SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

new v skills and some special moves would be a good addition so I’m going to say they will add new CAs

You probably added the name I told you on CFN instead of Steam. lol.

My Steam ID and CFN ID are different.

Dropping you a PM with a pic of my steam ID.

1 Like

Wish I could pin this somewhere

3 Likes

My issue with Guile and Menat zoning in this game is there isn’t enough nuance to it. It’s more like NRS zoning than sf. Not much regard to spacing or setting up traps. Its just a binary- does your character have a way around this- yes/no kind of interaction.

LordWilliam, Polygon took your picture: https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/12/12/18137874/street-fighter-5-in-game-ads-costumes-stages-loading-screens

Nah, I took it from here which was taken from Reddit and polygon found it from someone else who posted about it

It’s an image that anyone could take in the game anyway XD

So basically Infiltration got fucked over.

2 Likes

Well, he can only blame himself for what happened to him. It is obvious that the guy is a manchild.
Honestly, I would not mind funny ads like this one:

7 Likes

As for ads, for someone been doing ads for different platforms and has done animated billboards that had limited time to be seen.

Information should be layed clear and not scattered all over.

Clarity and attention without annoyance can work together. The gimmick was probably rushed for the event so the execution and implementation didn’t work out but it can if planned well.

Problems

Putting the ads in moving 3d models in game when fighting is not a good idea even it’s on multiple places and all over the character.

Why? because they aren’t visibly legible and clear in that distance.

They even came in different sizes in areas that aren’t visibly clear? lol

Solution

Instead they should just place the logo bellow or above the timer or in the middle of both CA Gauge which is center bottom.

Same thing in versus screen they should have place the logo in a non-moving object, it should be static.

If they want it noticeable and have attentions they could add glow effects in the background or border glow effect around the logo.

Rather than being scattered in a different position.

In stages they could add another generic 3d model like a shadaloo soldier or cyborg carrying a banner with a logo on it. Or just make the available character to carry it.

Another thing a promotional challenge

They could add a new challenge with a shadaloo soldier that is meant to advertise the event. which has the logo place in a more larger and obvious position while being static.

Have it have a very slightly more FM. The goal is to attract people to an area where the ads is all over.

For other promotional stuff, I don’t know if this one(promotional challenge) would take a lot of work. but the other things that i suggest above isn’t that critical.

I believe it even spend more time putting logo all over the 3D models than having a decent placement in the screen that have a glowing effect.

3 Likes

Apparently the number of times you can fight Shadaloo Soldiers in Extra Battle to gain FM is being reduced to 1 try only: https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/132638

12月21日~12月24日
報酬:2500FM
プレイ料金(FM) :500
プレイ可能回数 :1

That’s their update for the new Extra Battles tomorrow.

Wonder how many S4 characters I’ll be able to get with my ‘not paying with real money’ policy.

That makes it sound like they’ve looked at internal data and found a lot of people not buying season passes. I know there are a lot of people who opt to get single characters but that feels goofy.

Like I said before, they should’ve incentivized playing online period. LoL and other F2P games draw their strenght from hooking you into playing a lot. The lack of FM grind kind of dissuades you from doing so. LoL gives you coins win or lose so might s well keep people who take beatings around so there are more players.

SF6 F2P edition incoming. That or the game the Cannons are working on. Either one’s gotta give.

1 Like

I think the game is too shallow. If they add that, there will be a clear superior choice, just like with the second VTs.

2 Likes

make a new thread with the topic, put it there. i can pin it and it should stay on top since people dont post much in the other threads anymore.

Its like that whenever they add a second anything. Supers/ultras/vtriggers

There’s always a most optimal choice and people choose that unless they are just trying to be different

Im really not interested in more shit. I just want the shit we got to be better.

5 Likes

They could still add a different variant but not similar in usefulness.

I’m surprised they’ve only done a Double FM Weekend once. Games like Call of Duty do Double XP Weekends all the time. That incentivizes people to play more rather than cramming ads into a full priced game for a drip feed of FM.

1 Like

Some characters could use new special moves, I’d really like an ex version of Juri’s lk fuha

2 Likes

Which characters got a v trigger that is obviously better than the original?

I can only think of sim off the top of my head. Rashid players seem to like vt2 better, but there still a good amount of vt1 out there from what I’ve seen. Same with Chun. Kinda split.

1 Like

Kolin easily

5 Likes

That ad Fight Money has to come from somewhere. Capcom sure wasn’t going to inject legitimately new Fight Money into a system when they’ve spent the last year implementing different ways to remove it.

Though Shadaloo nerfs were pretty much fated anyway, either with reduced appearances or higher difficulties. Like Survival, people weren’t meant to beat them so easily. The only surprise is that Capcom waited so long to finally do it. I don’t know if it was just out of laziness, or if they were waiting for a new “We’ve added new ways to get Fight Money” cover story.