SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

“Necalli’s moves are already extremely balanced.”

:rage:

Maybe if “balanced” actually means “strictly worse than other characters to the point that Phenom is the only main left who just got boned in Capcup”.

changes to Urien’s quarrel kick gives him some new combos.
No more CC but slight frame buffs.

They should’ve reverted Necalli’s v-skill nerf. That just made the character less fun overall.

1 Like

the legacy of cody betrayal is ever expanding

6 Likes

You can buy Kage with real Money. It’s listed as “Character with Costume” or something like that in the shop. It’s $5.99 on Steam and it comes with his Battle Costume.

1 Like

I’ve always said the “buy characters with Fight Money” plan was a mistake. Even if you can’t buy Fight Money directly with cash, it assigned a monetary value to Fight Money, which messed up the game’s internal economy as well as their paid DLC. That triggered Capcom to go into damage control mode with Arcade Edition and afterward, which has only wrecked the whole economy even worse.

If FM truly had no value, then stuff like spending FM to continue in Survival would be a neat arcade-like addition. But because it can be used to by real money DLC, FM has real monetary value. That Survival continue is costing you something like 1 cent, even if you never directly give Capcom cash for FM.

The whole thing really limited what they could do with FM as well; they can’t just flood players with it because they don’t want players using it to buy paid DLC. Which means they can’t make it a bigger part of various modes. They have to strictly ration it, and keep nerfing ways to get it, and they can’t build modes around it. Which in turn slightly hurts the game modes themselves.

But I figure Capcom would keep FM even if they got a do-over. It might be different. Zenny (the premium currency that was supposed to be present alongside FM) might come back. But I don’t see Capcom abandoning the move towards a microtransaction currency.

1 Like

Recovery changed. The 2 frames came off recovery

1 Like

I think one possible justification for this is that Kage is NOT part of the paid-for Season 4 character pass, and is just a freebie (I use this term loosely) that Capcom is throwing us.

edit- Nevermind you can buy him with cash.

1 Like

The Zenny disaster really fucked shit up but it’s honestly better for the consumer. Capcom was trying to create a multi-game currency with Zenny. Fuck that idea. I hope they aren’t trying to still push it through on the back end of other games.

Kind of a dangerous situation at the moment for the game with the FM. The way season 3 work was fucking ace. All the talks at corporate should be about copy/pasting the character release schedule from this year to the next and continuing to build the good will. I really hope they don’t fuck it up.

1 Like

DJ and Dime. How we feeling about this buff to Sagats jump ins.

NASH

Standing MK: Damage increased from 60 to 70
Crouching HK: V-Gauge meter gain from a Crush Counter increased from 100 to 120
Spinning Back Knuckle:
    Reduced the V-Gauge meter gain from a Crush Counter from 150 to 120
    Expanded the backwards hitbox
EX Moonsault Slash: Increased advantage on block from +2F to +3F
M Tragedy Assault:
    Reduced the separation distance on hit
    Eased the combo count
    Expanded the collision box
H Tragedy Assault: Reduced the separation on hit
Stealth Dash (V-Trigger II):
    Can cancel the initial startup of Sonic Boom, regardless of whether it hits the opponent, is blocked, or whiffs.
    V-Timer increased from 2,000F to 4,000F
    Special move V-Timer usage increased from 1,000F to 2,000F
Stealth Dash (Stop) (V-Trigger II): Reduced the recovery from 13F to 11F
Justice Corridor (V-Trigger II): Changed the recovery on block from -6F to +2F
Justice Shell (V-Trigger II): Changed to expand the hitbox for the 2nd hit after the first hit connects

"Developer Comments: One of Nash’s unique traits is his ability to absorb his opponent’s EX gauge with Tragedy Assualt - as such, we’ve shortened the separation distance form the M and H versions on hit, allowing Nash to better keep up the pressure. Also, he can combo into M Tragedy Assualt from a mid-screen Justice Shell, increasing its versatility.

His V-Trigger II Stealth Dash, and the moves he can perform from it, have been improved overall.

As he can now cancel from Sonic Boom into activation, and with the improvements to Justice Corridor, there are a number of ways to really apply the pressure using VTII."

if i’m understanding this correctly, VT2 will certainly be Nash’s main VT from now on.

Based on what I can see, SF5 is gonna be f2p next season I think.

The ads, no bundle, no previews.

I think we’ll get a character at a time for x amount of fight money or 6 bucks a piece. This will allow them to get more money over all.

If they are smart they’ll do a character a month up until like August.

Not gonna do much vs characters that AA him for free, but better vs like Sakura and such. J.mp is air to air so doesn’t matter much for jumping in. Still floaty ass jump still don’t jump much with Sagat

1 Like

Agree that the release schedule from last year was excellent. That said, there’s high chances that SFV funding has dried up and there’s not actually season 4 as such, maybe two or three rushed characters still on the making, so instead of openly announcing what would be an obviously small season 4 with a season pass that doesn’t make much sense, they will drag this along announcing only the following character at a irregular schedule to keep people guessing and believing there might be a full season 4 only to announce end of support by the end of next year.

Hope it’s wrong, but ommiting S4 contents at Capcom Cup itself it’s damn suspicious. Even seasons 1 and 2 with their irregularities had the six slots confirmed since the beginning.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m just bad at theory fighting

I just got triggered by -6 overhead, 'cause I use that a lot. I’m a bad Ken XD

The HK Tatsu inconsistency is off of his MK -> HK target combo. They buffed the consistency on that at one point and seems they undid it to a degree. I suppose that’s not really huge though.

That said, I’m not convinced about VT2…yet.

It still misses if you use crmk at max range and/or delay your one-hit confirm too long (the range it works shrinks the longer you wait, and my reactions aren’t very good), and the damage boost still isn’t that high. Just doesn’t feel like it offers anything too different from what he already can do minus a little extra damage but losing VTI’s versatility.

Gonna stick with VTI for the time being, VTII still feels like it doesn’t really give him anything new to play with, and I still like what VTI’s activation offers. But I’m wrong a lot so that’ll probably change anyway

Where is these patch notes with developer comments? its not on the CFN site.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/12/16/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-balance-updates-and-developer-comments-for-december-16

3 Likes

Hmm…those are legit observations but they feel like they’re on the paranoid end of the spectrum. It doesn’t make sense for them to unroll the ad update on game they’re about to abandon. Its possible that’s how they roll but it’d be weird. Its very likely that they’re sticking to their weird way of announcing things and we might see the announcement at a later date. Could be them doing something silly like waiting for Christmas day or announcing it at the start of the year for Japanese minded reasons.

If we got the trailer on tuesday or some other ridiculous nonsense it kind of wouldn’t surprise me.

shoutouts to capcom making Bipson ex psycho blast faster and even more plus on block.

edit: faster in the fireball movement i mean

1 Like

Doubt it, overall he got better. Seems to be a bit doom and gloom amongst Sagat players, but on paper the changes are good.

I’m always confident at the start. You gotta really try this stuff out, see how it changes interactions etc.

1 Like