SFV Lounge: Lupe please comeback! DevilJin moving to Mortal Kombat 11

I always felt like Rashit was the main character of SFV. For story reasons on one side and for being meta-defining with his foolproof corner carry and braindead pressure on the gameplay side.

3 Likes

Yes he is, I’m just talking about how Ryu character development should be in the future, without evil ryu, without snh and giving more spotlight to other new plots without him giving the final blow to new villains and no new firepower boost.

If I would prefer a hero in SFV it should have been more about Nash and realizing how important working together with his fellow comrades like before. So he had to sacrifice himself to Bison in order for his friends to beat Bison, rather him alone talking Bison down.

Yeah that is terrible. I feel bad for him.

3 Likes

Someone taking SF powerlevels serious, when Capcom just throws around Plotarmor whenever they think it’s fitting.

The only consitent thing about SF Story are the 1000 retcons every new game makes.

Actually there are no really power levels to be discuss, the only thing that is clear a 3 tier from veterans, masters and etc.

So one thing I’ve noticed about Season 3 is that, unlike S1 and S2, the majority of its characters aren’t actually a total pain in the ass to fight against. Blanka and G being the obvious exceptions but if this is the way forward then S4 will be more than welcome (and filled with low- to mid-tier characters but whatever).

1 Like

Fuck Ryu what we really need is Evil Sakura. She turns after she roofies Ryu and swallows his seed, absorbing any remaining SnH in his body.

With her new evil powers comes a slutty gi and a larger bust size.

So basically she will turn into Laura :^)

3 Likes

Hell no. The point of a season 4 is to add something fresh to the matches, not a batch of jobbers that the already existing cast can use for sparring. Last thing we want is to be at the end of the year and wonder “did something actually change compared to last year?”.

Just lost 1.2kg of weight after playing 2 hours of tekken and 2 hours of sfv one after another.

That means if I played fighting games for 24 hours, I’ll lose 7.2kg.

It’s a good plan for those who want to shed some weight before Christmas.

8 Likes

Sounds like I should play fighting games for a week straight then.

2 Likes

You can also add something fresh without going full BS. Falke is basically a balanced version of Menat.

You’re leaving out the 15 mins between sets where you took the biggest dump of your life and lost 1kg…

1 Like

Where’s the SFV general thread?

2 Likes

I think they’re kinda different from each other in general. Menat is more relateable to a limb character mechanics wise. Long button character with floaty jump and very hard to whiff punish buttons. Has no DP and a teleporty/evasive V Reversal which is typical of limb characters who don’t have fast dashes or quick jumps to move around.

Falke is more like a character that has long buttons, but plays more like a mid range character. Especially with her air fireball she’s neutrally pretty unique for SF. Falke also has a DP and a standard speed jump which is not typical of limb characters.

1 Like

were you playing on a treadmill

2 Likes

Long ass match of G vs The King (surprisingly honest match)

c.HP vs The King (think pootnannies posted this earlier but whatever I like this matchup)

Finish it off with Grief murr

Preview of S4 where Gief will be so stronk his strongest opponent will be himself.

3 Likes

I just got done watching all of these earlier. I hate how Bonchan has to just stand there a lot of the time because his normal options are too slow and his st.hk is shit.

Like throw plasma, can’t risk a second but also no normals decent enough to contest without fear of CC. Don’t think Bonchan can do much to compensate, his normal kit is just trash.

2 Likes

Since the discussion of MK11 yesterday, I’m honestly really excited for it. I played some SFV last night for like 30 minutes and was just kinda “meh”. I probably lost a few matches I shouldn’t have because I just didn’t care that much.

Booted up MKX and had a fun time in the few matches I played, and surprisingly there is a very strong online presence. I think I was finding matches faster in it than in SFV.

Now, I don’t understand the meta of MKX as much as I do SFV, which will definitely effect how “fun” I find it, but I think I’ll spend some time in the next couple of days playing some MK.

I do wish MKX had some sort of ranking system like SFV has though, but right now I just feel like changing things up a bit.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s like Capcom duped everyone with how he would turn out. The rumors were he’d be no shots, Necalli button throwing character. Then they were like oh nah we gonna give you shots, just the normals you’ll get in S4. c.HP is a CC like I wanted it to be, but like the most honest CC ever.

s.LK isn’t bad though.