SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Nintendo focuses on quality and character intricacies.

There online sucks and alot of things they do are weird but when it comes to quality material and representation of characters. No one tops Nintendo

5 Likes

I didn’t mind the old upgrade system, and from the start preferred it over where I figured SFV was going.

But Capcom knew how to spin it. They played to peoples’ greed with promises that everything important could be obtained for free. They played to peoples’ egos by adding that you could get enough Fight Money if you were a serious, skilled player. And thus, if you complained about where the SFV approach could lead, or about Capcom’s tactics, or even said that you preferred the old upgrade system, you were quickly shouted down.

Capcom continued to use that same spin approach, with a kernel of truth surrounded by intentional misleading implication, a dash of ego appeal, and a dash of “this doesn’t affect you”. It allowed them to get away with removing survival payouts, because the “serious” players already had their survival payouts. It allowed them to get away with taking out half the weekly mission payouts and repackage it behind a slightly higher skill gate to flat out reduce how much FM more casual players could obtain, because “serious” players wouldn’t be affected, and because players wanted to believe they’d come out better in the end.

And so Capcom kept pushing. Next we got “non-offensive” loot boxes, which got players to accept the general idea of loot boxes in Street Fighter. Now we’ve reached “rebalanced” Extra Battles and in-game ad placements. Who knows what the future may hold.

6 Likes

Capcom fighting games to be relegated to Saturdays during Evo.

And we’ll have smash melee, smash 4, smash ultimate, Arms and Pokken on Evo Sunday.

good, means I can go to sleep at a normal time on sunday

2 Likes

The best way to mold the consumer to your liking is to start making him doubt himself or to create the false impression of gaining something that he should had been already part of the package.

I really dislike even having this topic available for one of my favorite franchise,but there’s no way I will ever defend this sort of business.

We unlocked stuff by playing the game.Characters had colors, taunts and icons unlocked by playing the arcade mode now we roll the dice for random EX color using a currency that’s getting harder to get with almost every patch.

For real,fuck that.

Agreed. I don’t need my game to be most watched or be the main game. Im good with Saturday

This smash talk has gotten me to ask the question again, is smash a fighting game? Because if it’s a half fighter half platform game then obviously it’s gonna sell more and have tons of people playing it, even then I doubt any smash has ever gotten more entrants than the year sfv debuted at Evo but correct me if I’m wrong. Also if it is a fighter then please tell me as I just want to know myself, a lot of people say it is but when the creator says it’s not then yea that has weight.

I don’t think it matters. It’s like when people get all fussy over the “is esports a sport?” debate. People play it. Its competitive.

I’ve been saying for years that smash has a better chance at mainstream success than sf tho.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a fighting game. It’s like calling Fortnite not an FPS because it doesn’t adhere to the rules of more traditional FPS games.

1 Like

Smash is a racing game

1 Like

Guarantee the outside the FGC world thinks it is

It matters because we’re talking about Evo,fgc, not about fortnite and league etc. Checkers is competitive and that doesn’t mean it should be at Evo.

Mario kart was at evo in the dark ages…

Cool, I mean I don’t follow smash so was just curious. But yea I guess it depends on who you ask and what I’ve gathered is that half say it’s a fighter and half say it’s not. So whatever lol.

People who say it’s not are the type who only view traditional fighters as fighting games. Like you have games like Absolver which don’t follow traditional design at all, but it’s a fighting game.

Genres and subgenres. Only people who I see say Smash ain’t a fighting game are being a memer, or they’re just a cunt.

6 Likes

Yea it’s definitely not a traditional type fighter then, but in your opinion it is a fighter, see that’s what I wanted just someone more knowledgeable than me in fighting games to give me their opinion, thanks.

btw, isn’t fortnite a 3rd person shooter ? Is its a FPS ?

2 Likes

Smash is not a traditional fighter but it is a fighter. People call the shitty 3D anime games arena fighters so no reason Smash isn’t a fighter.

However, Fortnite is not an FPS because it’s a Third Person Shooter.

Oh right, PUBG then I guess ;_; I forgot it was TPS

PUBG’s also third person ya nimrod

2 Likes