SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

looking at those gief changes make me think capcom is really hesitant to make him good

1 Like

It’s an deniable truth, Even fans in Kage trailer in SF FB page are trying to create fake news theory to defend why Capcom put instead Kage not Evil Ryu, they said the word evil wasn’t allowed into E.Sport. It was ridiculous lol.

To be fair I kind of hated FANG in the beginning as well. He was the new boss and everyone was expecting some kind of badass so I kind of understand the initial disappointment.

With Kage it certainly looks like the majority is silent about him and only those who dislike the design voice their opinion. I’ve quickly glanced at other boards (EH, gamefaqs, reddit) and most of the people on there hate him as well.

At this point, I think Capcom are scared to make any character that wasn’t in the average Top 16 of a Pro Tour event from last year good.

1 Like

Ok so going through Vega’s changes:

Lk roll +2 oH: this changes forces the opponent to block his cr.jabs now. In claw stance this change doesn’t mean much since he can’t threaten you after blocking the jab. In hand stance its a bit better since he can threaten EX grab. However most characters can just walk away from this “pressure”. Even eating the jab isn’t especially bad since he can’t comfirm it into anything.

Closer mk.roll oH: see above

New EX.Roll: This change is a good. On the plus side, it gives Vega access to new juggle combos that allow 2 or 3 meter dumps. If using just one meter it gives him higher stun/lower damage alternatives. More importantly it means if he reads a projectile and goes through he can convert it into a bit of damage or oki.

Stance switch on claw punch buttons: totally irrelevant outside of his Claw c.hp, which now converts into more damage and leads to a frame trap/command grab mixup. Also allows safer stance switches in neutral I suppose.

Hand c.hp: this change being good or bad depends on who you ask. It’s now +5/+3 but no longer Crush Counters. Blocking it does give him a bit of pressure and it’s decent for oki at 4 active frames.

VS less pushback oB: lol VS is already ass this nerf doesn’t even matter

Overall these changes are good. My primary complaint is that Capcom continues to ignore Vega’s problems. He still has non-threatening frame traps due to poor conversions/high pushback and probably the worst overall V-System in the game. Like the character isn’t unplayable trash, but he is just bad at playing SFV.

1 Like

2 Likes

Are the viewership numbers in for CPT? How did we compare to last year?

They never renamed the char because it isn’t evil Ryu in the first place.

I’m happy when everyone enjoys their beloved characters, atm we don’t have any reason to even smile a bit.

I feel you, my brotha.

2 Likes

https://esc.watch/tournaments/sfv/capcom-cup-2017

https://esc.watch/tournaments/sfv/capcom-cup-2018

Ryu = Kami
Kage = King Piccolo

Of course the Story Morons jumped on this to defend this idiotic step.

“Look guys it’s totaly not Evil Ryu, we didn’t just change the name or something!”

I mean it was obvious they would put him into the game, but I didn’t expect them to go out of their way to not call him Evil Ryu.

1 Like

Honestly I think the stream going behind schedule is the cause of less viewership. Also I felt there were more commercial breaks, might be just me tho

1 Like

What part of this isn’t evil Ryu don’t you understand? Would you call Oni Akuma?

They lost several viewers durimg some of the performances. Any idea what the YouTube numbers are?

1 Like

Lol no one is defending him. You wanted to know why he is called E.Ryu and there is a reason. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it’s any less valid.

Yes he is functionally Evil Ryu, lore wise he is not.

1 Like

Not the same thing Oni is Akuma when he’s overtaken by the Satsui No Hado. Kage is the SnH Ryu purged from his body. Oni really is Eviler Akuma.

2 Likes

How I see it a kage is less like evil Ryu than Akuma is Oni. Because evil Ryu is manifestation of sataui no hado in Ryu whilst kage is the purged version.

Akuma is the person before total SNH possession, Oni is what Akuma will eventually become when he gives fully into SNH, because Akuma was always an evil character, there’s no need to preface his name with Evil Akuma

Evil Ryu is Ryu partially overtaken by SNH, Kage is the full possesion

Ryu = just Ryu
Evil Ryu = Akuma’s level of possession
Kage = full possession

Breakdown photo from reddit discussion last November, I think.

Dudley, Posion. Feilong, Oro, Viper and Guy are close to real if were talking about demand and request.

Makoto is on top.

My baby Maki ain’t gonna make it.

Dan? Honda is not in there. Elena wasn’t in there despite being a decent and unique character.

1 Like