SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

NUH UH I PLAY IT IN FPS ;_; I thought fortnite had an fps version too

1 Like

More FM nerfs… I swear Capcpcom is trying their best for season 4 to begin with a sour taste

4 Likes

They gave us Mecha Juri only to strip away everything else

3 Likes

Wouldn’t even call it an opinion tbh, it’s just a subgenre within the fighting game genre. People like to think only their interpretation of what is/isn’t a fighting game is final.

But if you take a minute to compare any games that fall under a genres umbrella, you’ll see a ton of them form multiple subgenres.

For instance, Mario Kart and Forza Motorsport. Mario Kart is a fun party game, but it’s a racing game. Forza is geared more towards simulation and competitive racing, but it’s also a racing game. These two games fall under the same genre and they’re worlds apart. Gran Turismo and Sonic All-Stars - also fall into the same genre. These games aren’t similar at all, but they’re within the racing genre.

Same thing can and does happen within fighting games as a genre. You have to be a real dummy to think Smash isn’t an FG. It’s just not THEIR interpretation of an FG.

2 Likes

Online is awful the past two days.

1 Like

Personally I’d say it is. But when i say it doesn’t matter i mean it won’t make more people play because it is, or make less people play because it isn’t. Evo isn’t a metric either tho. They’ve shown they will sell out for more profit so whoever brings more sponsors and viewers is getting in.

Whenever the topic comes up I’d rather just put this up and be done with it

The game itself says it’s a fighting game, case closed

2 Likes

Isn’t Smashs Subgenre just Plattform Fighter?

Saying Smash is not a Fighting Game is a good way to trigger Smash player though.

Is that from ultimate?

It’s from Smash Wii U, just before Ultimate. Then carried over

1 Like

It’s weird that people still don’t want to call smash a fighter.

Never heard that term before, makes sense given the nature of how you take away stocks though. Anime brawlers get coined as arena fighters, then you have 2D/2.5D fighters which are the traditional types, and then platform fighters.

Sakurai just has to accept that people want his party game to be a fighting game.

2 Likes

The creator told the community it wasn’t and you guys told him he was wrong so…

Because it isn’t. If you say Smash is a fighting game then you have to move a lot of other games into the fighting game category. Most basic way to look at is: Is this game designed exclusively for 1v1 combat? If it is then its a fighting game, if it isn’t then it’s not.

1v1 combat is the fundamental balancing act of fighting games. This is also one of the reasons why Smash is a headache for Sakurai as far as characters are concerned: he looked at his characters to fit a rubber band instead of this tight box members of its community force it into. There’s more to it with game examples and other stuff but I can’t write the whole thing out right now.

Ah ok I see, yea you are correct about people’s opinion of it not being a real fighter based on their view of traditional fighters I agree 100%

Every time someone calls smash a fighting game Pertho shoots a kid for walking onto his lawn

7 Likes

You can play it 1v1, online is geared towards 1v1. Also fundamental aspect of a fighter is in the name, you fight opponents. Amount of people playing is a factor for a head-to-head fighter, but that doesn’t relegate anything with more than 2 players out of being a fighter.

For Honor is considered a fighting game.

Name some games that aren’t considered fighters that WOULD be moved into FGs if Smash was considered an FG by you.

World of Warcraft.

Yea I understand now, and yea it won’t affect people from playing it or not.

Yup I hope it’s not really, but probably it had a strong chance. as for the definitive edition we can only hope.