SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I know, I’m talking about safe “ranged” moves.

Shit like urien cr.mk urien tackle, zeku slide etc etc

Man I see that many of you guys are high on Kage. Me on the other hand, I’m unfortunately kind of deflated. Evil Ryu was my main in SF4 and I was so excited to learn that he was the newest character. But man I’m bummed that he doesn’t have a regular fireball. That’s really crucial for me personally and the light red fireball or his Dan fireballs doesn’t work for me.

Besides that I really like a lot of things about him and would seriously consider dropping Akuma for him but I really need that fireball. I’ll keep playing the character though because I still find him pretty fun.

Kage reminds me of Kairi from SFEX2/3. This is a great thing.

Oh, they actually changed the speed differences on his fireballs too? Damn, this actually sounds really interesting. (I only specifically tested the pushback lol, I’ve complained about his fireball pushback since the game was released so I was pretty excited about that change :V )

I mean, I have no illusions about how much fireball bypass this game has, but that shit was present in SFIV as well (hello ultras) and I still think USFIV Ryu had one of the most fun fireball games out of any character in any game, and the new changes might be a throwback to that.

with all of the fireball bypass most fireball characters are better playing their game within the jump ranges anyway, to avoid getting beaten out by people buffering stuff at longer ranges

Ryus HP is gonna be too quick to jump within that range, and LP speed decrease is gonna leave him better if they block it.

Big buffs to his fireball game overall

2 Likes

Some noob thoughts on Sak changes:
st.MK faster on wiff - didn’t really use that button and i still don’t see why i should use it now
cr.MP +2 oB - 4f trap is nice to have. Probably should meaty with it more.
cr.HP - dunno… more advantage after AA? that’s nice
6f startup on cr.MK is probably my favorite. Easier to catch backwalkers and no more need to switch to cr.MP to get 3f trap
9f sweep - meh… whatever
Dunno what to think about faster DP startup. I don’t see any new combos. Is it supposed to make late cancels easier?
Backroll after MP DP still leaves an opponent out of range so you better visually confirm the QR unless you want to whiff stuff in their face. Gotta play a bit more to see how it works out for me in the corner. I’m tempted with an idea of covering both wakeups with cr.HP. cr.HP xx EX FB xx VT sounds good.
I’m not a fireball player but faster hadokens should be good. I still only use them to cover my approach.
What is really good about them is the reduced hurtbox. No more getting slapped out of startup.
WTF is that +10 dmg to MK tatsu? Am i supposed to start using that one combo it is in?
Decreased the pushback on HK tatsu is OK.
I need to test these 12f on VT tatsu. I hope now i’ll get more connects at max range.
VT1 might be more interesting now. Gotta try it out.

The main conclusion is that i’m still gonna be trash in SF.

2 Likes

Well, this seems to be a decent buff for her DP:

Kage’s colour 15 is an icy colour

I NEED IT

1 Like

Yeah, i forgot about that. One more thing to get into muscle memory.

My fireball game is bad, so I might try him out.
I figured out that I don’t know when to reversal, I don’t know how to bait the reversals, I don’t know when to use command grabs and I don’t have a fireball game.
Who should I play :blush: ?

If it is any consolation I see a lot of what I think are Akuma mains running into the same issue. They hover around Akuma’s normal fireball range and by reflex throw Kage’s adorable little puff periodically.

Also, and this more applies to the league I’m in, none of them got the memo that his tatsu is punishable.

In general I like seeing people excited about the potential of a new character. Heck it even got Frost to boot the game back up for 2 weeks. It is always lame as fuck when a new character comes out to a resounding thud or a lukewarm “meh”.

2 Likes

Extra damage on SPD and better neutral tools for Gief, could be pretty significant for him.

Uh, hang on, I mean of course: aww man, muscle explosion down to 40 damage? He was already bottom-tier and these heartless bastards at Capcom felt the need to make him even worse. Worst character in the game by a country mile. All you Juri and Cody scrubs begging for buffs for characters that were already viable, I hope you feel really good about yourselves. Cretins.

RIP Gief 1991-2018.

Oki from lariat is the only buff that mattered

1 Like

… O-oi

ok dis is my thing its what i got so far. I def didn’t focus on vt 1 as much as I coulda though because I like vt2 more!!!

make sure to like and subscribe hhahahHAHAAH

10 Likes

Capcom knows we can’t stop eating their shit, the fact we’re all still here means something. I still didn’t turned on the PS4, but probably I will do soon, just for curiosity.

2 Likes

Mightas well boot it up just to keep the client current. You don’t want a long download if Makoto does happen to manifest. :wink:

1 Like

If only that buff extended to AA Lariats…

I don’t know if it was possible before but I really liked that jump-in combo from a CC that Gief has in his new trials. Too bad both CC and Trigger add a ton of damage scaling to the follow-ups.

Also, speaking of trials, I almost had to grow a sixth finger to beat Birdie’s second new trial. That’s not a pad combo alright.

Looking at new Dan combos makes me sad. Where’re my loops, muthafuckah? Where’re my fucking loops, you piece of hado shit?