SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Fang, Kolin, and I think Ryu.

Kolin’s is definitely better. I only use VT1 in certain match ups. Zangief comes to mind.

Capcom getting slaughtered by gaming media outlets for these ads. Rightfully so.

6 Likes

I’m not sure why they thought they would not get hammered for this.

Now imagine the hate Capcom would had gotten if the ads were forced.

They reducued our potential fight money earnout yet again?

Capcom is doing a great job of killing Season 4 before it even starts.

7 Likes

Capcom gotta stop being so tone deaf in general. The Extra Battle reduction is silly. The Shadaloo Soldiers already weren’t anything special, so now they’re basically making earning FM impossible. It’s just so silly to me.

14 Likes

And suddenly the several versions of SF4 doesn’t seem that bad eh ?

The digital upgrade was like 20 euro and you got all characters / stages / colors.

7 Likes

They made it free for awhile so they expect things would be okay, but they shouldn’t included those that paid the game.

“Promotional event” was a really good idea. Feels like we’re swimming in mud the way they pulled it off though…

1 Like

If Capcom makes Capcom Cup be played with the Ads enabled this game is going to be eaten alive.

No amount of positive news can help draw interest in the game at this point.

6 Likes

I feel like someone on the SFV team initially pitched the FM concept and somehow got it through management but they probably hated the idea of giving away anything for free.

So when the game didn’t initially sell well and maybe the S1 character pass didn’t do well either they said “see told you this FM shit is for retards and MOBAs” and basically gutted the system. Every time it seems like they might be easing up a bit the clamps come right back down.

Anecdotally it sucks because I remember folks in S1 at least giving the game kudos for being able to unlock a decent chunk of shit using FM. Now the FM feels more like an incidental thing you happen to get that you can use every once in awhile for some colors or a stage you can’t use online anyway due to the shitty netcode.

The model they picked for SFV was always a little shaky but anymore it is a bad split between a legit F2P model and a P2P model.

3 Likes

It should be clear that they don’t want you to be able to get everything just by playing. Its taking them a while to adjust the economy, but be assured if something favors the player who just plays and doesn’t buy with real money then it’s going to be further adjusted

Not saying it’s right or providing any justification for a 60$ game using f2p strats but this is how its gonna go unless theres some kind of massive uproar

Basically, I’m actually shocked that you can get as much as you can as quick as you can…

But I guess that’s coming to a end.

I do believe at some point the game is going to be completely free and this is just a work into that direction.

1 Like

I think the multiplayer side of things will go F2P by the end of next year, and it will coincide with the rerelease of the definitive complete version of the game for money.

1 Like

The thing is that it’s some people’s job to just look for the best way to maximize the money flow. There’s nothing wrong or strange about that but somewhere goes the line where it’s counterproductive, for me personally it’s the copy-paste logos on 3D models, and having to spend 5 seconds per match, nay around 10 hours in total of my life, where I have to watch their goddamn ads even though I’m not watching a broadcast.

I think SF6 will be where the game goes F2P. Capcom is just using 5 as the testing ground for that shit while trying to get as much as possible out of what are probably the last two seasons. If they can iron out the kinks guarantee you’ll see ads in the next game.

The thing is that if they just made good games people want to buy then they wouldn’t need to milk it like this.

1 Like

The counter play to that is not to turn it on, and you can play as usual.

I’m not siding with capcom and these trash ads and stickers and it could have been do soo soo much better.

But its also an option

Oh yeah. Yeah that’s right I guess :call_me_hand:

SF5 can’t compete with smash. As a matter of fact, Capcom should just be happy that the Nintendo didn’t shrug away consoles to be solely a software dev.

I was watching VGbootcamp stream from a few days ago, and the presentation on the 1v1 settings for it where its hows you the stock count after somebody reappears from losing ended up looking way hyper than I thought it would. Its weird that Capcom has tried so hard to get an eSports feel to 5 for about to be 3 year straights and Nintendo gave their game a better competitive grandeur with one added small change.

In a strange way it sort of gave the scene a more interesting nod than some of the stuff Capcom has done. Hard to put a finger on why it feels that way. We got the better button mapping which is good for all players. But we somehow missed a boat on what that stock display captures that feels missing in SF5.

Capcom can try to add the ads in some weird hamfisted way, but Nintendo created a better package to bring in viewers without necessarily wanting to. Next couple of years are going to be interesting.