SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

Kage is a pretty dope character. I was just salty because the presentation last night was wack. Putting that aside, I can’t wait to see this character in a tournament setting.

7 Likes

Yeah already I’m seeing some pretty cool tech and stuff for him. Whether or not he’ll be a beast I’ll leave to the high ranks and pros to decide. And for sure Capcom dropped the ball last night. And damn I just realised Evo Japan isn’t until February I’m really hoping they can at least shed some more light on this season before then.

Yeah, I had to switch his voice to Japanese. It’s much better.

japanese is a shameful and immoral language

4 Likes

So the mech characters, you can’t just buy them?

I don’t see mech fang or abigail on the screen.

also vega cr.hp into grab is not real as someone was saying. He isn’t in range even with EX after it so he has to walk so it still auto loses to buttons.

claw cr.hp has some mild use though cause after stance switch you are still +1 and in st.lk range, so they have to worry about buttons/throw

Evil Ryu was not part of his latest character S4 picks, other than being a Extra Battle according to his leak. There was also another earlier leak of his which is before S3 that Evil Ryu would be Vtrigger2. Which turned up wrong that was part of his previous deleted social media accounts that include his YT.

It’s unlikely for them to do separate normal, specials and CA for doing testing play sessions, they need finished and complete those areas of work that they need to test them simultaneously.

And Dan or Evil Ryu wasn’t included in the latest leaks in S4, What the leaks were confident of are with 2nd Cinematic mode, Gorilla, Phantom(girl with knife, Viper and Rose).

Rose is obviously hinted being the only silhouette character doing cameo in SFV,

It can be the way Capcom trying to mess up with speculator to claim she is part of the season or that’s the way Capcom want to hype her up. Or they are just planning to redesign her visually for the next Season(most likely). Time would tell.

Yet Rose is doing great and positively in the Character Poll results. A well receive character from west and japan.

I believe this is the approach to have the character won’t ruin the interaction with other characters, the newer the character the bigger the design space and creativity available for story telling and move sets designing. Less restriction and limitation to interaction along with more possibility.

Like were getting instead Chad Hugo, (not Q), (helen-sister/not kolin) and (Maybe Azam or Guile’s Officer Taylor/it’s buff ED) So there is a chance seeing not-poison(aka Roxy).

Capcom teasing stuff is a way to know if the wide reaction would be positively accepted if not it’s safe to revamp a character that never been a character before, which is obvious if done to a familiar character that’s why we almost got (not-ibuki but ibuki)

As of now Capcom already know which is which, the survey and data gathering is a success already, they don’t need to tease.

And probably Kage is the best solution against shoto clone problem while compromising with fan request. It kinda complicate the story for now but would surely solve it later, if Kage would be the recurring character not Evil Ryu or another different version of Evil Ryu to compromise with fan request.

#IamATrueBeliever

Yup it’s already been claimed that the 2nd cinematic mode was already finished and completed last june 2017 that is delayed because of the Capcom fearing him lol.

1 Like

So as far as new punishes go what do we have

Ibuki V skill
Dhalsim EX flame
Birdies trigger cancel
Birdies EX bull head
V-trigger activations ( like Urien aegis?)
Ex parrebelum
Ex slash elbow ( was punishable but now more)

What else. Might chuck in a video tonight with the Sagat changes.

2 Likes

Kage uncharged v skill -6
Kage L stomp -4

2 Likes

Ken overhead.

Also reading the Bison changes, on drugs. Probably going to be the worst experience since S1 mika.

Don’t get to push any buttons but if you do he can Parry that into plus 2.

Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea.

5 Likes

Cody’s stlp x2 now has increased blockstop and is - 6, previously - 4 and incredibly low blockstop

Was a personal favourite to use amongst me and a lot of the top Cody’s, can no longer stlp x2 into crlk if blocked cheekily

All armour moves have gotten worse, globally - 17

I did skim past that , is that “slip” something.

Is that his target combo?

Action figure group collectors wants Kage as a figure. I prefer SF4 Evil Ryu as figure than Kage.

I kinda think the big problem here is that it was Kage alone that was revealed in S4.

Yeah slip is target combo, was basically unpunishable before without hard read on it coming

You shouldn’t ever miss the - 6 now

1 Like

What do you think of Cody, seems like he got decent buffs.

Kage, Akuma, Menat, Cammy, Ibuki, Rashid, Blanka, Bison, Mika, Cody are who I have in my top 10 so I think he’s gotten considerably better

Cody buffs are practically everything he needed, VT2 getting buffed is a joke cause it was already amazing, and buffs to advantages and pushback with better walkspeed

1 Like

? It reaches at point blank, but like I said, it loses to walk back, and that he only has c.mk to really stop it, which isn’t ideal. Still, it’s a situation that he didn’t really have before, so at least it’s something.

4 Likes

Not technically a new punish but they added a couple of frames to the block stop of Young Zeku’s Hozanto so that should actually be punishable online now.

1 Like

Link some Cody tutorials please. Time to return to my main.