SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Kage can confirm SGS off St.Mk in footsies. Whiff punish for 430. He’s gonna be a beast.

Kage top tier for players who have gud defense, minds eye and execution

DAIGO PLEASE

Also VT2 gud for Akuma’s everything :^)

Does Kage even fit Daigo’s playstyle? I don’t get that.

4 Likes

I don’t see The Beast using him. He might try him out for a bit, but I can’t imagine him maining Kage.

2 Likes

Ok so I was playing sets with my friend who mains guile last night and did this character get adjusted?? Sorry I’m at work now can’t look at the notes atm…

Cuz my ass was still seeing Guile doing SFV Guile things… Walking behind slow booms… Walks speed, mobility for a zoner is stupid good.

His jump arc with his j.hk makes me salty as hell fam…

At this point, he needs something but probably not. Poongko might go crazy with him for a bit.

His combos into SGS are easy too. Things like fireball cancel into SGS were a breeze.

1 Like

I’m pretty happy about my measly purchase, he is fun and I haven’t played a glass canon in a long time. Honestly not a BAD addition to SFV even if we compare him to Akuma and Necalli. The Guilty Gear spy programmer did pretty good.

I need that Asura costume ASAP though.

3 Likes

Whoever wins Capcom Cup next year needs to demand that the reward costume they make is Kage exactly as he is now, only with a paper bag over his head.

2 Likes

It’s two things modders like and that’s G-String Bikini mods and Akuma 666 Evil Ryu God Tier characters. I’m hoping for some good mods because I only like his default :S
Edit
They’re working fast, already have classic in WIP

3 Likes

LoyalSol tech:

1 Like

It’s fine on pad

Hold HK, press jhp and keep holding it, do stlk, stlp, and release HP and HK. ez pz

Wait, you can charge Birdie’s moves with kick buttons as well…?

Thank god nobody was watching me when I did that trial.

I think they did an amazing job with the rebalancing this year. Ryu is no more Mr. Cup Is Half Full, Alex got some creative rebalancing where his v-skill comes a lot more into play, and they even “made Cammy fair”. I almost can’t believe it.

1 Like

Same here. I went and copped that other costume as well. I was so hype from the trailer that I bought Kage immediately when he was available. Definitely a fun character with good execution if you’re into that kind of thing. He feels like a Marvel character at times too.

1 Like

Akuma is a copy cat!

Capcom wants you to think twice before you do them yolo DP’s…

1 Like

Regular DPs are still ass. Somebody at Capcom really mad at the 5 years of dp FADC shenanigans.

6 Likes

Hah! I ran into an Alex who thought EX knee was a reversal. It took me a while to understand what was that wakeup flash.

My main reason for trying Kage now is I realized a few weeks ago that I’m terrified of fighting up close and especially walking right up to someone’s face.

I’m more comfortable with a character like Sagat, but I feel like I need to pick the opposite kind of character to get over this fear. Kage seems to suit this well and still has a DP and a good multi-hit FB (with a knockdown) if I’m fighting someone that I’d rather try and zone out (like Gief).

Otherwise, I’d continue playing Sagat. However, I think if I can overcome this up-close fear, I’d probably pick Ryu to play someone in the middle.

I may also give Ken a shot. I do like his VT2, and it seems stronger now.