SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I didnt say anything about characters controlled, just the number of players the game is designed for.

I sent you like two messages to reply to :smiley:

Hold on let me re-read this

Who are you and what have you done with Frost.
He would never agree with me!

1 Like

my dude get some better glasses next time…going off on me for no reason wtf

Yeah they are, Capcom derived SF2 from Final Fight or something.

And then it went on to define a genre. We also have more recent examples of genre defining games - PUBG/Fortnite - Battle Royale(subgenre of FPS/TPS/Shooter) and Dark Souls(subgenre of action RPG - coined as Soulslike)

But for some very strange reason, some people like to pretend that FGs are above being transformative. FGs aren’t a sacred formula.

1 Like

all yall shut up for a second and look at this new doa6 trailer.

This stage just might be the coolest fucking stage I have ever seen. They are fighting in a museum, and all the museum exhibits are tiny sections of classic DoA stages. Its so fucking sickkkkkkkkkk

6 Likes

DRUNKEN MASTER HUH

I’M IN

praise lord thank you mr.monkey

1 Like

Yeah but people will think I’m a pervy weirdo if I play that game so it doesn’t matter

Gen fu is dead :frowning: Elliot inherited the last of his moveset apparently. Rip Gen fu you old top tier tyrant.

Brad Wong is basically the Blanka of DOA. Just go ham with drunk troll mix ups

3 Likes

Pertho didn’t reply to my messages :frowning: ignore when the argument gets bent out of shape I guess

1 Like

This was the only way I played until they added red head waifu Mila.

What makes a fighting game is competition. That’s all it is, is whether the game has qualities that a community can gather around and use to evaluate who really is the best in the room. Obviously games that are more standardized, more designed for competition, tend to be better fighting games but it doesnt mean anything else cant be. I’d argue that any game that tests some kind of skill against another person is a fighting game. Whether or not it’s a good one or one worth playing for a long time is a different story. We love our specific kind of fighting games because we see depth in them, we see the potential to express a personal style via things like character choice, because the games are usually flashy/pretty/aesthetic, and because we believe that the game rewards some combination of skills that definitively proves where one player stands over another.

Legitimacy isnt in the formula of the game, its in the legitimacy of the competition.

2 Likes

Capcom derived SF2 from Street Fighter. Final Fight at one point was Street Fighter '89.

People have adamantly refused to accept Smash as a fighting game ever since Smash became popular. Even if they have to twist the “definition” of a fighting game in circles to deny Smash while accepting all the “allowable” titles that stretched the genre.

This didn’t just happen with fighting games, though. It happens in various communities, and it gets pretty silly when your purpose isn’t even to define what something is, but rather to cobble together a definition that guarantees a particular thing is excluded.

3 Likes

That was it, sorry. I don’t have the info down in my head about what happened with FF in terms of it being an SF game.

Agree completely, it’s just dickheads being dickheads.

Fuck SFV
-Capcom releases last part of Juri outfit*
I love this game. WOO!

HURRY THE FUCK UP CAPCOM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 Like

So, schedule debacle, in game ads that will be for sure be turned on during the tournament, and no more greatly antecipated characters to be revealed. If they don’t reveal a new game, this CapCup will probably be the worse CapCup ever.

Makoto, Rose, T.Hawk, Fei Long, Viper, Elena, Dudley, Yun/Yang, Oro, Decapre

Absolutely tons of characters still anticipated.

3 Likes

MK and Smash bout to pop off while Capcom inserts shitty ads and peters off. Smh

and within 3 days everyone here shall be going insane saying CAPCOM DID IT AGAIN WOO!

4 Likes