The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I’m not bothered by her, but I think there’s some potential there that’s being held back. I feel like there’s more for her, Ed and all of Neo- Shadaloo, but it’s waiting in the wings for some reason (be it for S4 or content planned but not able to be delivered for some reason). I really would have loved to see a bit of her in another storymode, I feel there’s where she can shine with Ed.

I’m a bit biased cause she’s voiced by a friend, but her slowly picking up on what it is to live a real, Shadaloo-free life, the protective sibling angle and untapped potential makes me want to see more of her. Playable or not. I just don’t want Capcom to make all these potential character arcs and not deliver. I really want to see what Neo Shadaloo can bring to the table, because if done right, it can be a different, interesting parallel to Cammy and her sisters + Delta Red. Family vs family. The concept art makes me want to see more of the Neo-Shadaloo family and learn their story.

If she does come back, I’d like to see some tweaks to a few animations. Some people here and out there have ideas for how minorly her CA could be tweaked and have it be cool. I do like her design and weapon infusing techniques. I feel they could take that somewhere in the future.

3 Likes

My fav one was one that has never been used again after FF days

Classic FF brown hair Cody with blue stripes on both hands and right elbow (as in FF ingame big portrait)
Some dude did it a good fanart back to SF4 and that’s it lol

1 Like

Cool pictures, what games are these for?

Thanks, Same game with @Dragonfave723 posted pictures. It’s a puzzle & dragon collaboration.

1 Like

Ooh cool I’ll take a look at the rest of the pics

1 Like

Here man

Honestly love to see that. Considering Abel has the same S.I.N connection I’d love to see him go after Ed+Falke and see them as younger siblings.

1 Like

Personally i will like to them to stick with Kinu/SF3 Tom and “Leon the Professional” imagery,
instead some things i seen after done by udon

Maybe make him just a bit smaller, there is almost big as Alex
Slighty bigger than SFV Cody could work imho

Fight style wise i think he can reflect 3 parts of his concept

• “Leon” and ex-soldier thing
    To reflect that i will like lot of Krav Maga kind of vibe, think elbows, knees, palm strikes, face grabbing and shit like that.
    Think Solid Snake CQC stuff
    Him having a counter could really fit that vibe

• MMA istructor
    Him having an actual MMA gym with a selection of specific arts istructors (CFN profiles) was a great development, they should keep it.
    Will like to see great emphasis on him having what as today shaped up to be a kinda universal “MMA style”
    So essentially a kickboxer with relatively wide “heavy” stance, elbows and knees on clinch, wrestling takedowns, ground and pound and jujitsu subs
    The key here should be show him able to transition from striking to grappling (or vice versa)
    I will represent tis with multi-path rekkas including throw option, kinda like Abel used to do in SF4

• Alex Master
    Wrestling should be his fav specific art, but unlike Alex/Gief his should be a very technique and brain approach to it.
    So perfect executed takedowns and submission locks on neck or limbs.
    The kind of experienced wrestler that can outplay easily a bigger/stronger/heavier but less skilled wrestler
    I will like also him to use a more refined (and less “pro wrestling”) version of some Alex specials
    Example will not like him to use pure brute strenght stuff as Alex’s headbutts or powerbomb slams, but i can see him having a more technical version of stuff like this to show theyr connection

https://zweifuss.ca/colorswap.php?pcolorstring=AlexPalette.bin&pcolornum=0&pname=alex/alex-slashelbow.gif

https://zweifuss.ca/colorswap.php?pcolorstring=AlexPalette.bin&pcolornum=0&pname=alex/alex-airkneesmash.gif

Essentially i will like to see Tom style link to Alex’s, like was for Gouken’s to Ryu

6 Likes

I know it seems random but I’d like it if Tom+Patricia were Irish-American. Don’t know why but I always got that vibe from them. Helps to slightly balance the Japan-America oversaturation of the SF cast.

The premise behind Gouken’s style was basically anything Ryu can do Gouken can do better.

Probably they won’t do it like the Jean Reno thing again but they can still keep the Nose, hair and facial fair just to keep the resemblance than the CFN art.

The idea here on technical level will be the similar, except Alex compensate with size, brute strenght and youth (so strenght wise he can do things Tom can’t)

Alex being a “muscle version” of Tom’s teachings
So having theyr styles very different, but still possible see how from Tom’s art could have born Alex’s one

Essentially Tom is the guy that flip you with perfect timing, leverage, angle, placement etc.
When all is spot-on, you still use strenght but you can really trip people with relatively low effort*
Alex on other hand being not as perfect but back it up with great explosivity and strenght… so you will still be thrown lol, but due a different mix

*to use an anime example just came to my mind Griffith fucking up Guts shoulder in theyr first scrap (time stamped)

I’m obviously biased LOL, but will like Tom to be italian-american, after all the main inspiration is Leon and he was an italian-american living in NY’s Little Italy

Considering she’s a ginger, will welcome Patricia being mixed with the mom being irish-american though
Will actually be cool, as italians and Irish had loooong historical connection in america

Goddamn nigga… Just reminded me how beautiful and expressive sf3 animation and art was… Pity we will never see this again.

5 Likes

I love SFV animations though

1 Like

No Ono no reveal.

The realist in me believes this is because they won’t show anything, which absolutely kills me inside, but my optimistic self likes to think they are just phasing Ono out of the picture.

Especially after seeing the Mortal Kombat reveals, the fact that in the past two months all we’ve got was ‘DID YA LAIKE KAGAYEH?!? YOUA CAEN PLAY HAIM NAOOOW!!!’ still sours me.

I don’t hate Ono, I really don’t, but if your marketing team is shit, at least have someone who can really hype things up. His shtick got super old a while ago and I’d much rather have excitement in my announcements, not goofiness.

3 Likes

There wasnt space for two oonos at evo jap

Don’t really wanna speculate, but the best outcome I can see from this is related to the arcade release: Characters, either one at a time or all at once, will be playable first at the arcade. It’d give a boost to the arcade machine and generate some hype (money) for it, in Japan at least.

I don’t think this is a likely outcome, but it’s the most positive realistic one I can imagine atm

2 Likes

I can deal with some goofiness like with the G and Cody reveal where they had Kenny Omega dress up and act like Cody and Christopher Corey Smith dress up and act as G, sure it was cheesy but it got me interested in the characters. Listening to Ono’s broken Engrish while wearing glowing cat ears horns was kind of cringey.

If SF would have a cartoon, in which game would you like it start?

SF1, SFA, SF2 or etc.