SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

After some further studying and testing, I would say that Gief’s flex actually got better despite the fact that you can be KOed if you don’t have enough life to take the attack.
It taking only 50% damage is huge and it now builds more v gauge upon absorbing an attack.

I could do that anyway with cr.lp xx dp. Just had to do it quick.

Armour moves getting the changes is weird, I mean most were punishable anyway. Seems like a weird change a long with the “dp Gona do even moa damage”

I guess the just want us smashing buttons and doing throws.

1 Like

I was testing against ken and it 100% did not reach, L or EX.

laura’s a big fat bitch so maybe she gets got.

1 Like

also no way kage vt2 doesn own vt1 for free. Misogi is true hard knockdown, just like a super. And he can get it off literally everything. I’ve already got like 7 setups including guess hit/throw and more. Things stupid as all hell.

3 Likes

thank you very much:laughing:

I used Twitter tech to learn niche things and my own labbing, but I made this video a while back and everything in it still works I’m pretty sure.

EDIT**
The setups from sweep are different now because he’s an extra +4 on hit, CC sweep setups might have changed too.

1 Like

This is delicious!

So with the full juice, kage has a 492 damage combo, midscreen off of vt1.

All you have to do is hit his fully charged v skill, which isn’t THAT hard to do… I’ve hit it multiple times today already.

Also… with vt2… saw some incredible reset shit.

Dude did v cancel on hit, dash up jab hit, dash up sgs. Pretty sick. That snake eyes one was dope as well.

Vt1 v skill is pretty obnoxious though.

2 Likes

Problem with vt2 is you have a 900 health character with a 3 bar v trigger so he only gets it when he has about 220 health left, and then he has no great way to activate outside of vskill which is a risky proposition when your health is so low.

After that, your 220 health character needs a confirm to get his no backrise setup, and then still has to deal with a reversal situation.

But yeah, I think vt2 is better as well, but I don’t think it overshadows vt1 at all. Vt1 is plenty good and has lots of nice shit going on with it.

1 Like

yeah VT2 is my go-to, but by no means am I thinking VT2 is outright better.

They’re like both in top 5 VTs in the game. They’re both incredible for different reasons.

2 Likes

I duno heres what I got from vt2 oki already

low into combo
meaty OH into combo
guess throw/hit(into combo)
instant crossup into combo

all owning 3f moves naturally

Its basically the most versatile oki option I have ever seen in sfv.

1 Like

yeah not disputing the hard knockdown isn’t good

VT1 can get you in at + frames from fullscreen for free, and gives you a safe EX DP. Both have their utility and the stuff they bring to the table is godlike.

1 Like

Only character Kage should be afraid of is Vega with full resources. I was in training mode last night and FHP, VT Rose XX CA hurts. But that DP/EXDP FADC is made.

wha
vt2 activates off everything dude, it ain’t finicky on nothing.

also st.mk trigger into demon works at absolute max range for a cool 350 its funny.

1 Like

God dam Kage party in here.

5 Likes

this is only to fatten him up to he can be served at the upcoming honda party

Is there an easy way to get 100k on smurf account?
I would try Kage, but don’t want to pay for him on secondary account and don’t want to fight GMs with a day 1 character.
It’s insane that all DLCs are tied to CFN and not the account.

If you manually download the characters on ps4(ps4 doesn’t do this automatically since you buy the cfn unlock first) on the master acct, all sub accounts can use them I am pretty sure

Okay, so I spent about 2 minutes in practice mode just to see what the deal with Ryu’s fireball pushback was. I half expected the pushback increase to be about three pixels. I was pleasantly surprised to see it return to SFIV levels of pushback.

I don’t know SFV well enough to know if that’ll actually matter (it sure as hell didn’t for Sagat, and considering S3 Ryu was rumored to be complete dogshit on a stick he’s probably still kinda pants), but that change made Ryu feel a LOT better for me to play. Maybe I’ll spend a few hours on him before ragequitting the game again.

Ryus fireball changes are pretty huge, the slowdown on LP and speedup on HP along with 45f total makes him pretty fucking deadly in the hands of someone who knows what they’re doing.

Ryu definitely in a playable state now, S3 Ryu was garbo.

1 Like