SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I’m fully prepared to go back to the Clay Age of SF4 Dear God Please No DONT DO THIS TO US

1 Like

Capcom always does something great with something shitty to balance things out. Last year it was the halved fight money with the amazing season 3 character reveal. Expect big things this year.

3 Likes

I’m more interested to see what exactly Capcom is going to do if this negatively affects the game. Are they going to double down or maybe give more fm? I don’t see them turning back.

No matter how bad Street Fighter gets, it still isn’t MK.

5 Likes

She definitely needs more than that. She doesn’t even need to use her V Trigger to win some of her better matchups. She can just old school 3S Chun people to death while also having ranged/limb/animu ball options with the trigger being a luxury.

She needs quite a few things nerfing and then still would be pretty close to top tier regardless. If they don’t completely change how the game works they will have to tackle a few things with her for sure.

Eeh she isn’t even toptier. No nerfs needed at all.

She’s merely a character with more marked strenghts and weaknesses so it’s just inevitable that her matchups are more polarizing. However, she’s the right kind of defensive play: good tools to prevent the opponent from getting close, softer than artichoke’s heart if she commits a mistake and the opponents gets in. Much better than a character with sloppy defense options whose main plan is to fire the EX reversal roulette each time the opponent does its homework and gets close. Also, no cheap teleports or air hovering that throws any hope of fighting for space. Rather her as the long range zoner in this game than Dhalsim.

3 Likes

If you don’t think she’s top tier you haven’t been playing or watching S3 at all.

I agree the game would survive if she didn’t take nerfs, but if you don’t want her to be like top 3 forever, she needs nerfs. Her hitboxes, frame data and gameplan don’t really fit how the rest of the cast was made at all. They’re not going to change 30 other characters in 2 seasons to meet her outlier design.

There’s no way Soul Spark is going into S3 untouched and that’s just one thing.

3 Likes

I’m trying out Falke in the lab and man this character seems hard to use. I just can’t stay dialed in while holding for FB.

Also this character seems to have almost no okizeme.

EX KK gives you most of the oki you need. KK pushes them far into the corner and gives you space and PP is a good damage ender that keeps you spaced also. She doesn’t really need oki in the way others do. VT1 stand shot gives meaty oki also, but not really used all the time either.

1 Like

How is that? After EX KK when i combo into PP/VS/FB they are too far for anything. I just like forcing my opponent to block on wakeup more than anything.

Also can we talk about her 20 frame dash lol

You just let them fly in the air after EX KK and dash twice into df+HK. Covers both wake ups and does big corner push while keeping you in frame trap range. Only characters you have to worry about are shotos because they can mash 3 frame LP DP to trade and push you out. Against them just eye the meaty with a s.MP

1 Like

I think that she’s a step below the Top 3. High tier sure but top, no.

Leave her be a unique gameplay of ther own, like how many characters truly have a legit 3-7 matchup against her? Gief and Ryu, for example, are hopeless bottom tiers and shouldn’t ever be used as an argument for weakening other characters to their level. Utter boredom would ensue.

2 Likes

There is a difference between nerfing a character to Ryu tier and saying she needs no nerfs at all. Come on now.

2 Likes

Here, I think you want your words back

1 Like

Top 5 is effectively the top tier of this game. Menat, Ibuki, Guile, Cammy and Akuma (order up to interpretation) are the only 5 characters that are winning CPT events regularly solo. Makes a pretty easy case that their matchup and tool spread is strong enough that they can viably win events without a secondary/counter pick character. As good as Bison is, not even Problem X can win solo with Bison.

The problem with the rest of your reasoning is that it doesn’t work with corporate esports Fighter V. They balance this game in a way where leaving Menat be and making others crazy won’t work just on a mechanics standpoint and they won’t do it because it’s not in their mindset to do either. It’s just not realistic and most anime games don’t even balance this way anymore. We might get 2 supers, 2 v skills and custom combo lite, but that’s probably about as crazy/different as it’s gonna get.

I would say Ed and Sakura also lose about 3 7 to her. Their gameplan she can counter pretty much completely and don’t have anything that really threatens her that isn’t obvious for her to react to or counter. Plenty of 6.5’s and 6 4s in her favor also.

3 Likes

Cross Post:

Hold up. Wait a minute. Infiltration dropped out of the Capcom Cup???

His name is grayed out and him plus the last chance qualifier makes 33 entrants instead of 32 entrants, so it does look like Infiltration got deleted…

You must have missed his domestic violence fiasco.

1 Like

Capcom Cup without Infiltration is like 25 % less hype. Guess I’ll be rooting for a Sako-Fujimura final in his absence.

3 Likes

Yeah talking about it here:

It’s about the same as Menat’s frame wise. I think it’s fine for her archetype, she just needs some other better tools by the time S4 comes. Her dash is always something people bring up as an issue, but in actuality is one of the things that they did alright with her. Her s.HP is longer than almost any of Sagat’s buttons and converts into full combos so she’d be kinda stupid dashing forward at people any faster with that button.

Her j.MP is also another reason why her dash doesn’t need to be any better. If they do make her dash better I’ll take it, but balance wise it’s fine. She doesn’t have a floaty jump like a limb character or Fang so she can use her jump to move in and out of space well enough.