SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I don’t get the route down again talking with people who take their own fanfiction as canon.

Rather I force myself to a 10 Hour Loop of Black Onslaught.
That might be less edgier, now that I think about it.

1 Like

It’s not fanficiton considering these characters have lore in the game.

1 Like

Thats not what I meant.

Kage isn’t a possession of Ryu. He is a personification of Satsui No Hado that Ryu purged from his body. AKA a convenient way for Capcom to have Evil Ryu when there is only Mu No Ken Ryu left in the story. It’s why his name is Kage (Shadow) and why everyone refers to him a silhouette or shadow.

Least important thing I will say in 2018, but I am pretty sure the big difference is that Ryu and Evil Ryu can’t be in two different places at the same time, whereas Ryu and Kage can.

Basically the difference between having multiple personality disorder vs having an evil twin.

2 Likes

Isn’t that basically something possessing his body? Ryu’s gone, I didn’t think this was an actual separate character but a noncanon version of Ryu who lost control

I’m really lukewarm on Kage. I don’t really like the way he looks and it feels like a last minute slot waste to me. I was thoroughly convinced Capcom wouldn’t bring in edge lord fan fiction characters outside of Akuma but at this point Evil Dan seems more likely. I did enjoy the fighting portion of CapCup but the Del cameo and DJ/Dance shit was mega fucking whack. What a complete shit show that was. I really really hope someone slaps John D because that cuck is out of his mind.

I’m also annoyed that we didn’t get a full season 4 reveal. I saw on the blog that they said they are gonna do shit differently in 2019 but I have no idea what the even means. No season pass makes me think Daemos is on to something about more than 6 characters next year but I’m not really sure what to think right now.

Also Kolin got a few buffs and some shit normalized, Menat and Abigail got whipped a bit and none of that means much cuz I’m still Super Plastic so basically all’s good.

I’ll prob play that new GranBlue anime game for a weekend but no air combos sounds like it’ll be in the PS4 for two weekends.

2 Likes

Laughed my ass off today out of the blue remembering that POP during the award ceremony. It scared the hell out of me and Floe.

1 Like

He’s separate. He goed off on his own and fights Sagat and Akuma while Ryu is still sitting in the dojo.

1 Like

How the fuck did he materialise???

1 Like

He is a direct replacement for Evil Ryu without the shoto clone vibe in gameplay standpoint or an Evil Ryu extracted all vanila Ryu projectile game.

Fiction man, Same thing Night Terror and Nightmare materialize in SC.

same as Elysium too.

1 Like

Out of Onos goofy asshole

2 Likes

I tried out Cody and Chun so far.

Cody maybe slightly better but nothing too substantial IMO. The walkspeed buff is nice and you can now do stuff like cr.MP,cr.MP, st.MP/cr.HP as a block string since his cr.Mp have reduced pushback now which is nice. +3 on zonk gives him the ability to use st.LK to deal with people trying to jump or back walk after a zonk on hit so that is nice.

I didn’t feel/get to use anything major with his V-skill. Still hella baitable as an anti-air, still gonna get CC’ed if they empty jumped the crossup. I also really am not feeling his st.LK now, it is still decent but going from godlike to decent is disappointing. They didn’t address his anti-air issues. I am also uncertain if he will ever win an air to air in this game since his air normals are utter trash.

I do like his VT1 now, i recorded it in training mode and i was able to get 15 st.HPs on VT1 on a blocking dummy before the timer ran out so the consumption on the normals seems good. I like that he can now link a cr.HP on counter hit after a st.MK in VT2 and a faster upward swing to reflect fireball is good.

He is better in some areas but i don’t think his changes are nearly enough to make him a playable tournament character. Will still never see the light of day in a CPT top 8.

Chun changes are meh…She now have a better meterless conversions but her VT builiding potential is worse. Nothing too major but she is better just for the fact that her worst MU that is Menat got worse.

2 Likes

Probably the same way Necalli became a sheep shrugs

1 Like

Kage is a spiritual entity manifesting itself physically. Japan loves talking stuff from random religions so if you want to know how that works, there’s probably a religion where that happens.

Evil Ryu is ryu being consumed by the energy, Regular Ryu shed the negative juju away and doesnt have the internal struggle, Kage is the externalization of that energy.

Kage has a name because it isnt Ryu acring anything out.

Not even complicated.

9 Likes

I’ll never understand people who take characters online without labbing them. I feel bad beating some of these Kage’s who don’t even seem to know his FB isn’t fullscreen…

1 Like

Time to abuse Cr. MK fam! :grinning:

So I take it we haven’t gotten confirmation that there won’t be a S4 pass this year?

I don’t. Everyone who ruins the screen with that abomination deserves to fall.

1 Like

Current speculation is pointing to an announcement at EVO Japan.

2 Likes