only thing i legitimately liked about MKX was trolling with the weapons. Otherwise it was a gsme you played to laugh before you popped back in Tekken 3 or Alpha 2. It was its own shittyness before the deadly alliance 3d era that was god awful

Pertho check this pls

2 Likes

There’s a SFV:AE x Puzzle and Dragons collaboration game, and will be available the day after EVO Japan, in case anyone is interested:

https://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/sf/190208_sfv.html

1 Like

Is it me or is the SFV netcode kinda atrocious recently ?

5 Likes

Been the same for me on pc. Other than having to blacklist one or 2 people a session its solid for me.

Either it got worse, or more Brazilians are using wifi here.
I would bet on the latter rather than the former, though.
30 people blacklisted in the last two weeks and counting.

I always liked Tanya’s MK4 ending. She hit Liu Kang with the NWO heel turn.

3 Likes

The guy who runs that twitter account is an SRKer.

If you look deep enough in scrubquotes you’re gonna find a quote from me. Manage to troll scrubquotes and another dude at the SAME DAMN TIME!

It has to be related to their servers.
I can fight a guy and it plays ok and then after hour or two it starts lagging.
Besides that, I’ve noticed that when I play against streamers (AngryMojo, Will2Pac) it gets extremely laggy on my side, while it’s working great for them. Maybe the lag is always assigned to a guy from 3rd world country :slight_smile:

Yeah I used to get good connections a lot more consistently a couple months ago, recently though it has been a lot more teleport-ish

2 Likes

SFV netcode is like a living creature with a medical condition that only seems to get worse. I remember the game being way better pre AE. I still remember my first online game in AE, it was versus a local player and it felt way worse than before.

The netcode pre AE was somehow smoother, yes.
I could play against people in the US with much less lag than now.
And it was even playable against people in Asia.

1 Like

Soon, the new netcode will be revealed and all ye haters will be silent in awe.

I really hope so because i am sick of the game at this point and the online is the worst of all. I barely played anything in the past month cause of a boring balance patch and them coming out with Evil Dan.

Like yay, i got a new combo filler and the other fucker walks slightly faster forward and his Ex tornado sweep is 3 hits vs fireballs. Just lame shit tbh.

I am not even looking for the tournament season cause Akuma, Rashid and Ibuki are still gods among men, will be the same old shit, same dominant characters for the 3rd year in a row. Like i now i know it is not logical, but at this point, i hope Rashid, Ibuki, and Akuma would get the S1 treatment so we would see new faces.

But i guess we may see slightly less Cammy and slightly more Karin, yeah, much progression.

It is getting super lame recently, but hey, at least Resident Evil 2 and Red dead 2 is keeping me occupied.

2 Likes

I like SFV. The biggest issue I have with the game is the netcode.
If they don’t plan to update it, they might as well stop releasing new characters.

3 Likes

The game’s been the same bullshit since 2.5 . If you’re tired of it now, then welcome to 2 years ago.

7 Likes

There are days when I feel like I’m playing offline…and then there are the days where every other match feels like I’m playing in some backwater in Kansas.

But what I can honestly say is that I’ve had way more hits than misses when it comes to SFV online. I play this game a lot, but I understand how important and refreshing it can be to take a small break every now and then.

2 Likes